New Q&A With Brad on LPunderground.com

LPxDC

For LPUNDERGROUND MEMBERS :

The LPU had a Q&A with Brad on updates on the new album. Sign in on the LPU to read the interview!

Please do not copy/paste the interview into this thread. Do not request for it either.

Thoughts on the interview for those who can read it?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha 1 minute apart. Sorry bro :( lol. honestly that interview was boring. But im thankful for the LPU trying to keep things interesting even though it wasnt.

z0mg 0xym0r0n

Yeah I can appreciate the fact that the LPU does Q&A's and stuff for us. The band members just need to lighten up.

Would it really kill them to say like "We're working on a song I really like called ________, and it's got this really cool drum part." Something like that. Just throw us a bone.

Rob did it in his LPU chat when he told us about the song he did where he tuned his drum set to sound like bongos. If only they could do that more often.

*yawn* i bet they will do this till one day we will walk into a music shop and BAM! there it is: the new album

my guess is that they feel that people expected something from MTM from what they said and they feel they were misinterpreted, now they want to say as little as possible so we wont have any specific expectations, thus listening to it for the first time with an open mind.

Brad sounded like a politican here. Turning all the words around, cleverly just restating the question, or not answering it at all. I think after waiting for a while like we have they could say SOMETHING about the new album.

Much thanks to LPU for trying!

I get why the guys don't try to explain how the new album is going to sound. The minute you say its going to sound like one thing, people will start expecting something that might be completely wrong. They want to let the music speak for itself. I can respect that. I know it doesn't ease the anticipation for the new record at all, but ah well. You'll all hear it in due time!

I get why the guys don't try to explain how the new album is going to sound. The minute you say its going to sound like one thing, people will start expecting something that might be completely wrong. They want to let the music speak for itself. I can respect that. I know it doesn't ease the anticipation for the new record at all, but ah well. You'll all hear it in due time!

This is true.

Just wondering Adam, have you heard any of the new music? ;)

yes i agree i don't expect them to tell me what it sounds like, but i would like a progress update and i think they owe that that much

I agree. I don't have to know what it sounds like. I would just lime to know how things are going. How many tracks are done, or how close they think they are to finishing up... Just something! Lol the supense is killing me.

*yawn* i bet they will do this till one day we will walk into a music shop and BAM! there it is: the new album

my guess is that they feel that people expected something from MTM from what they said and they feel they were misinterpreted, now they want to say as little as possible so we wont have any specific expectations, thus listening to it for the first time with an open mind.

LOL.

but i agree with you on your second point.

Brad sounded like a politican here. Turning all the words around, cleverly just restating the question, or not answering it at all. I think after waiting for a while like we have they could say SOMETHING about the new album.

Much thanks to LPU for trying!

too true... but i think GraDoN's point comes into play here though.

-_- why not..ffs

Because its an LPU exclusive?

haha i knew you would show up. It eased it up for me but id rather have heard it from Mike. He seems so eager all the time to speak with fans.

This is true.

he probably has. I bet

This is true.

thats a yes :P

do we know in what stage is the album??

is it going for Release in Summer ?

We do not. Nobody knows when its going to drop but they (Linkin Park) have their minds set for this year at some point.

I will definatly be interested in how the band is going to play these songs live. They are really going to have to step their game up.

The problem with the songs being 'harder to play live' is that probably means that they are more engineered/electronic, etc

The problem with the songs being 'harder to play live' is that probably means that they are more engineered/electronic, etc

Yep. Which is kinda annoying. because i would like to see a traditional rock song for once from them.

maaaayyybeee

You lucky lucky man.

Seems like there may be more new divide-ish type of songs then. I'm not saying they will sound like new divide but in terms of electronic elements and things going on in the song. They prob. wont be simple songs.

Definitely. Electro/Electronica is popular again.

Edit: Ah, sorry LPxDC

Edited by Xero21
Double Post Merged