8BR Review Hamburg

SpikeMinoda

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to know for sure whether or not this is the 6th String Song, because it definitely sounds like it is.

SOunds like a great time and I can't wait for the game!

didn't you see the new lputv video from the other testing events? Mike called in and when someone asked wether blackbirds is from Minutes to Midnight recording process or not Mike said it's brand new. So I think it's not the 6th string song.

didn't you see the new lputv video from the other testing events? Mike called in and when someone asked wether blackbirds is from Minutes to Midnight recording process or not Mike said it's brand new. So I think it's not the 6th string song.

thx :D and yes you are right!!!

the song was written only for the game and the game was planned long time ago already and it took like 12 month to be finished

This song was written during the MTM recording sessions. Because I am sure that it is the same as the 6SS. But this would mean they were already considering a game in 06/07 before the iPhone was even released (and the app store wasn't around for another year after that!)

It doesn't add up.

Hey Spike, from what you heard, did Blackbirds have any guitar in it, even a tiny bit? Some people were wondering about this after hearing the preview. Obviously, it's supposed to be a string song (most likely) so I wouldn't be surprised if there is no guitar but...maybe?

You can clearly hear guitar in the clip that's in the trailer.

You can clearly hear guitar in the clip that's in the trailer.

I don't think so. The only thing which is close to guitar is during Mike's rapping verse and it is not loud. I don't think you can distinguish whether it is guitar or some other string instrument. It does sound like a muted guitar though but it could just be a string instrument. I guess I was wondering if there was something more obvious.

THE SONG IS NEW AND CREATED ONLY FOR THE GAME, STOP SPAMMING THIS POST WITH DISCUSSIONS ABOUT WHEN BLACKBIRDS WAS WRITTEN

It's not spam if it's related to the topic. 8BR=Blackbirds, therefore I can discuss the song in any way I please. I'm not going to believe that this is not the 6th string song until I hear it from Mike Shinoda. Astat mentioned in another thread that both Not Alone and Across The Line were promoted as brand new when in fact that wasn't entirely the truth. It believe the same thing is going on here.

It's not spam if it's related to the topic. 8BR=Blackbirds, therefore I can discuss the song in any way I please. I'm not going to believe that this is not the 6th string song until I hear it from Mike Shinoda. Astat mentioned in another thread that both Not Alone and Across The Line were promoted as brand new when in fact that wasn't entirely the truth. It believe the same thing is going on here.

the topic is the event and not when blackbirds was written, start a new topic and discuss it as much as you like!!

the topic is the event and not when blackbirds was written, start a new topic and discuss it as much as you like!!

the song was written only for the game and the game was planned long time ago already and it took like 12 month to be finished

because it was said by the game developer XDDD

A developer at the event was discussing when the song was written. So I don't see how talking about it in a topic about the event is off topic.