8BR Review Hamburg

SpikeMinoda

you can't realistically tell me the song was written for the game lol, especially when we have a clip of it from 2007 or hell even 2006. this is an mtm bside, not a damn brand new song they wrote for the game. mike says EVERYTHING is new, no matter when it was made. see : not alone and across the line. and LOL @ someone saying not alone has fort minor influence. Jesus. that's like saying big pimpin has creedence Clearwater influence lol, it's just not possible. some of you crack me up. blackbirds being a new song....LOL that's hilarious. the developer obviously has no damn clue what he is talking about. this is the exact same song we heard in the mtm DVD.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't realistically tell me the song was written for the game lol, especially when we have a clip of it from 2007 or hell even 2006. this is an mtm bside, not a damn brand new song they wrote for the game. mike says EVERYTHING is new, no matter when it was made. see : not alone and across the line. and LOL @ someone saying not alone has fort minor influence. Jesus. that's like saying big pimpin has creedence Clearwater influence lol, it's just not possible. some of you crack me up. blackbirds being a new song....LOL that's hilarious. the developer obviously has no damn clue what he is talking about. this is the exact same song we heard in the mtm DVD.

QFT.

QFT. ;)

+1

This song was written during the MTM recording sessions. Because I am sure that it is the same as the 6SS. But this would mean they were already considering a game in 06/07 before the iPhone was even released (and the app store wasn't around for another year after that!)

It doesn't add up.

the song may have been thought of and labeled as a demo but that doesnt mean the 6SS was being made for the game. They probably thought hey lets finish this song up and throw it in the game as a bonus and incentive for people like us to buy the game. simple.

the song may have been thought of and labeled as a demo but that doesnt mean the 6SS was being made for the game. They probably thought hey lets finish this song up and throw it in the game as a bonus and incentive for people like us to buy the game. simple.

With or without a new song we all wouldv'e bought it, you know that. :lol:

That would make sense except the entire game is based around the song. PixxelKorp has stolen 'Blackbirrds' and separated it into six pieces (Conveniently one for each band member). After you get all six pieces, you beat the game and unlock the song.

That would make sense except the entire game is based around the song. PixxelKorp has stolen 'Blackbirrds' and separated it into six pieces (Conveniently one for each band member). After you get all six pieces, you beat the game and unlock the song.

yea

that too :P

What I was getting at was that if what the game dev in Hamburg said is true and this song was written solely for 8BR then LP would have the game planned since before the iPhone was released.

Also, it's my understanding from the Meteora and MTM DVD's that strings are the last thing recorded meaning the song is otherwise done. So the only way this song could be written exclusively for 8BR is if they did something similar to Not Alone and rewrote lyrics or something. Then I guess that would technically mean the song was written only for 8BR.

didn't you see the new lputv video from the other testing events? Mike called in and when someone asked wether blackbirds is from Minutes to Midnight recording process or not Mike said it's brand new. So I think it's not the 6th string song.

Despite the fact that it's in the same key as the 6th string song, has the same tempo as the 6th string song, and uses the same beat and strings as the 6th string song. Totally.

THE SONG IS NEW AND CREATED ONLY FOR THE GAME, STOP SPAMMING THIS POST WITH DISCUSSIONS ABOUT WHEN BLACKBIRDS WAS WRITTEN

start a new topic for it and don't spam the event review topic with it

I'm sure if this was a topic about the 8BR testing event in Los Angeles (or any other testing event that you hadn't personally attended, for that matter), you wouldn't be this adamant about staying on topic.

I think that "Blackbirds" is based off the 6th string song demo, but it was re-written with LP's new style for the game. You can tell that in both Not Alone and Blackbirds there are some fort minor beat samples. And their new style has that fort minor influence. Not Alone has some fort minor influence, there just wasn't any rapping because it's hard to rap about something like an earthquake that has killed many people and destroyed many homes and villages.

"Fort Minor beat samples" ...? Mike can re-use sample banks to make beats in any kind of song he wants, that doesn't make them "Fort Minor beats," lol.

so it doenst have any guitar in it..?that's dissapointing

I would bet money that there will be. I'm pretty sure I hear palm-muted guitar in the clip from the trailer.

Now THAT is a good question; if any work was done on the song since they supposedly were done with it. need to interview mike asap.

I wouldn't be surprised if some work was done on it more recently, we know that happened with Not Alone and they mentioned briefly that they decided to "finish" Across the Line for the LPU CD (although we don't know how much/what kind of work that involved).

Err...what? Mike said the song title/lyrics don't have anything to do with the game.

in the last LPTV episode (or LPUTV), joe says that is brand new... and isn't from the MTM sessions...

That was Mike, and we've been over this. As for the game developer also saying it was brand new, no shit that's what they're going to say! The developers are only going to know what the band has told them about the song, and if the band says it's brand new...

I am 100% certain that Blackbirds is the 6th string song. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

who said, that there's no guitar in it? ;)

ok I got the hint,thnx man ;)

I would bet money that there will be. I'm pretty sure I hear palm-muted guitar in the clip from the trailer.

right,by guitar I meant a proper guitar part, a riff,some distortion something....

It's all marketing people. Customers are more prone to purchase the game if they are getting a "new" song. Even if it wasn't necessarily produces in 2009/2010, we only heard a few seconds of it back during the MTM creation process. So this song definitely is new for us, wether it was made back in the MTM days, or wether it was made yesterday.

It's all marketing people. Customers are more prone to purchase the game if they are getting a "new" song. Even if it wasn't necessarily produces in 2009/2010, we only heard a few seconds of it back during the MTM creation process. So this song definitely is new for us, wether it was made back in the MTM days, or wether it was made yesterday.

this...

and they say "brand new" because it wasn't released before and no one heard it so far (except the testing event attenders). It doesn't matter if they made the song 3 years ago or yesterday....it's a new song for us.