NEW LPUTV & LPTV Episode!

LPxDC

You are arguing that he doesn't know that is was recorded in the MTM sessions, and then you claim that you know for a fact that it was re-recorded. That is equally as speculative as the post you are attempting to rebut.

lol. im actually going off of what mike said, that is was actually new. from that info, we can assume that they re-recorded it, rather than used an old song they made

Plus i didnt say for a fact. i said "maybe"

Edited by mvaug002

I hate to reply to such non important issues, but i just have to let you know that ur wrong. If they made a beat to a song during MTM, then thats what they did. They didnt record this exact song during that time. Maybe they used the same beat, and wrote new lyrics, and new instrumentals to it. so the answer is...no

lol. im actually going off of what mike said, that is was actually new. from that info, we can assume that they re-recorded it, rather than used an old song they made

One "maybe" does not make up for your other claims.

One "maybe" does not make up for your other claims.

like i said, i was going off of what a band member said. You know, someone in linkin park. but yea it doesnt matter either way. its a new song unless someone can say they have heard it

I hate to reply to such non important issues, but i just have to let you know that ur wrong. If they made a beat to a song during MTM, then thats what they did. They didnt record this exact song during that time. Maybe they used the same beat, and wrote new lyrics, and new instrumentals to it. so the answer is...no

That would be extremely nit-picky of Mike.

He didn't say Not Alone was brand new, he was very forthright about the fact that it was a MtM demo that they completed later on. Why would he not do that now?

like i said, i was going off of what a band member said. You know, someone in linkin park. but yea it doesnt matter either way. its a new song unless someone can say they have heard it

Because band members are always right, Mr. Mike 8-Bit-Rebellion-In-January Shinoda.

:P

How do you know if it's good if the song hasn't even come out yet? I really want all of the MTM b-sides eventually, so I'm hoping this is the 6th string song. I don't want a 'new' song until the first single comes out from the new album.

You do realize that both Across the Line and Not Alone were referred to as "brand new" as well, despite both of them dating back to the MTM sessions? The band uses "brand new" to describe anything that hasn't been released before. The song in the game could be something like Pictureboard, and I guarantee they would still refer to it as "brand new."

I don't see what's so hard to understand by listening to the A/B comparison video ernieball003 posted. The beat is exactly the same, the strings are the same...the only thing that MIGHT have been re-recorded is the vocals, as was the case with Not Alone. That still doesn't make it "new."

You do realize that both Across the Line and Not Alone were referred to as "brand new" as well, despite both of them dating back to the MTM sessions? The band uses "brand new" to describe anything that hasn't been released before. The song in the game could be something like Pictureboard, and I guarantee they would still refer to it as "brand new."

I don't see what's so hard to understand by listening to the A/B comparison video ernieball003 posted. The beat is exactly the same, the strings are the same...the only thing that MIGHT have been re-recorded is the vocals, as was the case with Not Alone. That still doesn't make it "new."

Definitely. This song is clearly the 6SS.

And I also agree with you on the point that LP will call anything that hasn't been released yet "brand new," even if it was recorded years ago. I actually sort of agree with them on that, because it's "new" to us as fans.

What I did not understand is why Mike, when specifically asked if it was recorded during the MtM sessions, did not say that it was when it clearly was. It's not like it's a big deal, doesn't ruin the song or anything, I just wonder what made him say that.