Texas Stadium Implosion

hahninator

Thought I should mention this one for you guys.

Texas Stadium, one of the two locations where LP filmed their 2003 "Live In Texas" DVD at (the other being Houston), was imploded today. Over the course of two days, August 2nd and 3rd, 2003, Linkin Park and their crew filmed a live DVD that encompassed their 17 song hit-filled setlist on an opening slot for Metallica's Summer Sanitarium Tour. Chester mentions the city as "Dallas" when talking during the live DVD when he says where they filmed the two shows at.

Check out the video of the implosion here. The football team that played there, the Dallas Cowboys, have opened a new stadium in Arlington, TX called Cowboys Stadium. Maybe LP will play there someday...?

haha i wanted to make a newswire post about this but i didnt think anyone would care xD.

i think the video is coool.

and i doubt LP will ever do a stadium tour alone. i dont see them doing that for some reason.

haha i wanted to make a newswire post about this but i didnt think anyone would care xD.

i think the video is coool.

and i doubt LP will ever do a stadium tour alone. i dont see them doing that for some reason.

I actually got the idea to post this after I saw the update on your Twitter account. No joke, lol. Stadium tour, I agree. LP/Muse in stadiums would be cool though.

Heh, ok, that was cool. I remember the stadium more as where the Cowboys played. Saw a game there once, from the endzone, with a big group of family. Think I also went there a couple times via marching band. Kinda sad to see it go, knowing I'll never get to see another Cowboys game live again. If LP does play the new stadium, the ticket prices better not be as insane as they are for Cowboys games now (I know they won't be, it's just a joke, that would be ridiculous). Unless you settle for the crappiest seats available, you have to pay thousands of dollars just for the option to purchase actual tickets, the crappiest of which are almost $600. And don't even try for seats on the 50.

I played in a few high school football games at Texas Stadium and was at what has been called the best high school football game ever (it was the school I eventually played for, Plano East)

Sad day :(

Now holy shit, that is an amazing video. Commentary is HILARIOUS.

My hate for the Cowboys can't overcome the fact that LP played there. The only thing that would have satisfied me more than seeing the place come down was if Jerry Jones were bound and gagged and left somewhere within the building at the time it came down.

No worries... It's not a death wish on him. His uber large ego and even larger wallet would have protected him against the crushing debris coming down on him. :P

I played in a few high school football games at Texas Stadium and was at what has been called the best high school football game ever (it was the school I eventually played for, Plano East)

Amazing.

"If they score, imma jump outta this booth..."

"I dun wet my britches."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" xD

It's kind of sad to see this stadium disappear....If I still watch Live In Texas one day, I will be thinking "Now this place doesn't exist anymore" and that will make me nostalgic... :( Oh well, I'm not very materialist anyway ^^

Sad to see the stadium go. While the new one is bad for football, it would be badass for a concert!!! I'd love to see LP play there!

Best football commentary ever!

"They got it again! They got it again! Good gosh almighty!"

"We're going to celebrate. Break out the oreos baby!"

Edit: "Oh gosh. God Bless those kids. I'm sick. I'm gonna throw up."

Edited by Numbrocker

i wish they would've imploded the new stadium instead lol

terrible place for football...the giant screen is too low and keeps getting hit by punts!

The screen itself was never hit by punts, only the Mitsubishi sign that hung below it. Since U2's concert, the screen is now on an adjustable lift that can be lowered all the way down to the field in addition to being raised about 25 extra feet.