Album Update

hahninator

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't that an oxy-moron

Nah listen to some Avenged Sevenfold stuff like Second Heartbeat and Some Bullet Stuff is like that. It just means that musically its gonna be probably minor but lyrically and harmonically its gonna be like more along the lines of happy songs. LP has done stuff like before NMS is like that, Points of Authority is also like that.

That's what I think too. It's Mike's band, I heard Chester say that himself. I got a feeling Mike is writing most of their music too, he is definitily the one that keeps track of everything.

I know Chester is the frontman towards the public in music videos and stuff but if you can talk of a frontman in writing, then that would be Mike.

I meant frontman as a singer, and this is why i've put some quotation marks on frontman. But yeah Mike is the major element of the band, for sure. =)

Agreed. I wonder where Rob and Brad are though?? I know Chester is hurt, but Brad and Rob aren't so why didn't they work with Mike, Joe and Phoenix?

Agreed. I wonder where Rob and Brad are though?? I know Chester is hurt, but Brad and Rob aren't so why didn't they work with Mike, Joe and Phoenix?

could be in their own group or even chilling with chester or maybe shopping or possibly spending time with family and loved ones? yeah they have life away from linkin park.

the way Mike put it, it kinda seems like he, Joe, and Phoenix were just kind of hanging out testing out Joe's new turntable and came up with some stuff. He makes it sound like it wasn't planned that they were going to write, it just kind of happened.

I meant frontman as a singer, and this is why I've put some quotation marks on frontman. But yeah Mike is the major element of the band, for sure. =)

In that MTV Masters interview Mike does call Chester the mascot of the band which sounds like Mike also sees Chester as the Frontman. It's funny how they both seem to want to push the other to the foreground and take a backseat. They both have equally major roles and play off each other quite well.

I would imagine even though Chester is recovering, he's still involved by phone or the guys go over to his house. From the last album it seemed like Rob did a good bit of his work solo since he was at his drum studio so I wasn't surprised he wasn't mentioned. I wonder who they will have produce this album? Don? Rick? Mike? or someone new?

In that MTV Masters interview Mike does call Chester the mascot of the band which sounds like Mike also sees Chester as the Frontman. It's funny how they both seem to want to push the other to the foreground and take a backseat. They both have equally major roles and play off each other quite well.

I would imagine even though Chester is recovering, he's still involved by phone or the guys go over to his house. From the last album it seemed like Rob did a good bit of his work solo since he was at his drum studio so I wasn't surprised he wasn't mentioned. I wonder who they will have produce this album? Don? Rick? Mike? or someone new?

oh god, please no more Rick Rubin

Mike has a ton of experience right now

he must be the next producer.

mike is the curse in person

everything he touches flop, melt, disappear

he can't produce lp, because lp will flop a lot in next record :huh: :unsure:

No, not really. Mike has A LOT of talent musically, and why do you think he produced Reanimation, Hybrid Theory EP and partly on Minutes To Midnight? I think if they chose Rick again that would be a bad idea. He was great in helping them find their new sound, which is what Rick Rubin is for, to help artists change and evolve. I think now that they have their new sound locked down, they should choose a straight-forward producer. I'm not saying Don, but maybe someone like him. Keep in mind guys that if LP were to choose Don it wouldn't sound like nu-metal because he most likely understands that they have changed, I bet he likes them even more now since he use used to call them ''poor me'' lyrics.

mike is the curse in person

everything he touches flop, melt, disappear

he can't produce lp, because lp will flop a lot in next record :huh: :unsure:

WHAT??

and yup, he produced HTEP, and it was great

the band really did what they wanted

i want mike for the next album, but i dont believe that WB will let him alone

Edited by LinkinJoze