Album Update

hahninator

Straight from the blog of Shinoda the Cobra Holder,

"I've been making songs on my own at home or in the bus, but hadn't gotten to work with the other guys until this week. A few days ago, Joe, Phoenix and I were having some fun at Joe's, and started a couple things. Of the two songs we worked on, one was a heavier, fast-tempo song with heavy guitars and distorted sampled drums, and the other was a little less aggressive, but still dark and upbeat, and had a really interesting chord progression. Joe's got this new MIDI keyboard-turntable unit, where he can make his vinyl play tones that you hit on the keyboard, and we can scratch them in real time. It's pretty cool--I think there's a lot of potential for that thing.

Anyway, more updates to come later. We're preparing for a more defined studio schedule in the coming weeks."

A picture of Phoenix on bass from the session can be found here:

http://media.sparkart.net/mikeshinoda/cont...oenixatWork.jpg

Excellent news! Sounds like even though Chester is injured, the rest of the band is getting it together and is ready to write. Two songs being worked on? Great. Can't wait for more updates....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Awesome news! Hope there'll be more stories like this.

ps What's wrong with Phi's shirt? :unsure:

i agree. whats wrong with it? only thing i notice is its a little low cut? that it?

by the sounds of it, New LP album will be awesome

(on a side note, Acronyms are fun)

Haha, i knew they'll move on something heavier. After all critics they had on Minutes, they finally didn't have no more choice >D

Looks like he is wearing a women's shirt.....haha...the silly guy.

I thought the same thing xD or the "Sunday shirt"

Whoa. This sounds great. I can't wait for the album. Do you think they will do what they did with MTM and write a lot of songs and choose the top 12/13 or just write 12 solid songs and work on them?

they will probs write like 15-20 songs. and put 12 on the album, have 3-5 left as demos and the rest will be incomplete. probs.

Very very nice :) Sounds very interesting.

But please don't say "I knew they would they'll move on to something heavier." It's two songs. Non of these songs are likely to end up on the record. I'm sure they won't change their direction from MtM. They said at the beginning of the MtM writing progress: "There definitily going to be a lot of screaming" and we get screaming on like three songs.

It's nice with updates, but it's faaar to early to jump to conclusions.

This is wonderful news. Hopefully Mike will keep updates coming. I really want to hear what Joe can do with that new turntable. Would love to hear a Joe instrumental on this album.

Yeah, but one like Cure for the itch (from 0:54), and Session.

Those are really dreamy tracks, which I love..

It's a bit like the background on the verses on By Myself. I adore that too..

Edited by Kruspe

one was a heavier, fast-tempo song with heavy guitars and distorted sampled drums, and the other was a little less aggressive, but still dark and upbeat, and had a really interesting chord progression

Excellent maybe this album will be more on the metal side. That would be sweet.

this is awesome to hear that the guys are doing some work even though Chester is not around. i have a feeling this album is gonna be their best yet

course it is. well. it will be like as good at HT cause bands 2nd albums are normally ok but not as good as 1st, 3rd drops and 4th picks up alot. 5th is either very good or pointless.

Even if Chester's not around they'd always worked by 2 guys or 1 or 3 or the whole band or whatever.

It depends. Chester is the "frontman" but it doesn't mean that he decides for all.

The guys can work together with or without Chester.

Awesome news!!! I can't wait for more studio stories, hopefully even some LPTV. I think this album will be their best yet, I have a strong feeling oddly. And that's awesome about the heavier type shit.