Album Update

hahninator

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Reanimation.

Blame Rick for mtm, not mike.

Blame Rick and Mike with the others guys. You have to stop blaming only Rick. It's like he did the whole album, though he didn't.

He gave more freedom to the band than other producers actually and at this time, Mike was more into melody than other things. Chester said that in an interview, but too bad i can't remember which one was. It was a video at the beginning of the PR08.

Edit: i've found the video http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iD5fHMtdbQM and it's from PR07 sorry

Edited by Mawloo

Blame Rick and Mike with the others guys. You have to stop blaming only Rick. It's like he did the whole album, though he didn't.

He gave more freedom to the band than other producers actually and at this time, Mike was more into melody than other things. Chester said that in an interview, but too bad i can't remember which one was. It was a video at the beginning of the PR08.

Edit: i've found the video http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iD5fHMtdbQM and it's from PR07 sorry

You're right and I should have been more clear. I do blame everyone involved, but I blame Rick Rubin more than anyone else. As the producer he had the final say. Plus someone brainwashed mike into thinking he's a singer, not a rapper.

You're right and I should have been more clear. I do blame everyone involved, but I blame Rick Rubin more than anyone else. As the producer he had the final say. Plus someone brainwashed mike into thinking he's a singer, not a rapper.

I actually like his singing voice. Also, Chester was the one who wanted him to sing more. Mike also said that he tried to put rap stuff in the songs and it sounded cheesy and cliche. So don't say that Mike was brainwashed, he wanted to sing himself, he didn't want to rap on stuff. Be happy that he at least rapped on Bleed It Out and Hands Held High, because Hands Held High was originally supposed to be singing but Rick suggested trying rap over it, which stuck. We also got We Made It and Magic Doors after Minutes To Midnight came out, which is better than nothing I guess. At least he rapped two verses for us.

I actually like his singing voice. Also, Chester was the one who wanted him to sing more. Mike also said that he tried to put rap stuff in the songs and it sounded cheesy and cliche. So don't say that Mike was brainwashed, he wanted to sing himself, he didn't want to rap on stuff. Be happy that he at least rapped on Bleed It Out and Hands Held High, because Hands Held High was originally supposed to be singing but Rick suggested trying rap over it, which stuck. We also got We Made It and Magic Doors after Minutes To Midnight came out, which is better than nothing I guess. At least he rapped two verses for us.

Like I've said before, the beats on mtm are too hard to rap on besides bleed it out and hands held high. So I understand why it wouldn't have sounded right. I just blamed Rick because before mtm, lp was balanced vocally.