Linkin Park Unplugged set

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Im 100% positive that LP will record someday a MTV Unplugged or something like that

which songs would you choose?

Korn did a 11 songs set, so... here's my set

what do you think that LP can change of this songs?

01) A Place For My Head

02) Leave Out All The Rest

03) Pushing Me Away

04) From The Inside (Replace screaming with harmonies)

05) Breaking The Habit

06) My December

07) Numb (I can see this song as a piano version in the next tour)

08) What I've Done

09) The Little Things Give You Away

10) In The End

11) One Step Closer

Edited by Linkin JZÉ

Why on earth would this NOT happen at some point? You guys are way to quick to rule things out. Any LP song without screaming in it is pretty much game for being translated to an acoustic version...

I dont understand the other users, Back in the 2004 I used to think that they can't do this because they didnt have enough soft songs, and today with MTM they can handle a nice acoustic set

It will happen someday, Linkin Park is a huge band and MTV loves them

actually im very very surprised that this has'nt happened yet.

01. Breaking the Habit | piano

02. Pushing Me Away | piano

03. What I've Done | piano

04. My December | piano , drums

05. Little Things | acoustic guitar , piano , drums

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

06. New Divide | first part only , piano

07. In The End | acoustic guitar , drums

Edited by feelthless

This could definitely happen, they kind of already do it except they make piano versions of songs.

I couldn't see anything with Mike singing, so they wouldn't do NRL or In Between in my opinion (unless they got Chester to sing them).

Crawling, In The End, Pushing Me Away, Somewhere I Belong, Breaking The Habit, Numb, Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day, What I've Done, Valentine's Day, and In Pieces could all work.

1. New Divide

2. Breaking the Habit (Ft. David Dramian of Disturbed)

3. Numb

4. Valentine's Day

4. A Place for My Head (08 Intro as an Interlude)

5. From the Inside

6. What I've Done

7. Hands Held High Acapella / Crawling (Ft. Amy Lee of Evanescence and Aaron Lewis of Staind)

8. In The End

9. Pushing Me Away

10. No Roads Left (Acoustic Guitar and Strings Only)

10. One Step Closer (Ft. Jonathan Davis)

Show Notes

- David Dramian of Disturbed joined the band for "Breaking the Habit," providing harmonies for the song.

- The long APFMH intro that Brad plays live before the song itself, was played as an interlude during the set. The full song was not played however.

- Amy Lee of Evanescence and Aaron Lewis of Staind joined the band for "Crawling." Amy Lee sang the 2nd verse, and Aaron Lewis sang his harmonies on the Reanimation version. The song featured the Reanimation intro over which Mike rapped "Hands Held High."

- Mike surprised the audience with an acoustic version of "No Roads Left." It featured only acoustic guitar and strings and was the only performance of the song ever.

1. New Divide

2. Breaking the Habit (Ft. David Dramian of Disturbed)

3. Numb

4. Valentine's Day

4. A Place for My Head (08 Intro as an Interlude)

5. From the Inside

6. What I've Done

7. Hands Held High Acapella / Crawling (Ft. Amy Lee of Evanescence and Aaron Lewis of Staind)

8. In The End

9. Pushing Me Away

10. No Roads Left (Acoustic Guitar and Strings Only)

10. One Step Closer (Ft. Jonathan Davis)

Show Notes

- David Dramian of Disturbed joined the band for "Breaking the Habit," providing harmonies for the song.

- The long APFMH intro that Brad plays live before the song itself, was played as an interlude during the set. The full song was not played however.

- Amy Lee of Evanescence and Aaron Lewis of Staind joined the band for "Crawling." Amy Lee sang the 2nd verse, and Aaron Lewis sang his harmonies on the Reanimation version. The song featured the Reanimation intro over which Mike rapped "Hands Held High."

- Mike surprised the audience with an acoustic version of "No Roads Left." It featured only acoustic guitar and strings and was the only performance of the song ever.

Wow I wasn't aware it already happened. :P

1. What I've Done

2. Pushing Me Away

3. Breaking the Habit

4. Numb

5. Faint (ft. Burt McCracken of The Used)

6. My December

7. In The End

8. The Little Things Give You Away

9. Crawling (Ft. Aaron Lewis of Staind / Reanimated HHH Intro)

10. One Step Closer

Well if it was to happen song my guess is these tracks:

Breaking The Habit

Numb

Little Things

Pushing Me Away

My December

In Piece's

Leave Out All The Rest

Easier To Run

Not Alone

What Ive Done

In The End

Possibly might throw in Let Down since its an acoustic show. Songs above are in no order.

• 3 years later...

giving this a bump.

A lot has changed since this topic was openend. LP added the LPU Summits and played a couple of new acoustic versions, also ATS and LT dropped adding more songs to their cataloge.

What I'd like to see, in no particular order:

- Breaking The Habit (with an real orchestra, extending the song musically)

- In My Remains

- Easier To Run

- Pushing Me Away (either the studio or Reani version)

- Crawling (with Aaron Lewis)

- Numb/Encore (if that sounds any good with Jay-Z) or just Numb

- In The End

- One Step Closer (a slower version)

- In Pieces

- My December

- When They Come For Me

- Little Things (with some guest on guitar)

No LOATR or Messenger.

1) Breaking The Habit

2) Pushing Me Away

3) IN MY REMAINS

4) Easier To Run

5) Crawling (KRWLNG Strings Intro w/ HHH v1)

6) In The End

7) Numb

8) The Little Things Give You Away

9) CASTLE OF GLASS

10) LOATR SOTD Iridescent

11) My December

12) The Messenger

13) What I've Done

3 years ago i created this thread and yet I dont see the band interested in doing an unplugged

someone should fucking ask that to the band in a M&G

or try to ask to Mike via twitter please

It would definitely be interesting to ask. I'm pretty sure they might say something generic like "we don't have any plans for something like that right now" which is obvious. If they say that I would ask (in a respectful way) why not. I find it hard to believe nobody has ever offered the opportunity for LP to perform an unplugged set. Not trying to assume too much, but LP is a huge name. LP's first ever (full) acoustic set would be something special. If the band just doesn't want to, we have no choice but to respect that. It would be interesting to know if that's actually the case though.

It would definitely be interesting to ask. I'm pretty sure they might say something generic like "we don't have any plans for something like that right now" which is obvious. If they say that I would ask (in a respectful way) why not. I find it hard to believe nobody has ever offered the opportunity for LP to perform an unplugged set. Not trying to assume too much, but LP is a huge name. LP's first ever (full) acoustic set would be something special. If the band just doesn't want to, we have no choice but to respect that. It would be interesting to know if that's actually the case though.

Dude you gotta ask that and tell em that a mexican friend has been waiting for this since 2004!

Dude you gotta ask that and tell em that a mexican friend has been waiting for this since 2004!

LOL I said it would be an interesting thing to ask, not that I actually have a way to ask them! I wish.. That was hypothetical.

Edited by Justin

3 years ago i created this thread and yet I dont see the band interested in doing an unplugged

someone should fucking ask that to the band in a M&G

Actually someone asked this exact question at the Hamburg Summit in 2011. Their reaction was "why don't we do it right now?" and then they started with the acoustic set totally acting like it wasn't planned all along lol.