Your LP Top 3

Braininator

Your LP Top 3 (woohoo for rhyming!)

Pick your top three Linkin Park songs and list them, giving reasons. Since this is in the Album Discussion forum, your choice should be primarily focussed on the album version of each track. However, you may use the live variations of a track to help justify your choices.

So mine are:

#1. Somewhere I Belong - The song I connect with lyrically the mosty. A radio friendly song that can be easily shared with others. Love the extended intro live. Decent video also.

#2. P5hng Me A*wy - I enjoy the songs that make full use of all 6 members of LP. Hence why this is right up there in my favourites. I think the gradual build-up throughout the song arranged perfectly. Awesome song both on the album and live.

#3. No More Sorrow - All about the intro. I'm really happy the Ebow found it's way into this song rather than TLTGYA. And then in the live versions, there have been about 3 or 4 variations on the intro, and all have fitted in perfectly because they all are centred around the core intro. It's pretty cool that the song made it into Guitar Hero without being a single. It has a great heavy sound.

I know it's the top 3, but I gotta say that In Pieces would be 4th. Same reasoning as #2.

Oh man...

This is very very hard i have to say {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well..

No.1:

A Place for My Head

Best song! Brads guitar intro is damn! Chesters singing in that song is awesome!!! In my opinion the best live performance of this song was in London, 28th January 2008.

No.2:

No More Sorrow

I also can repeat the opinion of Brain, the intros are awesome, especially if No More Sorrow opens the live set {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif.

No.3:

One Step Closer

This song is amazing. I love it, and also the intros, they are awesome, both of them (07 & 08 Intros).

Regards

Well this is my top 3:

1.Leave Out All The Rest:This song is awesome!The chorus is the best thing in that song and Chester's singing is great!!!Just a great song!!!

2.No Roads Left:Mike's voice is amazing,i didn't expecting him to have so good voice!!The other thing that i like in this song is the energy that it have in the chorus!!!

3.Numb:Chester's voice is amazing and the other thing is the music is great!!!

Wow, this is really hard to say. Cause I love every song. Ok, only 3(!) I try my best.

My choice and ranking could change related to my "daily condition".... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

3. NUMB

I love this song. The voice of Chazy sounds amazing in this one. The lyrics are very close to me!

2. WITH YOU

Mike is really good in this one. I love the part "I hit you and you hit me back We fall to the floor, the rest of the day stands still" .... and the scream from Chazy "COME ON !!!" Just WOW

1. PUSHING ME AWAY (Studio AND Piano version)

I love how the guitar sounds and again... Chaz! This song is in my heart and my soul! "Why I never walked away...." And when Im listening to the piano version I have to cry ...

1. One Step Closer - this song hooked me on linkin park. it was the second lp song i'd ever heard. i also really like jonathan davis's bridge on the remix.

2. In Between - don't know why i like this one, i just do.

3. Pushing Me Away - the live reanimation version (where mike's singing the bridge) is amazing. words can't describe it.

1. What I've Done

- the piano was the first thing to get me hooked on this song. then each time I heard it it would put the biggest smile on my face. this song is just amazing

2. In The End

- I was hooked the second I heard this song on the radio.

3. No More Sorrow

- the drums on this song are amazing as well as the ebow and hearing it live made me love it even more.

Faint and Shadow Of The Day would be my 4 and 5.

My top 3

1) Somewhere I Belong - The anticipation between all the LP fans the day the song debuted on KROC in NYC shut down the ,bank we were working at because all the tellers were in the drive thru area listening to the song. Not one person had anything bad to say about it either.

2) Place For My Head - The intro hooked me right in. The lyrics showed me how bad a relationship I was in.

3) The Little Things Give You Away - Just can see visuals of Katrina with this song. Moved me when I heard it live at PR07, Chester's screaming lament during the song made one girl cry that was sitting by me.

Hard decision ...

01.Breaking the Habit : Just a beautiful song. I think the strings and Chester's voice on this song are amazing.

02.QWERTY : Musically, it's amazing !! I also love how Chester can scream/sing in the live version.

03.In the End : First song I liked from Linkin Park. It'll be among my favorites forever.

Wow, this would be hard to be able to narrow down. In The End, Runaway, & One Step Closer have been my songs since Hybird Theory, when I was just a little kid. I also love Leave Out All The Rest and No More Sorrow (especially when it's the first song in a live set). Pushing Me Away, Points of Authority, and Lying from You keep popping up on my favorites list, especially since MTM came out. So I can't pick just 3. Sorry.

1) figure .09: from start to finish, the energy in this song is incredible! the buildup to the bridge around 2:08 is amazing, such a great pump-up song for me!

2) wth>you (with you): the reanimated version is so friggin good. the intro scream gets you right away (i.e. rock AM ring 01 and '04) and as an added bonus, i love the hip-hop bit starting at 2:28. the studio version is really good, but if they had the scream as the intro, it would be #1 on my list.

3) given up: non-stop energy from start to finish, the live version esp. with the outro is nuts! oh yeah, that 17 second scream kinda help too, haha.

... if it was expanded to 5, id have to go with faint and OSC due to their intense energy. although i could rate all the songs from 1 to finish but that would take a bit more time {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif

hrm, number one's not a problem, but everything after that gives me a headache...

1 - apfmh. just because. :P no, i got into that song after seeing lit for the first time. before that with you was my fav, but seeing apfmh head life on that dvd made me change my mind completely.

2 - pushing me away (studio and reanimation-version, i can't decide). this is lyrically my fav one, and hearing it life is always a pleasure (if it's not the piano-version T_T)

3 - no more sorrow. i love the rawness of that song. brad's guitar intro live gives me the same shivers as apfmh.

2) wth>you (with you): the reanimated version is so friggin good. the intro scream gets you right away (i.e. rock AM ring 01 and '04) and as an added bonus, i love the hip-hop bit starting at 2:28. the studio version is really good, but if they had the scream as the intro, it would be #1 on my list.

and the chorus is cool too.

I agree with No More Sorrow being great for the amazing intros. Fortunately when I covered it I used the intro that i saw at Madison Square Garden n then came up with my own outro with the rest of my band. Very Fun Song To Play.

1. One Step Closer- The song that hooked me onto LP. This will always be my fav song of all time.

2. Faint- just a super fun song. kinda reminds me of the epitome of Meteora.

3. wow i never got passed picking 1 or 2. P5hng and BTH are both great. SIB also. Hard to choose...

• 2 weeks later...

these are my top 3.

1) Hit the floor heavy song with an ominous twist in it.

2) by myself chesters screaming is amazing in this song, and goes well with mike's vocals

3) qwerty heavy song with lots of yelling, great riffs, lyrics are kinda weird. they repeat alot..

yeah, i like loud screaming music so dont critisize my favs. perfect example of a good song with screaming that o enjoy is full nelson, by limp bizkit.

Leave out ll the rest - love the lyrics. I think it is best song of MTM...and also it has perfect video!!

No more sorrow - as somebody said before, this song is jut awesome and it is perfect for opening set with long intro!!

P5shing me a*wy- this song is just beautiful...lyrics are awesome...and i love listening to live version like in Live in Texas!!

(If there was 4. it would surely be 1stp Klosr)

My top 3 Linkin Park songs:

1. One Step Closer (Live In Texas) - i seriously think this is their best performance of the song, and the only other performance which comes close that i have ever heard is Rock AM Ring in 2004. The way Chester transitions from the slow extended bridge from 1 Stp Klosr to the SHUT UP WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU is amazing.

2. A Place For My Head - This is the song which began my infatuation with Linkin Park. I always liked them but only what i heard on the radio (eg. the singles). But then a friend put hybrid theory on and i loved it, and a place for my head was my favourite. This was 3 months before MTM came out, and my interest is what it is because of this song, but once i started looking deeper at the qualities i realised this isnt their best song.

3. Given Up - this is the song i connect most with lyrically, and it is my fav song from MTM. The 17 scream is awesome, even though Chaz has only made the scream live a few times that i know of (BBC Radio just before PR07 being the best). It is just a great song and the meaning behind the lyrics mean alot to me and i connect with.

Oh man...

This is very very hard i have to say :D

Well..

No.1:

A Place for My Head

Best song! Brads guitar intro is damn! Chesters singing in that song is awesome!!! In my opinion the best live performance of this song was in London, 28th January 2008.

in the 2008?

the recent performances of APFMH are good, but they are not great

seems like chester has to push himself a lot in the bridge

i loved when they performed this in the 2001 and 2004 ^^