Linkin Park Files Lawsuit Against Insurance Company

LESTAT

The Pulse of Radio reports that LINKIN PARK has filed a lawsuit against the Lloyd's of London insurance company, alleging that the firm refused to compensate the band for a string of six shows it canceled after frontman Chester Bennington hurt his back. According to TMZ.com, the group was forced to pull out of six shows in 2008 after Bennington suffered his injury while assembling a toy for his son. But their request to claim the lost profits from the show through Lloyd's was denied by the insurance giant, which alleged that Bennington's problem was pre-existing before LINKIN PARK took out its policy.

Details of the suit were not available, but LINKIN PARK is said to be suing for millions of dollars.

Bennington has had to pull out of shows in the past due to throat ailments and once because he needed stomach surgery. He admitted to us that drama is often a big part of his life. "For some reason, I feel comfortable being in uncomfortable situation(s)," he said. "I don't like it, I don't like being tormented, so to speak, but for some reason, I'm drawn to — I feel more comfortable as a person being in chaos or being in a crappy situation because I'm used to that. Ever since I was really young, it's always been chaotic and always been crazy, there's always some kind of drama, and so I've just become accustomed to that."

Blabbermouth | TMZ

lol@thecomments on the website

i really do wonder what kind of toy Chester was assembling that made him mess up his back first it was he was in the basement and his back went out and now its a diff story (correct me if im wrong)

I have a magazine where it talks about what happened...

''Tinkertoys, man, those things are dangerous,'' says Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington. It might sound like a joke, but the singer is dead serious. One day in October 2008, he was helping his 6 year old son, Draven, build an airplane out of the construction set when the pair needed a connector stick; as Bennington reached out to grab one, he herniated two discs in his lower back. ''My whole family was downstairs, so they couldn't hear me yelling for help,'' the frontman recalls. ''I managed to get on my knees in extreme pain and crawl down the hallway far enough so they could hear me and call an ambulance. You'd think jumping off a balcony at a gig would probably hurt my back, but no.''

I have a magazine where it talks about what happened...

''Tinkertoys, man, those things are dangerous,'' says Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington. It might sound like a joke, but the singer is dead serious. One day in October 2008, he was helping his 6 year old son, Draven, build an airplane out of the construction set when the pair needed a connector stick; as Bennington reached out to grab one, he herniated two discs in his lower back. ''My whole family was downstairs, so they couldn't hear me yelling for help,'' the frontman recalls. ''I managed to get on my knees in extreme pain and crawl down the hallway far enough so they could hear me and call an ambulance. You'd think jumping off a balcony at a gig would probably hurt my back, but no.''

what is the name of this magazine? could u write it, please?

I don't necessarily agree with Linkin Park on this lawsuit, however, assuming Chester is on the right on this, then he deserves whatever money is coming to him. Not for the fact that the money is "deserved" to him, but the fact that they pay and have insurance for a reason, and it's the companies obligation to pay the insurance. This just seems to me like another way for an insurance company to fuck someone over, but in this case, Linkin Park/Chester.

To be honest the greater outcome looks like it's more for the insurance company, they wouldn't dive into something so deep (as in, not pay out), unless they were sure they were legally in the right. Insurance companies are way too complex in legalities.

oh and the comments on that website are hilarious.

Edited by sizedude

*Copy-pastes from other thread*

Typical insurance company BS. How the hell can they claim that 2 slipped discs in your back was a "pre-existing condition?" Last time I checked, Chester didn't have to walk with a cane or anything like that prior to him messing up his back. :lol:

this may sound fucken stupid and i know it is but i'll ask it anyways

will this lawsuit create a delay for the next album to come out. or nope.

believe it or not every time LP does any sort of event the album is delayed by a week. The whole DtD delayed the album about a week. Mike going on Larry King delayed the album about 2 weeks since it was a 2 day experience. Joe's birthday he probably got wasted so it took a week out there too :P

Im kidding but it would be pretty messed up if it was true :0

I hope they get their money. "Pre-existing condition" is such BS that I can't even...ugh can't even describe it! My family just got screwed over by our insurance company today so I've got a bit of a vendetta against them.

Also I think its riduculous that some people think Chester made up the story. It's very obvious how much he and the rest of the band care about their fans and would never do that to us. Anyone remember OK City 08 when Chester sang with a THROAT problem, or Melboure 07 when he continued the concert after he broke his wrist! Seems really riducoulous people would still think so poorly of Chester after all that.

Edited by Numbrocker