Rob's LPU Chat today

Nameless

i wasnt saying people arent gonna defend but like some people were getting a bit ridiculous. i wasnt bashing the band either. i was just giving my opinion. and trying to stay the middle ground. like i love Linkin Park as much as anyone else and i will defend them....to a point. thats what i was trying to say. like you have to admit some people were making LP seem infallible.

but isnt this supposed to be talking bout rob's chat?

I agree that Brad, Rob and Phoenix are mediocre musicians. I like how their work is simple though, I'm not into big solo's and crazy drum beats and stuff like that. But when people start saying Chester sucks as a vocalist, that pisses me off. He's a fucking phenomenal vocalist. Mike is probably hands down the best musician since 2000, he does everything and everything he does pretty much turns to gold musically. Joe does a lot of stuff that people don't recognize, he is a still a crucial member to the band and a lot of people don't realize that. But yes, this is supposed to be about Rob's chat. I'm done.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt saying people arent gonna defend but like some people were getting a bit ridiculous. i wasnt bashing the band either. i was just giving my opinion. and trying to stay the middle ground. like i love Linkin Park as much as anyone else and i will defend them....to a point. thats what i was trying to say. like you have to admit some people were making LP seem infallible.

but isnt this supposed to be talking bout rob's chat?

I'll admit, some people on fan sites will defend Linkin Park until the grave. I'm not exactly one of those people. I'll admit that the band, like most bands, has flaws. And they aren't the best band of all time. There was a time when I wouldn't listen to anything but Linkin Park. Well, maybe Linkin Park and 5 other bands. My musical tastes have since expanded and I probably listen to over 30 bands now.

What you can't do (which loxias did) is try to make an opinion sound like a fact and then be an arrogant ass hole to those who disagree with you. Loxias was a hypocrite. As you said, he approached this the wrong way. He came across as another condescending metal fan who was trying to make the band sound inferior to other metal bands. And he did this in an illogical manner. And I don't really care if he's in the LPU or how long he's been a "fan". I don't care if he made a Madison remix. Some people might consider someone like him to be a fan of this band but I don't. Not with his extreme ignorance and insults towards the band. He's just another "fan" who is in relapse. He thinks the band sucks and he tried his best to explain why and get people to agree with him. And to be honest, I did agree with some of what he said. I would have agreed even more though if he didn't use the same outdated and inaccurate insults that most metal fans use when insulting Linkin Park.

You can say that there are better bands out there than Linkin Park. And you're probably right. Again, that's an opinion, not a fact. However, it all depends on what someone values in their music. If you value good, fast, and aggressive guitar playing and solos more than good lyric writing and melodic singing, then maybe you're more likely to enjoy some of the bands loxias listed and less likely to enjoy Linkin Park.

Given the current state of modern rock and music as a whole, I just genuinely believe that Linkin Park is ONE of the best bands out there. They are one of the best bands at what they excel in. The strength of their music is in their song writing, catchy songs, and the fact that they have one of the best lyricists (Mike) and singers in the world. As I said before though, they definitely have weaknesses also. Some of these weaknesses are due to how the band is built.

And yes, Chester has been declining as a vocalist a bit. However, he's also had to sing MUCH harder songs during the last three years than on HT and Meteora. What I've Done and New Divide are probably 3x harder to sing than In The End and Somewhere I Belong. I have no idea how the hell this guy has gone on for so long like this with him continuing to smoke and the songs getting harder.

PUT ON YOUR SERIOUS FACE FOLKS, SOMEONE'S COME TO COMPARE LP TO EARLY 90s BANDS AGAIN.

That's nice you think all these bands are much better. Kindly tuck back your mullet and leave.

Edited by neil

what brutal vocals? i dont think theres anyone more brutal then chester.

Chester can be brutal if he wants and whenever he wants. I'd like to see any of those bullshit bands of loxias make a cover of Given up with the 17 sec scream, with so much energy like chester, they cant!.

yes but Chester's vocals arent brutal in general..he sings more than he screams...

i was referring to brutal that some bands he mentioned were using, which is pretty mediocre imo..

no comparison to chester's!