Grammys 2010 - Linkin Park

HybridThe0ry97

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: That does sound like a mess. But seriously, why can't she just be a fat woman instead of fat black woman unless there was more than one fat woman and you need to be more specific. It's like only European-Americans are allowed to be addressed as just people or that person but everybody else has to be identified with the color of their skin as that black, that Asian, or that Mexican. sheesh -_-

give me a break. saying she was black made it easier to describe who was on the stage. you need to relax. black people don't mind be called black. just like white people don't mind be called white. it is perfectly fine for black people to make fun of white people in stand-up comedy or other venues. black people make fun of the way we talk, and everyone laughs. God forbid a white person does an impression of a black person. and let's not forget Queen Latifah's 3rd album "Black reign" could u imagine if a white artist put out an album called "White Reign." Al Sharpton would have had a coronary. there is such a double standard and everyone needs to relax. she was fat, ( for lack of a better word) and she was black. why aren't you concerned that we called her fat? that seems more insensitive than calling her black.

give me a break. saying she was black made it easier to describe who was on the stage. you need to relax. black people don't mind be called black. just like white people don't mind be called white. it is perfectly fine for black people to make fun of white people in stand-up comedy or other venues. black people make fun of the way we talk, and everyone laughs. God forbid a white person does an impression of a black person. and let's not forget Queen Latifah's 3rd album "Black reign" could u imagine if a white artist put out an album called "White Reign." Al Sharpton would have had a coronary. there is such a double standard and everyone needs to relax. she was fat, ( for lack of a better word) and she was black. why aren't you concerned that we called her fat? that seems more insensitive than calling her black.

And another person who misses the point. To you it seems it's one or the other. I don't know how Al Sharpton came into the mix(i don't know who the hell that is anyways) or how you got "it's okay for black people to be racist" out of my post. I don't care much or watch today's black media culture so i don't know half the things you're talking about.

My main problem was if the woman had been white, i bet my life on it that people would more likely say "that fat woman" not "that fat white woman." You can rave all you want and infer whatever you think i'm trying to say but you and i both know that is the truth. White people in this country are the only ones who generally are labeled Americans. It's always that american. But if it were any other ethnicities, it is always going to be "Mexican-american, Asian american e.t.c. Because god forbid they be just Americans. You don't see anyone referring to white people as European Americans.

And since when did Obama becoming president equal no racism? I hope that is a joke.

Edited by arbiter

And since when did Obama becoming president equal no racism? I hope that is a joke.

I hope that your entire rant on how "We" call people of other than European decent label every other race is a joke. You should really stop before you prove just how ignorant you are..

And does anyone here on this forum, from the US or not, honestly not know who Al Sharpton is? I literally laughed at the thought that you dont know who that is and thought they were some sort of person that only stays in "Black Media"...

There is still racism, there will always be racism, but I think that the fact that we have a black president shows that we, as a country, are mostly past the deep seeded hate that goes along with it.

Go back and think about things before you go off on an idiotic rant like that again... All it does is make other people laugh at you...

Edited by Papelbon

Theres a big difference from being enslaved for 200+ years and being slave masters for 200+ years. There is still racism today, so don't give me "Obama is president, which means no racism blah blah". lol hilarious. This country is deeply rooted in slavery and will be for many years to come, so don't give me your b.s how "the country has moved passed it as a whole"

I hope that your entire rant on how "We" call people of other than European decent label every other race is a joke. You should really stop before you prove just how ignorant you are..

And does anyone here on this forum, from the US or not, honestly not know who Al Sharpton is? I literally laughed at the thought that you dont know who that is and thought they were some sort of person that only stays in "Black Media"...

There is still racism, there will always be racism, but I think that the fact that we have a black president shows that we, as a country, are mostly past the deep seeded hate that goes along with it.

Go back and think about things before you go off on an idiotic rant like that again... All it does is make other people laugh at you...

how about you reply to his statement before you generalize it into a rant... oh wait.. you can't.

It is a known fact that everyone else is regarded based on their race despite the "white" people, because they are the only "true" americans.

Edited by FaiNt

Theres a big difference from being enslaved for 200+ years and being slave masters for 200+ years. There is still racism today, so don't give me "Obama is president, which means no racism blah blah". lol hilarious. This country is deeply rooted in slavery and will be for many years to come, so don't give me your b.s how "the country has moved passed it as a whole"

how about you reply to his statement before you generalize it into a rant... oh wait.. you can't.

It is a known fact that everyone else is regarded based on their race despite the "white" people, because they are the only "true" americans.

What in the good fuck are you bringing god damn slavery into this issue. No one alive today that is "black" or "white" Americans can call themselves people of slavery, master or slave. Can't call there parents, or their grandparents, or their great-grandparents either. Slavery was Civil War-era bullshit. Different times, you fucking idiot. Slavery belongs nowhere in a conversation dealing with 2010.

I don't know why this has become an issue, who the fuck gives a fuck if she was called a "fat black woman." Black are a minority in America along with Hispanics, Asians, and every other race that fits in America. White people are the majority. That's not racist; that's just fucking fact.

Anyone who lives in America and doesn't know who Al Sharpton is, but wants to start a bitch rant on something stupid like this on a rock band's fan sites message board, is a god damn dumass. Al Sharpton is one of the most racist fools in the media and there is no doubt that blacks get away with so much more than whites do due to clown's bullshit like this. Was Al Sharpton a slave? Fuck no. Jesus Christ, learn some information.

Edited by Preston

What in the good fuck are you bringing god damn slavery into this issue. No one alive today that is "black" or "white" Americans can call themselves people of slavery, master or slave. Can't call there parents, or their grandparents, or their great-grandparents either. Slavery was Civil War-era bullshit. Different times, you fucking idiot. Slavery belongs nowhere in a conversation dealing with 2010.

I don't know why this has become an issue, who the fuck gives a fuck if she was called a "fat black woman." Black are a minority in America along with Hispanics, Asians, and every other race that fits in America. White people are the majority. That's not racist; that's just fucking fact.

Anyone who lives in America and doesn't know who Al Sharpton is, but wants to start a bitch rant on something stupid like this on a rock band's fan sites message board, is a god damn dumass. Al Sharpton is one of the most racist fools in the media and there is no doubt that blacks get away with so much more than whites do due to clown's bullshit like this. Was Al Sharpton a slave? Fuck no. Jesus Christ, learn some information.

Wow, you really are ignorant hahah I won't waste my time responding too you. Amazing. HAHA!

Anyways! LP's year will be with the new album. can't wait

Edited by FaiNt

Wow, you really are ignorant hahah I won't waste my time responding too you. Amazing. HAHA!

I mean this is my website and I allow freedom of speech to the fullest extent, but I must say that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Agree with Preston 100%.

No god damn shit I would've referred to her as "fat woman" if she was white. And black people would've referred to her as a "fat white woman" if she was white. Just because we say "fat black woman" doesn't mean we are racist; we are just fucking describing her.

I absolutely cannot stand the fact we are in 2010 and people are so fucking sensitive about race. Calm the fuck down. Papelbon, smash and Preston seem to know exactly what the deal is. It's no secret Al Sharpton is racist as hell as well as someone like Kanye West. There is such a double standard in this country it is unbelievable.

We are not slaves, we did not have slaves, our parents didn't/aren't, and neither did our grandparents. Learn the facts before you speak bullshit on the matter again. Noone is being racist because we called her a "fat black woman". That's EXACTLY how I would have described the woman. Why? Because she's different. It's a description. When I tell a story, it is automatically assumed everyone in my story is white unless I differentiate/explain that someone is not white. When I want to say it was a black person, guess what? I fucking say it. And there is no god damn problem with that.

Get the fuck over it. The funniest thing is how someone said Papelbon's post was a rant.

LOL. Hilarious. Never seen such nonsense in my life. If anything, Papelbon has the most structured, organized, and well mannered post of anyone in this thread.

EDIT: For mod's sake/1st amendment sake and the sake of I hate censoring stuff in the first place, I think we need to allow this thread to play out. Hell, there's no LP news right now, we have an interesting discussion going on - why not. Yes there's curse words being thrown around but until someone directly and harshly insults someone else I don't see why we shouldn't allow this discussion to take place. Sorry if I offended anyone in my post but I like debating/arguing/seeing other people's opinions so let's let this continue.

Get the fuck over it. The funniest thing is how someone said Papelbon's post was a rant.

LOL. Hilarious. Never seen such nonsense in my life. If anything, Papelbon has the most structured, organized, and well mannered post of anyone in this thread.

Thank you, sir. I think that FaiNt just gets wet everytime that he sees me argue with someone, probably cause he can't stand that I'm right..

But seriously... No Al Sharpton? Ever heard of Google, Yahoo, fuckin Excite?

And who the hell ever brought slavery into this? Thats such a fucking cop out its not even funny... If I start popping off with some bullshit like "Those fucking n****rs over there" then maybe you can come in with a racism comment, or say that I promote slavery.. But someone said "fat black woman" same as anyone else would say, even the person that originally had a problem with it, it wasn't racist, it was stating fact. How is that biased in any way? Lemme guess you probably think that gay people don't deserve to have the option to get married at all either... 2010 people, not 1964....

Uhh... Isn't that addressing the post? or am I missing something... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Papelbon

Anyways! LP's year will be with the new album. can't wait

Jesus, learn some information sonny boy. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You're the clown that brought slavery into it in the first place. Good god, slavery? 2010? What type of green are you smoking fool?

Let me take for instance something that always bothers me. Why in the world are there things like "BET" or "Historically Black Colleges." Is that not the most subtly racist shit around? If there were ever an instance where there was "White TV" or a college or chain of colleges that were deemed "Historically White" well that TV channel and those colleges would be crucified by the likes of "Civil Rights Activists" like Sharpton and that true pscyhopathe Joe Lowery.

Mark made a great point and should be the only real point dealing with this thread. If he were black and the woman on stage was white, he would have referred to her as "the fat white woman" simply because, as a natural thing, you are going to describe someone that is different from you. There are instances where people will make racist connotations out of it, and that is ridiculous; however, when you are simply describing someone like it was done in this thread, it shouldn't be a deal. It's not racist to god damn simply state a fact like "the fat black woman." Hell, she was fat and she was black so I don't get what the god damn deal is. Last time I checked "black" wasn't a racist term.

Jesus, learn some information sonny boy. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You're the clown that brought slavery into it in the first place. Good god, slavery? 2010? What type of green are you smoking fool?

Let me take for instance something that always bothers me. Why in the world are there things like "BET" or "Historically Black Colleges." Is that not the most subtly racist shit around? If there were ever an instance where there was "White TV" or a college or chain of colleges that were deemed "Historically White" well that TV channel and those colleges would be crucified by the likes of "Civil Rights Activists" like Sharpton and that true pscyhopathe Joe Lowery.

Mark made a great point and should be the only real point dealing with this thread. If he were black and the woman on stage was white, he would have referred to her as "the fat white woman" simply because, as a natural thing, you are going to describe someone that is different from you. There are instances where people will make racist connotations out of it, and that is ridiculous; however, when you are simply describing someone like it was done in this thread, it shouldn't be a deal. It's not racist to god damn simply state a fact like "the fat black woman." Hell, she was fat and she was black so I don't get what the god damn deal is. Last time I checked "black" wasn't a racist term.

Because when were White people ever enslaved? When were white people denied jobs of their skin color? When were whites ever denied of their rights as human beings? When were whites considered like 1/8th of a person (don't know exact one* When was a white boy murdered so bad, that when he was in a coffin that his stinch can be smelled for over two blocks, just for whistling at a white woman. When were white people associated with such a word as nigg*r and monkey among other derogatory names. Don't give me no shit about Al Sharpton about being

racist. There should be a BET and there better god damn well better be a historically black college... since idk... black ppl were banned from having any sort of education, to act as if things are all in the past and how black ppl should not be a tad more respected than they have been for many many many years... then that just goes to show how ignorant YOU are and whoever else agrees with you. Again, if it was a fat white woman.. you would not have said white.. you would have just said fat woman. Fact.

Go educate yourself, as you obviously have no effing clue about racism and how bad it is.

Edited by FaiNt

Because when were White people ever enslaved? When were white people denied jobs of their skin color? When were whites ever denied of their rights as human beings? When were whites considered like 1/8th of a person (don't know exact one* When was a white boy murdered so bad, that when he was in a coffin that his stinch can be smelled for over two blocks, just for whistling at a white woman. When were white people associated with such a word as nigg*r and monkey among other derogatory names. Don't give me no shit about Al Sharpton about being

racist. There should be a BET and there better god damn well better be a historically black college... since idk... black ppl were banned from having any sort of education, to act as if things are all in the past and how black ppl should not be a tad more respected than they have been for many many many years... then that just goes to show how ignorant YOU are and whoever else agrees with you. Again, if it was a fat white woman.. you would not have said white.. you would have just said fat woman. Fact.

Go educate yourself, as you obviously have no effing clue about racism and how bad it is.

No, whites weren't denied because of skin color, but of times you speak of, MANY people were discriminated just for their social class. Even if Barack Obama was say, white in that time era, but he and millions of others couldn't just become ruler of a country because they were born into nobility. They were treated less of a person as any noble or Clergyman. Would you want to be called a peasant constantly by people of higher stature? I think not. Saying that, no one is denying that racism and slavery occurred for the longest time, especially racism, and yeah, people of African and Native American heritage included were treated far more terrible than that, no one is denying that fact though. It's pretty ignorant how you say BET is alright, but if there was a White Entertainment Network, you'd be flipping out. Fact. And the fact that you don't even give a shit that Al Sharpton is a racist fuck just shows your ignorance at it's highest. If a white man were to say that, he'd probably be on every single news channel, from local news to Cnn, for how often this guy speaks crap out of his mouth. No one is saying that racism doesn't occur today, but it's much more softened compared to 40 years ago, let alone 200+ years ago. How saying fat black woman is racist beyond me.. and for me, I'd say fat black woman myself. Fucking damn people these days.

No, whites weren't denied because of skin color, but of times you speak of, MANY people were discriminated just for their social class. Even if Barack Obama was say, white in that time era, but he and millions of others couldn't just become ruler of a country because they were born into nobility. They were treated less of a person as any noble or Clergyman. Would you want to be called a peasant constantly by people of higher stature? I think not. Saying that, no one is denying that racism and slavery occurred for the longest time, especially racism, and yeah, people of African and Native American heritage included were treated far more terrible than that, no one is denying that fact though. It's pretty ignorant how you say BET is alright, but if there was a White Entertainment Network, you'd be flipping out. Fact. And the fact that you don't even give a shit that Al Sharpton is a racist fuck just shows your ignorance at it's highest. If a white man were to say that, he'd probably be on every single news channel, from local news to Cnn, for how often this guy speaks crap out of his mouth. No one is saying that racism doesn't occur today, but it's much more softened compared to 40 years ago, let alone 200+ years ago. How saying fat black woman is racist beyond me.. and for me, I'd say fat black woman myself. Fucking damn people these days.

Damn, right on man. You know what you are talking about.

You have got to be the most incompetent fool on this board.

Were still talking about slavery? How the fuck?

Word as bad as n*gger... Jews=kike, Italians=wop, Irish=mick, Middle-Eastern=towelhead, Mexican=wetback/beaner, Chinese=chink, Vietnamese=gook...

None of them are as "harsh" as the first, but I'm pretty sure that you were to go up to someone thats Jewish and call them a dumb k*ke, you'd get punched in the throat.

How the hell does the gruesome way that someone was killed effect how they smell after they die? Last I checked, it doesnt matter if you were hacked into pieces or had a heart attack, after a few days youre gonna smell like no other. So, yes the reason that someone was killed is fucked up, but the fact that they smelled has nothing to do with it other than they werent preserved correctly...

BET, hmmm.... I personally have no problem with the network, as its not like they are bashing white people at all, or its an outlet for the Black Panthers or something like that. Its an entertainment network just like NBC, ESPN, Discovery, etc. But you can't argue if someone came out with WET, shit would go buckwild, even if it was a country music channel, or hard rock channel... Shit would be rediculous...

Al Sharpton..... Holy shit..... if you honestly think that he isn't racist, than you sir, are the most helpless, ignorant person that I have ever had the displeasure of disagreeding with... I really can't, nor do I want to, wrap my head around the enormity of the close-mindedness that you show with that littel thought....

So, basically all it comes down to, is slavery ended 200 years ago, Projekt stated a fact that the lady was black, and that she was fat... There was no problem with them saying that, as it was the truth. But ask yourself this, would you have opened your mouth had they said, "that fat asian chick" (oxymoron, i know...lol) or had said "fat mexican chick" or anything else? More than likely, not. So next time you go and decide to bash someone for describing a person, not in a deragatory way at all, try and hold back, wait 30 seconds so that you're attention span will fall onto something else and move on... It doesn't matter......

Edited by Papelbon

The Holocaust maybe? You know, that period in the last century when 6 MILLION WHITE PEOPLE were denied all of their rights, and subsequently murdered in the concentration camps of Germany and Poland?

I love how people get all riled up over things like this, but they only really look at a small part of a much bigger picture. Slavery, being looked down upon because of your social class, being treated as a lesser person, if a person at all, has been going on since the beginning of mankind. If you really want to get into it, its still going on today. People in the middle east sell their children to richer people who then use them as slaves, and at times they are brought to our country, where they are forced into caring for the families that bought them. There was a story out of Los Angeles in the last year, about a girl that was one of these slaves, until a neighbor became curious enough to question why she never left the house to go to school. Why don't we focus on solving that issue instead of focusing on something that happened almost 200 damn years ago?