Chester & Drugs

hahninator

http://lptimes.com/article/Blender_0302.html

Bennington’s attempts to set up his Pro Tools unit are hampered by the fact that he ignores the manual and has just sucked down a fat doobie. “If I don’t have pot on the road, I will f*cking kill somebody,” he explains.

Linkin Park’s only recreational drug user, Bennington’s need for weed is mild compared to the narcotic meltdown of his youth. “I was on, like, 11 hits of acid a day. I dropped so much acid I’m surprised I can still speak! I’d smoke a bunch of crack, do a bit of meth and just sit there and freak out. Then I’d smoke opium to come down.” His arrest for marijuana possession when he was 18 wasn’t the only sign that he needed to get a grip. “I weighed 110 pounds,” he says. “My mom said I looked like I stepped out of Auschwitz. So I used pot to get off drugs. Every time I’d get a craving, I’d smoke my pot.”

------------

“I was an athletic kid, but I just stopped caring about it and I stopped doing well in school. I started smoking weed and going to parties. I think I was 11 when I started smoking pot.” Chester Bennington

A product of a broken home, Chester, nicknamed Chaz, became involved with cocaine and methamphetamine as a teenager, but later emerged as a drug use critic after being able to overcome his addictions.

http://www.superiorpics.com/chester_bennington/

Thoughts? Chester was on pot from 2001 until 2007 at the latest. Alcohol and drugs seem to be very rampant in his life.

he's the wild one in the band, good thing hes over it. There is nothing more annoying to fans than a drunk/wasted vocalist trying trying to do a live show.

his inconsistent voice seems to be the product of too much acid.

drugs/smoking/alcohol seems all cool when you start but the repercussions of abuse out weighs the 'thrill' by a long shot.

Edited by GraDoN

So does alcohol and cigarettes...

And there is no physical depencency like there is with cocaine or morphine or heroin... If you can't stop smoking weed, its totally in your head...

The reason alcohol and cigarettes are legal is because they're more popular and huge money makers lol

What is the point of this thread exactly? To discuss that Chester used to drugs? I don't see much of a point to it, but I'll give my opinion on it I guess since that's what I think may be the purpose of this thread? To me, if somebody uses drugs/alcohol, it's up to them. Who am I to tell them it's wrong?

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a hunch that the drugs gave him that grungy sound he had in the HT days!!! :lol:

I think it might be the opposite. The drugs were probably what wore his voice down, along with age and use.

And as for everyone debating whether or not pot is bad for you, inhaling any type of smoke from a burning substance is never good for you.

• 2 weeks later...

So basically, as a teen, Chester was addicted to drugs, then quit, then started again, then quit again, and then in 2005 started using drugs and drinking? Then he quit finally in 2006 and hasn't since? It's all so confusing.