LPU 9 Updates

hahninator

I know I keep hyping it, but I think LPU 9 is going to be the best LPU year yet. The CD is going to be absolutely killer. For those of you who haven't seen the tracklisting, check out Mike's post about it here.

Things I'd like to bring up about the package:

- This is the first time we're getting a vinyl from the LPU - the premiere pack is back!

- 9 tracks is the 2nd most of any LPU CD we've had before (LPU 7 with 10 live tracks comes in first)

- A totally new completed song for an album (b-side of MTM) that we've never heard before (first time since LPU 4)

With a release date in early December, which I would guess would be within the first five days of the month, I would expect more information on the package to be released very soon by the LPU. That is, after all, only two weeks away! I'm pretty psyched for what the shirt will look like and what else the package will have. And will they have the Best Buy package available again? After seeing that HMV Japan is able to sell the CD, I would imagine so; Black Friday is the biggest sales day of the year, so could we possibly get the CD next Friday?

Excited much?

Announcement Service Public was on LPU 6. ;)

Meh I was getting at the whole "song made, mastered and completed for album consideration" instead of "seed taken from a big jumble and given to the LPU" kinda thing, lol.

fail mark -.-

so how much will the complete package be incl shipping for international?

Last joined in 06 so guess prices will be higher.

....fail? What?

Prices will not be higher than the highest $ package now I don't think.

Meh I was getting at the whole "song made, mastered and completed for album consideration" instead of "seed taken from a big jumble and given to the LPU" kinda thing, lol.

I would assume ASP was considered for the album at some point, QWERTY was.

What on LPU4 would fit that description anyway though? Sold My Soul was a random instrumental that they recorded during the Collision Course recording sessions (I'm assuming), and Standing in the Middle isn't really even an LP song.

GraDoN - LPU package prices really haven't increased at all over the years, the regular membership has always been $25 and I believe the international one has always been $32. The past couple years they've added an additional $5 shipping charge to the package though, so it comes to a total of $30 or $37. I really doubt that'll change, they've changed a lot of things about the LPU over the years, but they've always kept the price the same.

What is it that you get from an LPU membership which makes it 'cheap'?

The LPU is pretty much the only fanclub for a big-name band that I'm aware of right now that does a fanclub-exclusive CD every year. The price is comparable to other fanclubs, but none of them offer a CD. With most of them, you'll get a t-shirt, website access, and maybe a sticker/pin/membership card.

I'm prolly gonna order mine through the LPU this time, I want the DC shirt as opposed to the "not-DC" shirt that you get from Best Buy..

On another note, is anyone gonna buy anything good on black friday?

I don't understand why the tiny DC logo on the sleeve is such a big deal to people lol people don't even notice it. I wear my LPU shirts a lot and it took my sister a couple of years (literally) to realize there was a DC logo on it.

I don't understand why the tiny DC logo on the sleeve is such a big deal to people lol people don't even notice it. I wear my LPU shirts a lot and it took my sister a couple of years (literally) to realize there was a DC logo on it.

Some people just like showing off name brand clothing! Others just like the way it fits, i guess.

It's also nice to have a shirt that hasn't been vacuum-packed into a little cube so it can fit into the tiny box the Best Buy package comes in. It took me at least half a dozen washes to get the wrinkles out of my LPU 8 shirt enough for it to be wearable.

It's also nice to have a shirt that hasn't been vacuum-packed into a little cube so it can fit into the tiny box the Best Buy package comes in. It took me at least half a dozen washes to get the wrinkles out of my LPU 8 shirt enough for it to be wearable.

This...

I hope they fix the site and forum bugs ^^ a new layout with easier navigation would be cool. Mike said they'll improve it so I look forward to that...

And this...

Edited by Papelbon

The LPU is pretty much the only fanclub for a big-name band that I'm aware of right now that does a fanclub-exclusive CD every year. The price is comparable to other fanclubs, but none of them offer a CD. With most of them, you'll get a t-shirt, website access, and maybe a sticker/pin/membership card.

Warehouse from Dave Matthews is the only other one. They get live tracks and shit though I believe, nothing to the extent of us.

I hope they fix the site and forum bugs ^^ a new layout with easier navigation would be cool. Mike said they'll improve it so I look forward to that...

you can count on it.

Edited by Adam