Misc DBS stuff

LESTAT

The Roxy videos (Thanks to MrInfluXion):

----------------------------

Photos (Thanks to immortalsoul):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoshotya/set...57622499970165/

In case you missed it, here's the DBS' BBC performance: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OPT9TFJ (Thanks to Maza_G)

01 - Chester (Explaining Band) - Crawl Back In

02 - Chester (Explaining Song) - Fire

02 - Chester (Explaining Song) - Inside Of Me

Tracks on their own without the talking http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K2J516MQ

Also, be sure to read the new interview with Chester on revolvermag.com

Excerpts:

In our interview you talk about partying hard. What do you mean by that?

It could have meant going to a strip club and having a few drinks. It could have meant staying at home and watching the waves break and drinking Jack and Cokes all day. Or it could have turned into a four- or five-day drug-and-alcohol binge, pushing yourself to the limits of your mind. I think the one common denominator in all that stuff is no matter what I was doing, there was always alcohol…and there was a lot of it. I would sit there with my guitar all day and write songs and get drunk. And when you’re drunk, if somebody said, “Hey let’s go do this particular drug, or that particular drug, or a combination of all of them,” you’re like, “OK.”

And in the middle of this you had to go play Live 8? What was that like?

Live 8 felt like this thing that was way bigger than me. It was important and getting a message out. But at the same time my brain was firing all kinds of electrical signals into the wrong places. Another thing I had to do because it was important and bigger than me [was a Music for Relief show]… I had no idea what my money situation was like. I was living in this little apartment. And it was like, “Hey, we need you to go to Thailand to go for Music For Relief to talk about all the stuff that’s going on over there with the tsunamis.” You guys can’t think of a-fuckin’-nother person that might be better suited for this right now? I don’t have any fucking clothes! All my stuff’s at my ex-wife’s house! She’s not letting me in! You want me to go? I don’t have a couch! … Life doesn’t fucking stop going because you decided you’re having a bad day—or a bad year.

So crazy to know Chester was in such a shithole after all that success. Meteora was really popular...PR04 was successful...we thought the band was living in their big houses enjoying life, etc...never knew Chester was in such a fucked up situation. Wow.

Yes, that was indeed shocking to read!!

This is an example of the damage being done, you stand next to Chester, you're going down!

And people wonder why LP went downhill or what spawned the Dead 'music to kill yourself to' Sunrise album.

I vote for kicking him out of LP and hiring a new vocalist for the next album.

Read this earlier, despite this article going in detail about daily stuff none of that is ' news ' , we knew he was broke and drinking heavily ( normal stuff for me ;) )

Also, I've cut out the talking if anyone wants some MP3's of the BBC session songs, and I've made a few MP3's of the hamburg show from a few weeks back.

Random note, if anyone hasnt heard Morning After from the hamburg show go listen to it now. THAT'S how i want a studio Morning After, its fucking bouncing

Read this earlier, despite this article going in detail about daily stuff none of that is ' news ' , we knew he was broke and drinking heavily ( normal stuff for me ;) )

Also, I've cut out the talking if anyone wants some MP3's of the BBC session songs, and I've made a few MP3's of the hamburg show from a few weeks back.

Random note, if anyone hasnt heard Morning After from the hamburg show go listen to it now. THAT'S how i want a studio Morning After, its fucking bouncing

yes please i want the talking cut out :)

I don't like LP because its not good enough for me.

Chester's vocals is the only good thing about this band. I don't hate other members, I just think they are mediocre musicians.

Chester has good vocals but my point was that in my opinion labeling Mike as a mediocre musician is surprising seeing how much he does in terms of producing the albums as well as creating a lot of the music himself. LP is very mediocre, there's not much to their music, but I think labeling Mike as person as mediocre is interesting.

I don't like LP because its not good enough for me.

Chester's vocals is the only good thing about this band. I don't hate other members, I just think they are mediocre musicians.

That's the dumbest reason to follow a band. Not to mention joining a fan site. <_<

If that is all you were interested in, then why are you on here? And i hardly see how you can separate the music from Chester. He is 1/6th of its creator and not just vocally.

Not to mention, it's very rude to come on a fan site and bash the band the site is dedicated to.

Chester has good vocals but my point was that in my opinion labeling Mike as a mediocre musician is surprising seeing how much he does in terms of producing the albums as well as creating a lot of the music himself. LP is very mediocre, there's not much to their music, but I think labeling Mike as person as mediocre is interesting.

I call that bullshit. Purely subjective. People think The Beatles or Metallica are gods but i find them quite boring and plain. Purely subjective. If it weren't so, then i should find them just as inspiring as everyone else.

Edited by LPxDC
Doublefuckingpost merged

That's the dumbest reason to follow a band. Not to mention joining a fan site. <_>

If that is all you were interested in, then why are you on here? And i hardly see how you can separate the music from Chester. He is 1/6th of its creator and not just vocally.

*rolls eyes*

I knew him saying that would prompt this kind of comment.

He never said he was "following" the band. However, who are you to say what the "proper" way is to follow a band? I follow Creed because I like Mark Tremonti's guitar playing. Is that bad?

Why is he on here? LESTAT runs the Julien-K and Chester portion of the site. You don't have to be a diehard LP fan to work for LPLive. I take GREAT pride in my staff knowing how diverse we are and how, with that in mind, we can all still work together very well. If there's one thing I like about LPLive, is I think hands down the group of people I work with is an incredibly talented, awesome group of people. Everyone brings something different to the table and it really shows in my opinion.

If someone hates LP but loves DBS and wants to do the DBS section, then they are more than welcome. I never set any criteria for the members in terms of you HAVE to like LP to come here. LPLive has just SOB fans, LPLive has just Julien-K fans, LPLive has just LP fans, LPLive has fans of all LP-related projects and not LP, LPLive has all sorts of people that like different bands we include on the site. Just because it is labeled LPLive doesn't mean you have to love LP. I know people hate us posting other band's stuff like Julien-K, but seriously, they can get over that.

LESTAT likes Julien-K, and he loves Chester, but not necessarily LP. I love having him work on the site; he's one of the hardest working staff members we have, but according to you he doesn't belong here since he doesn't like LP?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm not trying to come off as mean or insult you in any way, just so you know. A lot of people have complained about this before and I felt I finally needed to say something on the matter.