DBS Backing Track?

hahninator

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with everything that Astat and NoSunToday said... It might not be the best thing to do an instrumental playback... buuut.... that's how the music business works, and they would have been stupid to reject the show offer just because they can only do playback! And I think it's a great thing that they sang live at least ;)

Edited by immortalsoul

I think the for the host the main attraction was the Stockcar Crashchallenge and not the music acts. So the host of the show didn't care about the music and to prepare a live performance takes much more time (soundcheck,...) than play playback. And to ckeck only the vocals didn't takes much time...

I think the for the host the main attraction was the Stockcar Crashchallenge and not the music acts. So the host of the show didn't care about the music and to prepare a live performance takes much more time (soundcheck,...) than play playback. And to ckeck only the vocals didn't takes much time...

Maybe that and the fact that they would've sounded too different (too live) compared to other acts who used full playback.

The latter would have been the more respectful thing to do IMO.

It also would have been the single most stupid decision any LP-related act has ever made. Canceling a performance for 45,000 fans in the arena and 5 million television viewers (most likely the single biggest promotion DBS has recieved so far) at the last minute because you can't play your instruments live?

Any publicity is good publicity.

It also would have been the single most stupid decision any LP-related act has ever made. Canceling a performance for 45,000 fans in the arena and 5 million television viewers (most likely the single biggest promotion DBS has recieved so far) at the last minute because you can't play your instruments live?

Any publicity is good publicity.

It's sad that the single biggest promotion they received so far is that of them backtracking. And no it wouldn't be "the single most stupid decision any LP-related act has ever made". If they cancelled then released a statement with their reasoning, they would've been looked at as heroes. They could've even pulled an Oasis and just completely fucked around with it. Let's hope Kimmel and Letterman make up for it, especially Letterman with that whole extortion attempt and whatnot.

Edited by Aiman

If they cancelled then released a statement with their reasoning, they would've been looked at as heroes.

Nope, they would not be seen as heroes... Okay, maybe by rock-music fans or real LP,DBS, JK (etc) fans. Other people don't care whether there is a playback or not. Other people even don't care if the pop-band they would die for only does playback performances. They only want good music, music where everything is in tune; and most music acts can only achieve this with performing with a playback.

Otherwise there wouldn't be so many acts in the mainstream charts....That's what I see everyday...Too many people would never be able to distinguish between a live and a playback performance!

I, and I guess mostly all of us, would have preferred a live version of the song, and most of us (including myself!) would have been grateful if they didn't go on stage to perform with a backing track or messed the show up like the Muse did. But that's not how the music industry works...unfortunately...

Edited by NoSunToday

@FCastro - it could have been a venue choice or maybe the bands choice but they may have wanted the music to sound at its best

or even avoid some extension of the music due the time... now lots of bands are doing this, am I right?

(don't throw any stone on me) :D

Nope, they would not be seen as heroes... Okay, maybe by rock-music fans or real LP,DBS, JK (etc) fans. Other people don't care whether there is a playback or not. Other people even don't care if the pop-band they would die for only does playback performances. They only want good music, music where everything is in tune; and most music acts can only achieve this with performing with a playback.

Otherwise there wouldn't be so many acts in the mainstream charts....That's what I see everyday...Too many people would never be able to distinguish between a live and a playback performance!

I, and I guess mostly all of us, would have preferred a live version of the song, and most of us (including myself!) would have been grateful if they didn't go on stage to perform with a backing track or messed the show up like the Muse did. But that's not how the music industry works...unfortunately...

I do agree that most people who have never heard the song before wouldn't've (hey a double contraction!) noticed it was the studio recording. However I do think they would've definitely noticed if Chester lip-synced because there are so many vocal effects in that song, especially during the screams and of course the overlapping vocals at the end.

If DBS played with playback (instruments) what is the problem?? Dbs is the guitar? the bass? the drums?? NO!! DBS is chester, the voice of Chester. anyone can play guitar, drums, bass, etc and play Crawl Back In, but Who can sing like Chester?? who??? Nobody!!!! So, the principal thing is the chester's voice, so stop this, is very ridiculous. By the way, if they used playback (instruments) maybe it was by the time, cause the change of guitars, and the musical adjustments take a lot of time for that another band up to the scene. Edited by GloriousExcess

If DBS played with playback (instruments) what is the problem?? Dbs is the guitar? the bass? the drums?? NO!! DBS is chester, the voice of Chester. anyone can play guitar, drums, bass, etc and play Crawl Back In, but Who can sing like Chester?? who??? Nobody!!!! So, the principal thing is the chester's voice, so stop this, is very ridiculous. By the way, if they used playback (instruments) maybe it was by the time, cause the change of guitars, and the musical adjustments take a lot of time for that another band up to the scene.

Good point. Chester is the main attraction of DBS. Goes to show that Chester if for real! Anyone could have done what the others did, but not Chester's vocals.

I agree with you, dude! I think it would have been a pretty stupid move to cancel such an important performance just because it is semi-playback!

But if they had pulled a Muse, I guess I would have laughed my fucking ass off! Imagine Ryan behind the drums, Amir playing the bass, Elias on keyboard and Brandon and Fu with a guitar! :lol: