Condemned

[High_Voltage]

I think the thing that stands out the most to me about this song is the style of screaming Chester uses on it. This is really the first time he's gone into a more high-pitched shrieking...almost "screamo" kind of voice on one of his screaming parts. I don't know if that was intentional, or a product of how his voice has changed in recent years, or what, but it's definitely something I haven't heard from him before.

I think the thing that stands out the most to me about this song is the style of screaming Chester uses on it. This is really the first time he's gone into a more high-pitched shrieking...almost "screamo" kind of voice on one of his screaming parts. I don't know if that was intentional, or a product of how his voice has changed in recent years, or what, but it's definitely something I haven't heard from him before.

I'm guessing intentional, but that's of course, speculation.

Actually, this song is probably my least favorite on the album... But that's an early call, we'll see how I feel next week when the album has a chance to sink in better.

Song kind of gives me an Alice In Chains vibe as I stated in my review in the review thread.

Other than that, upon recent listening, after the opening guitar riff, I can't help but want to replace the first verse with "God dammit, I'm not gonna do no laundry!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I think that too. Chester's new vocal. It suited him so perfect I thought Chester is insane in his mind making such a crazy song. How he sang is almost NOTHING compared to Linkin Park or any other songs he had sang before. One Step Closer screams probably blends nice with the final screams. Easier to Run is probably close to his vocal tracks.