CD Reviews

hahninator

I may be just tired, cause I am, but this album doesnt do much for me right now. I dont know how to describe it, Ii think I had to much of a high hope for this album and it just diddnt satisfy me. Dont get me wrong its not a bad album I just see it as average. I'll definately give it some more spins when I wake up. :P

Ok.... here's my review

Fire - Good opener. Good strong vocals. Sounds a little bit too robotic on the choruses, would have like to see some changed in vocal range. All in all it's a good song.

8.5/10

Crawl Back In - Great intro, awesome guitars, good beat. It was originally my favorite song on the album, but now hat I've heard the entire album, it's not nearly as good.

7/10

Too Late - TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Nice melodies. I'm in love with Chester's vocals on this song.

9.5/10

Inside of Me - Falls short, because, well, it's too short. Maybe a little bit longer verses. Choruses are great, don't like the line "What the hell is wrong with me/this isn't who I'm supposed to be". Drumming on this song is great.

7/10

Let Down - Amir's guitar, Elias' drums, Brandon's Bass, and Chester's vocals all collide on this song. It all fits together really well in my opinion. No complaints.

10/10

Give Me Your Name - Too slow, don't like it all very much. I don't know what it is. The only positive is that it is very unique, but I think Chester could have written a better song for his wife.

5/10

My Suffering - Nice opening riff. Nice choruses. Verses sound like poetry. The only thing I don't like is that a lot of the vocals are layered. If they hadn't done this, I think the song would be perfect. 2008 version was far better.

8/10

Condemned - Very Heavy, the heaviest on the album. A lot of good screams. GREAT guitar solo. No negatives.

10/10

Into You - I think the working title for this song was "N2U", and I think that would have been cool to keep. ANYWAYS. Song has great melodies. Very catchy.

9/10

End of the World - When did Chester get all political? :lol: I really enjoyed this track. I love how he badmouthed the government, and talked about the crisis we're in right now. I think a lot of people can relate to this track. Hopefully the world doesn't end any time soon so everyone can enjoy this track.

9.5/10

Walking In Circles - The jewel of the album IMO. I fell in love with instantly when I heard the club tattoo recording. Unlike "My Suffering", they didn't change this one too much. Just added some layered vocals, which I think compliment the song very nicely. THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM.

10/10

In the Darkness - And of course Chester had to right a song about sex. Writing is very beautiful. Nice acoustic guitars. THE SONG IS FIVE MINUTES? Doesn't feel like it. Flies by nice and smooth.

9/10

Morning After - Personally, I was expecting a more "raw" version. Sounds very similar to the Julien-K remix. I would have enjoyed it more if they had eliminated all keyboards/effects, but oh-well.

7.5/10

OVER ALL - 8.5

please send link if you cant send albam at least morning after

I'm listening to most of the songs right now. They still need to sink in some more. I think the album is a bit over produced. My faves so far:

Crawl Back In

Too Late

Let Down

Into You

Walking In Circles

Edit: I think DBS is better than FM. At least all of the music on OOA is written by the band itself. *CoughBelivemeandwheredyougoCough*

It's called sampling you uninformed poster. Anything on garage band is fair game, a lot of rap groups sample other beats and such. He took the garage band loop and built upon that, besides Believe Me, everything was made from scratch by Mike. Over 20 songs including some on the mixtape. That was such an ignorant comment by you. I'm not even sure why you mentioned Where'd you go?

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Fire- It's a solid song besides the vocal echoing and bad mixing. 6/10

Crawl Back in- Too repetitive and displays really basic lyrics. 4.5/10

Too Late- The chorus is just not as good as it could of been. The guitar solo is weak and again the echoing on the chorus is overdone. 5/10

Inside of Me- A good song that is hindered again by the weird vocal techniques they add to the song during the verses. 7.5/10

Let Down- Wow, did they completely mess this song up. I blame Julien k and the producer once again for messing up a pretty classic song, circa 2005. 5/10

Give Me Your Name- Uh? I don't understand why this song is on the album. It's just completely weird and lame in my opinion. 0/10

My Suffering- Once again a classic song( 2008 ct) was ruined by the toned down verses and the screaming being buried into the background. So frustrating to me because this used to be one of my favorite songs ever. I'd give the final product a 7/10.

Condemned- It sounds like an early 90's rock song but I just don't like the overall sound here very much; screaming or not it just isn't up to his potential once again. 4/10

Into You- Best song on the album by far in my opinion. Chester actually is showing his vocal strengths in this song and sounds like he's actually trying. Thus far I was not sure he would show up. 9/10

End of the World- It kind of sounds like a Nickelback song which is not to my liking at all. I think this is one of the weaker songs on the album, again the politics subject was already beat to death on MTM. Oh and the keyboard on this song would drive anyone to drink. 1/10

Walking in Circles- A very well done song, I wish the ending was different though because it starts to become a little repetitive towards the end. 8/10

In the Darkness- The intro alone starts this song off with a minus 5 point deduction because once again what is the producer thinking? It just drags on and drags on. 3/10

I'm not reviewing Morning After because it's very similar to the remix version that came out years ago.

Overall 60/120= 5.0/10

Wasted potential galore here. I think Julien-k and Howard Benson completely ruined this solo effort; no doubt Chester should have just released a solo album by himself. Fort Minor completely destroys this project.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Fire - 7/10

Crawl Back In - 4/10

Too Late - 9/10

Inside Of Me - 5/10

Let Down - 8/10

Give Me Your Name - 10/10

My Suffering - 6/10

Condemned - 8/10

Into You - 9/10

End Of The World - 7/10

Walking In Circles - 10/10

In The Darkness - 10/10

The Morning After - 7/10

I think the album is great. I love how three Chester's bands sound so different. "Out Of Ashes" and "Wake Me" are the best albums in Chester's discography so far. And of course it is better than Mike's Fort Minor.

Fire - 8/10

Crawl Back In - 2/10

Too Late - 9/10

Inside Of Me - 1/10 :huh:

Let Down - 9/10

Give Me Your Name - 10/10

My Suffering - 5/10

Condemned - 5/10

Into You - 11/10

End Of The World - 9/10

Walking In Circles - 10/10

In The Darkness - 10/10

The Morning After - 8/10

The album is great! I love Chester's voice! Great Album! Bravo Chester!

Fire - 8/10

Crawl Back In - 7.5/10

Too Late - 9.5/10

Inside of Me - 6/10

Let Down - 9/10

Give Me Your Name - 8/10

My Suffering - 7.5/10

Condemned - 6/10

Into You - 10/10

End of the World - 8/10

Walking in Circles - 10/10

In the Darkness - 8.5/10

Morning After - 5/10

Really good album. I find myself listening to the softer songs more than the heavier ones, and can't say I expected that. Chester did a good job - some songs are overproduced but all in all, it works really well.

Edited by Spin

Condemned is everything I could have ever wanted from Chester, whether it be LP or DBS. I always wanted an extremely dark song, LP never would have lyrics this dark, and it's also really heavy which is fucking awesome. I love how Chester can go from the vocal style in Condemned and then the vocal style in like Give Me Your Name. Not much singers can do that.

After listening to the album two times now i have made up my opinion about the album. A good thing to know about

Fire 4/10 - A really bad melody, bad lyrics, a really repetitive song. Only thing not making this song not a complete let down is Chesters singing.

Crawl Back In 7/10 - Here is something good! The guitars really good, Chester sounds great again, feels abit to over produced at some parts and again - lyrics for god sake!

Too Late 9/10 - One of the best songs from the album, the guitar, synth, vocals - they are all blending perfect ! What an amazing melody!

Inside of Me 6/10 - To short, really! Lyrics are so freaking "all is shit and i suck" - to much of that already (and more is coming!) but overall ok.

Let Down - 10/10 - The greatness of album. The only thing thats annoying me is the drum beat in the beginning of the song. I was a bit skeptic to the synth first time i listened but it grew on me the second time. One of my favorite songs all time!

Give Me your Name 3/10 - Can't stand the singing.

My suffering 7/10 - The screaming all around the songs really fits perfect, love it all!

Condemned 1/10 - Hate it or love it i guess.

Into You - 8/10 - Going from pretty slow song to a little faster and and low to high and they handle it really good!

End of the World - 6/10 - Not a fan really , the song sound so......non raw

Walking in Circles 4/10 - Not a big fan and others seems to be about this song at all.

In the Darkness - EPIC - 8/10

Morning After - ok bonus 5/10

Overall : 6.5 - Could we please get back to Linkin Park now Chester, with Shinoda on the lyrical part, please ?

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this album. My little review.

Fire- 8/10 This song works well as an opener and I really liked it.

Crawl Back In- 7/10 It's ok. Chester's vocals make me like it, but some of the lyrics are weak.

Too Late- 8/10 I love Chester's soft vocals. Sounds beautiful to me. Didn't amaze me though.

Inside of Me- 7.5/10 I don't know what it is, but I really like this song, but it's too short.

Let Down- 8/10 This is only because of the 2005 version which was a million times better. I can't ignore how good this song could've been.

Give Me Your Name- 10/10 Simply Beautiful.

My Suffering- 7/10 I like it, but it's not a favorite. I liked the Club Tattoo version more. The choice of singles was weird after hearing the rest of this album.

Condemned- 6.5/10 I don't hate it like it seems the majority do. Chester's scream is great to hear. The lyrics were a little dark for me though.

Into You- 10/10 I loved it. That's it.

End Of The World- 8/10 I like what Chester was trying to do, but I wish it was more...powerful I guess is the world.

Walking In Circles 10/10 Pure Epicness.

In The Darkness 10/10 The end of the album really did it for me. This one was so sexy. I just loved it.

8/10. This really could've been epic had Chester just done it himself. Hearing the acoustic of Morning After and Let Down, shows what Chester could've done. Overall I loved the album more than Fort Minor. Though that's more of a personal perference than better musically ability. Really the whole argument is silly to me. Chester and Mike did their own things, but what's important is that they're amazing together in LP.