DBS @ Jimmy Kimmel & Letterman shows / Rockline

LESTAT

Posted by Amir on his Twitter:

DBS on Letterman and Kimmel in Oct.

Also, don't miss Dead By Sunrise interview on Rockline tonight.

From rocklineradio.com:

There’s little doubt this new bands name has an inherent sense of foreboding, an implied feeling of imminent finality, of danger and demons, of darkness and difficulty. Dead By Sunrise sounds about as upbeat as job layoffs, as electrifying as foreclosure notification, as lighthearted as a decade of last place finishes, as heartening as a doctor’s disastrous diagnosis. And yet, there’s hope, a window of opportunity to avoid the inevitable, to intervene and halt the grim reaper in his tracks before the crack of gone. We have until the sun rises to make some changes, to go to the bonus features and select an alternate ending. This sense we can intercede, this possibility of reconciliation is borne out by the debut album’s title, “Out of Ashes”. Chester Bennngton (of Linkin Park fame) didn’t randomly choose these names to represent his new band and album, he chose them because they’re closest to an honest and accurate portrayal of what he had been living, a failing marriage bereft of romantic redemption, raging and frightening addiction to alcohol and drugs and confusion of identity and self. However, talented songwriters have a tool in their box which many others do not. Frequently catharsis follows honesty, liberation follows clarity and hope follows all who believe. Bennington collected his talents and went to work, channeling pain and suffering into recognition and reclamation. He’s remarried, clean and sober and ready for most any challenge. Creating this album may have been the biggest one of all and the most beneficial, rewarding venture he could have undertaken.

Because of his unflagging commitment to Linkin Park, “Out Of Ashes” took over four years to complete due to its off and on nature. Working with longtime friends

brought many benefits, including the luxury of time. Two of Chester’s bandmates, Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh were members of Orgy, a band which made several visits to our show impressing us with their musical virtuosity and grasp of new technology. Learn more about the members at their MySpace and CBennington.com Wisely, they enlisted the aid of Howard Benson who not only has technical expertise, but also the ability to inject some continuity and momentum into a project which already had a shelf life of almost a half-decade. Bennington understands subtlety and nuance and can convey things like the difference between pain and suffering without sinking into self indulgence. An album of “woe is me” would have lasted one listening, this album will resonate with many as it deals with a universal verity…life is difficult and frequently hurts so much you wish you’d be dead by sunrise. But each dawn brings another chance to get it right. In a sense, we get a do-over every day.

Join us for Dead By Sunrise exclusively on our next ROCKLINE as we give you an advance preview of their debut effort aptly named “Out Of Ashes”, perfect for a singer-songwriter who hails from Phoenix.

From rocklineradio.com:

There’s little doubt this new bands name has an inherent sense of foreboding, an implied feeling of imminent finality, of danger and demons, of darkness and difficulty. Dead By Sunrise sounds about as upbeat as job layoffs, as electrifying as foreclosure notification, as lighthearted as a decade of last place finishes, as heartening as a doctor’s disastrous diagnosis. And yet, there’s hope, a window of opportunity to avoid the inevitable, to intervene and halt the grim reaper in his tracks before the crack of gone. We have until the sun rises to make some changes, to go to the bonus features and select an alternate ending. This sense we can intercede, this possibility of reconciliation is borne out by the debut album’s title, “Out of Ashes”. Chester Bennngton (of Linkin Park fame) didn’t randomly choose these names to represent his new band and album, he chose them because they’re closest to an honest and accurate portrayal of what he had been living, a failing marriage bereft of romantic redemption, raging and frightening addiction to alcohol and drugs and confusion of identity and self. However, talented songwriters have a tool in their box which many others do not. Frequently catharsis follows honesty, liberation follows clarity and hope follows all who believe. Bennington collected his talents and went to work, channeling pain and suffering into recognition and reclamation. He’s remarried, clean and sober and ready for most any challenge. Creating this album may have been the biggest one of all and the most beneficial, rewarding venture he could have undertaken.

Because of his unflagging commitment to Linkin Park, “Out Of Ashes” took over four years to complete due to its off and on nature. Working with longtime friends

brought many benefits, including the luxury of time. Two of Chester’s bandmates, Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh were members of Orgy, a band which made several visits to our show impressing us with their musical virtuosity and grasp of new technology. Learn more about the members at their MySpace and CBennington.com Wisely, they enlisted the aid of Howard Benson who not only has technical expertise, but also the ability to inject some continuity and momentum into a project which already had a shelf life of almost a half-decade. Bennington understands subtlety and nuance and can convey things like the difference between pain and suffering without sinking into self indulgence. An album of “woe is me” would have lasted one listening, this album will resonate with many as it deals with a universal verity…life is difficult and frequently hurts so much you wish you’d be dead by sunrise. But each dawn brings another chance to get it right. In a sense, we get a do-over every day.

Join us for Dead By Sunrise exclusively on our next ROCKLINE as we give you an advance preview of their debut effort aptly named “Out Of Ashes”, perfect for a singer-songwriter who hails from Phoenix.

Actually that's not true. Last time LP was on Kimmel they played 2 songs. You usually have to goto Kimmels NBC website or his YouTube page to view both performances.

LP plays what I'd call a full show every time they play Kimmel.

2003: http://www.lplive.net/shows/20030811.php Complete full setlist that they did on Summer Sanitarium. Songs aired on TV were Numb and Faint; Don't Stay appeared on the LPU CD.

2007: http://www.lplive.net/shows/20070518.php Can't get a totally confirmed setlist for this one. They did WID and BIO first for TV and then did most of a normal set at the time starting with OSC, ending with Faint and including most of the songs they had in the setlist at that time. Crawling/Don't Stay were possibly in there too...the people that went have no idea though, lol. West Coast fail, baby!

But the point is LP plays 14-17 tracks when they do Kimmel, aka a full show. Other bands I've seen play 6-10. LP has never just played two songs for Kimmel. They have two songs aired but they play more. Musical guests on Kimmel rarely ever play one song. I'm sure it's happened but I've never PERSONALLY seen a band do only one song on Kimmel.

http://www.lplive.net/shows/FortMinor/20051208.php

Even Fort Minor did 7 songs and had 2 aired. DBS at Kimmel will play at least 6 if you ask me. Probably air Crawl Back In / the other US single.

As far as Letterman goes, 1-2 songs is normal. Usually just 1 but I've seen bands combine two into a "nonstop" song and I've seen him let bands do two, so we'll play that one by ear and see how it goes.

LP plays what I'd call a full show every time they play Kimmel.

2003: http://www.lplive.net/shows/20030811.php Complete full setlist that they did on Summer Sanitarium. Songs aired on TV were Numb and Faint; Don't Stay appeared on the LPU CD.

2007: http://www.lplive.net/shows/20070518.php Can't get a totally confirmed setlist for this one. They did WID and BIO first for TV and then did most of a normal set at the time starting with OSC, ending with Faint and including most of the songs they had in the setlist at that time. Crawling/Don't Stay were possibly in there too...the people that went have no idea though, lol. West Coast fail, baby!

But the point is LP plays 14-17 tracks when they do Kimmel, aka a full show. Other bands I've seen play 6-10. LP has never just played two songs for Kimmel. They have two songs aired but they play more. Musical guests on Kimmel rarely ever play one song. I'm sure it's happened but I've never PERSONALLY seen a band do only one song on Kimmel.

http://www.lplive.net/shows/FortMinor/20051208.php

Even Fort Minor did 7 songs and had 2 aired. DBS at Kimmel will play at least 6 if you ask me. Probably air Crawl Back In / the other US single.

As far as Letterman goes, 1-2 songs is normal. Usually just 1 but I've seen bands combine two into a "nonstop" song and I've seen him let bands do two, so we'll play that one by ear and see how it goes.

well LP and FM weren't in Jimmy's studio though. If DBS performs in the studio then we can't expect them to perform a full set.