13.08.2009 - Taipei, Taiwan

Linkin Park will soon be playing at the Taipei County Stadium in Taipei, Taiwan as part of the 2009 Summer Rock Summit that is going on there. Hopefully the weather calms down a bit for the show - Taiwan has been hit hard by typhoons recently.

You could say this is a make-up show from last year since the band canceled its Taipei show that was a part of the Music For Relief Asian Benefit Tour. Taipei will be the first of three shows in a row that LP will be playing as (unofficial, but good enough for LPL) make-up shows from last year, with Shanghai and Macao coming next. Three more shows are all that remains in Asia for LP, and then they wrap up in Pomona for 2009.

This is a big show for 'Points Of Authority' - what will Mike rap over the beginning and end? Speaking of 'Points', we still haven't heard if he did something great in Okinawa! Where are our Asian setlist reporters? We are still waiting on Osaka and Okinawa information. Anyone from LPL going to Taipei?

EDIT by Joe: WOW! we finally got what Mike did over 'Points Of Authority': at Okinawa 'Step Up' was over it and tonight's show 'Dedicated'...it seems that your suggestions did really work ^_^...thanks to Mike (lol) for reported us; stay tuned for more info of the show.

The opening act for Macao's show has just been confirmed

"We apologize for the delay, we just heard back from Linkin Park's team in LA with their decision a few minutes ago (at 4am!)

They've chosen the band SCAMPER to be their opening act for Linkin Park on Sunday August 16th at the Venetian Macau's CotaiArena! "

source

http://www.alivenotdead.com/linkinparkcont...ile-728171.html

Scamper

Scamper is a Macau band that formed in 2005, includes Jun & Ding on the guitar, EL is on the drums, Raiden on the bass and Angus as the main vocalist. All of the members came from different bands of different music style, such as pop, rock and metal. But when Scamper was formed, they found their own music style and started to write their own songs. The music style of them is the combining form of the music that they love, such as emo, punk and rock. They don't have a particular view but to express their feelings and opinions through their songs and do hope people enjoy their music.

http://www.alivenotdead.com/scamper

there are some videos in the page

Edited by daniel624

My sister and friends went!! (I am in US so I can't )

They said it's awesome as usual of course! But they said it's too short and the bands didn't talk much or interact much with fans (compare to 2 yrs ago).

They said they seem to be in a rush because the concert need to be ended before 10pm.

It rains a lots during the sets of Hoobstank and AAR.

They said Hoobstank dedicated "The reasons" to the victims of the typhoon.

The big screens seem to have some problems that it shut down couple times (might because of the rain).

The rain stoped when LP took stage.

I read someone's article said that the LPU went horribly wrong.

The promoter or whoever took charge didn't know there is a LPU M&G.

When they asked the staffs where is the M&G, nobody knew and someone even got told that it's been canceled.

Only two LPUer went in successfully to meet LP members. This time is Mike and Phoenix.

The person said that Mike is so surprised since there were supposed to be like 50 people.

All the other people who signed up to the M&G just missed the chance.

The person said that Mike is so nice to sign 2 autograph.

One for the person's friend who is one of the other unlucky 48 LPUer.

Oh I forget to say the news said LP donate 20 thousands USD through MFR. Thank you guys so much for the help to my country.

Some video has be upload to youtube.

LP at Taiwan

Edited by chazmike

My sister and friends went!! (I am in US so I can't )

They said it's awesome as usual of course! But they said it's too short and the bands didn't talk much or interact much with fans (compare to 2 yrs ago).

They said they seem to be in a rush because the concert need to be ended before 10pm.

It rains a lots during the sets of Hoobstank and AAR.

They said Hoobstank dedicated "The reasons" to the victims of the typhoon.

The big screens seem to have some problems that it shut down couple times (might because of the rain).

The rain stoped when LP took stage.

I read someone's article said that the LPU went horribly wrong.

The promoter or whoever took charge didn't know there is a LPU M&G.

When they asked the staffs where is the M&G, nobody knew and someone even got told that it's been canceled.

Only two LPUer went in successfully to meet LP members. This time is Mike and Phoenix.

The person said that Mike is so surprised since there were supposed to be like 50 people.

All the other people who signed up to the M&G just missed the chance.

The person said that Mike is so nice to sign 2 autograph.

One for the person's friend who is one of the other unlucky 48 LPUer.

Oh I forget to say the news said LP and the other 2 bands donate all the money they earned from this concert. Thank you guys so much for the help to my country.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

It sucks about the M&G... It seems to be a recurring issue.. you think they'd have dealt with it by now, oh well...

Still waiting on POA info!

Dammit!!!

Points Of Authority

Starts RIGHT AFTER Mike's rap! Gaaaah.

Ha Ha Ha

I read all the article written by the people who get back from the concert tonight!

However, for now no one talked about POA!!! I don't know why............ haha

But lots of people complain no papercut.