2024.09.28 - Incheon, South Korea (Inspire Arena)

RogueSoul

After an incredibly busy month in the Linkin Park world, we have finally reached the final hurdle of the first leg of this awesome marathon. Linkin Park will play their fifth show of the From Zero World Tour tomorrow, September 28, in Incheon, South Korea at the Inspire Arena! This will be the band's first show in Asia since 2015, and their first in South Korea since 2011.

btvmtcdymsfgsl5ayo9b.jpg

The first leg of Linkin Park's From Zero World Tour has certainly been a wild ride! From their first full show back at the Kia Forum in Los Angeles, California on September 11 to their most recent endeavor at London's O2 on September 24, Linkin Park has kept us on the edge of our seats trying to keep up with everything going on within the show. The band's most recent show saw them debut Set B to fans in London, with the interludes and intros featuring the bridge chorus of 'Iridescent' and the rotation slot featuring 'Keys To The Kingdom,' after it was dropped in Hamburg in favor of the world premiere of their new single 'Heavy Is The Crown.' Both new songs made their UK debuts, 'The Emptiness Machine' giving Emily Armstrong a moment to connect with the crowd early on in the set and 'Heavy Is The Crown' erupting during the encore, with Emily nearly hitting the full bridge scream before falling over backwards Dead Sara-style, showing that she is definitely getting more and more comfortable with every show! 'Waiting For The End' once again made her quite emotional at this show, but she powered through the tears and delivered a great performance of the track, fans cheering her on after the song ended. The 'One Step Closer' extended outro at this show was also quite fun, Emily changing up the norm by screaming "I'M ABOUT TO FUCKING BREAK!" as the guitar solo kicks in. Both Emily and Colin Brittain have been kicking ass in their new roles, Colin continuing to shine in moments like the 'When They Come For Me' and 'Remember The Name' mashup and in 'Papercut' - those fills he adds in the second verse are so spicy. Tour-Brad Alex Feder continues to deliver as well, unleashing some strong guitar solos throughout the night. And we can't move on without thanking Mike Shinoda for his LPLive shoutout before 'Keys To The Kingdom': "Some of the hardcore fans at sites like LPLive have been wondering what Set B is... show 'em, Emily," to which Emily replied with her first words to our website: "I'll fuckin' show ya."

Linkin Park performing 'Keys To The Kingdom' live at the O2 in London on September 24, 2024. Mike shouts us out at the start of this video - if you're reading this, thanks Mike!

Linkin Park's return to South Korea is long overdue, with this being their first show there in thirteen years! On top of that, this will be Linkin Park's first show in the continent of Asia since 2015, when they performed five shows in China for the unique The Hunting Party Chinese Tour, which concluded in Beijing on July 26, 2015. Linkin Park's last show in South Korea was on the A Thousand Suns Asian Tour, which wrapped up the touring cycle. They performed at Seoul's Olympic Park Arena on September 8, 2011 for the second stop of the leg, featuring A Thousand Suns rarities like 'Burning In The Skies' and the album interludes like 'The Requiem' and 'Jornada del Muerto.'

Prior to this, the band's second show ever in the country occurred at the end of 2007, closing out the band's real touring for the year at the climax of the Minutes To Midnight Asian Tour on November 30. The show got off to an immense start, opening with 'One Step Closer' (still a shock at the time, as 'One Step Closer' was pretty much the only song they closed with for a majority of their career up until that world tour) followed by 'Lying From You,' 'Somewhere I Belong,' 'No More Sorrow,' 'Papercut,' 'Points Of Authority,' 'Wake,' and 'Given Up'... damn. The band kept a good mix of old rarities ('Don't Stay,' the piano version of 'Pushing Me Away') and new tracks like 'Leave Out All The Rest' and 'Shadow Of The Day.' 'The Little Things Give You Away' opened the encore (a fitting song, as two of LPLive's staff members are currently in the path of Category 4 Hurricane Helene), the band leading the crowd in a sing-a-long of Happy Birthday to Brad afterwards.

Linkin Park's first show in the country was on the Meteora World Tour, once again closing out their Meteora Asian Tour with a show at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium on October 29, 2003. If you've been keeping up with things these last few years, you may recognize this show, as a full pro-shot recording of it was included in the boxset of the Meteora 20th Anniversary boxset last year! This show captures a great representation of the Meteora cycle, opening with 'Foreword' and 'Don't Stay' before launching right into new songs from Meteora and older tracks from Hybrid Theory. Rarities at this show included 'Figure.09,' 'My December,' 'By Myself,' 'P5hng Me A*wy' from Reanimation, and a full performance of 'Nobody's Listening.' This setlist was the longest the band had ever played up until this point, with nearly 19-songs that included a 3-song encore, only missing a couple songs off of both albums. Linkin Park's history in South Korea may not be as lengthy as other stops on this tour, but it has undoubtedly been important in the band's history - and that is certain to continue at this show.

'Nobody's Listening' live in Seoul, South Korea on October 29, 2003 at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium. A very rare full performance of the song, even for the time!

What can we expect to see happen at tonight's show in Incheon? Well, assuming the band has prepared their standard three sets for the tour, we have now seen each of them at least once. London, as mentioned before, featured Set B, with interludes including 'Iridescent' and 'Keys To The Kingdom' as the rotation song. Los Angeles and Hamburg both got Set A, featuring 'Castle Of Glass' in the interludes and 'Lost In The Echo' as the rotation song. Brooklyn on September 16 has been the only performance so far of Set C, which features 'Burn It Down' in the interludes and 'A Place For My Head' in the rotation. Seeing as the band hasn't replayed this set yet and gone through the other two in Europe, it makes it seem that it Set C is the most likely option for South Korea. None of us here at LPLive will be complaining about some more 'A Place For My Head' action on this tour, but if the band decides to surprise us with something new (the unforeseen Set D?!), that'd be even better! For what it's worth, this will likely be the first appearance of "Long" Set C, which is actually the same length but swaps 'Keys To The Kingdom' with 'Heavy Is The Crown.' There will be no opening band at this show, leaving Linkin Park a little extra time perhaps to throw something unexpected into the set! Last time they performed without an opening act (their UK shows at the end of the One More Light European Tour), they added an extra song into their setlist.

Linkin Park performing their new song 'Heavy Is The Crown' at London's O2 on September 24, 2024. She really gives it her all during the bridge - she even falls backwards after the scream!

Who's going to the show?! Weatherman Rogue S(e)oul here to report a humid and hot day, but with generally clear skies - perfect weather for a show! This is Linkin Park's last show of this leg of the tour, taking October off presumably to recharge and make some promo appearances ahead of their From Zero album release, due on November 15. The band's touring is not done for 2024, however, with recently added dates in November for ParisDallas, and São Paulo coming up, as well as the previously announced show in Bogota, Colombia. The next of these shows is Paris, France on November 3, though it is likely that Linkin Park returns to London to perform 'Heavy Is The Crown' at the closing ceremony for Worlds 2024. The song has recently been released as the second single from the album, alongside a music video for the Worlds 2024 games. A new LPTV episode is out, featuring footage from the band's show in Los Angeles at the Kia Forum earlier this month.

As always, we'll have updates for you on today's show and everything else going on in the Linkin Park world, and will be bringing it to live here and on social media (Twitter/X, Instagram, and Facebook), so be sure to follow us and sign up on the forums!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find them having a show in Seoul for this leg very unusual considering the US, Germany, and London are massive places for Linkin Park. Seoul really isn't. You would've expected the first asian show to be in Japan. It makes me think there could be a surprise at the show. Any possibility we see one of the big korean groups make an appearance here? Alot of groups have a form of connection to them and view them as massive inspirations - Ateez with the Numb cover, Stray Kids with the Linkin Park reactions and the influence they've had on Stray Kids' producer members. Saw someone mention as well that Mike was at Starship entertainment yesterday? Interesting since one of their groups, Monsta X, is frequently compared to Linkin Park. Not to mention the BTS connection too. 

Would be cool to see a collab or even a Linkin Park version of a song from one of these groups as the extra song you mentioned.

5 hours ago, BuroBee said:

I find them having a show in Seoul for this leg very unusual considering the US, Germany, and London are massive places for Linkin Park. Seoul really isn't. You would've expected the first asian show to be in Japan. It makes me think there could be a surprise at the show. Any possibility we see one of the big korean groups make an appearance here? Alot of groups have a form of connection to them and view them as massive inspirations - Ateez with the Numb cover, Stray Kids with the Linkin Park reactions and the influence they've had on Stray Kids' producer members. Saw someone mention as well that Mike was at Starship entertainment yesterday? Interesting since one of their groups, Monsta X, is frequently compared to Linkin Park. Not to mention the BTS connection too. 

Would be cool to see a collab or even a Linkin Park version of a song from one of these groups as the extra song you mentioned.

Labels and publishers have expensive and powerfull frameworks to view and analyze real world engagement with artists. Not many people are talking about this outside of the industry.

These tools include a BIG range of impulses, like mentions on social media(whatever it is, likes, @ mentions, videos containing an artist, followers, etc etc), these frameworks are usually connected worldwide to serious media broadcasters like radio stations to get reports who and when was played and the reach of the station, mentions by hard print media, mentions by TV....internal marketing efforts (for example if warner puts up a huge billboard somewhere, you can approximately say how many eyes it will get) and lots of other stuff that I can't come up with on the spot.

In other words, they have good data to support decisions which might not seem obvious to us. 

Also, if nothing else applies, maybe they want to push their presence in the area for future returns, who knows.

Edited by Alexonlyalex

7 hours ago, BuroBee said:

I think they are in Seoul now because of Heavy is the crown. LoL is massive in Korea. Also Joe is half korean so maybe he gave a little push to come back to korea after a long time

Joe was a judge on their music reality show Superband (basically The Voice for Korea) so I think he gained (or had) at least some sort of popularity there to be enough to be a whole judge for a season. Not a lot of us on the forums here from this side of the world so I’m not sure what their perspectives are of each member of the band.

Also, slight addendum to the post: this show is happening in Incheon, not Seoul. Incheon is a bit further away.

• RogueSoul changed the title to 2024.09.28 - Incheon, South Korea (Inspire Arena)

Looks like they used a backing track for Heavy Is The Crown and TEM (Not sure they used it on TEM on the other shows but i may be wrong). Not exactly sure why but I guess it's for the harmonies in the chorus. If I am correct then they used backing tracks for Talking To Myself back then as well to let the chorus sound more powefull (I guess?). Perhaps an expert can elaborate more on the usage of such things. 

Edited by KeysToTheLinkinPark

9 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Looks like they used a backing track for Heavy Is The Crown and TEM. Not exactly sure why but I guess it's for the harmonies in the chorus. If I am correct then they used backing tracks for Talking To Myself back then as well to let the chorus sound more powefull (I guess?). Perhaps an expert can elaborate more on the usage of such things. 

Serious question

do they use some Chester's vocals in any part of the show?

5 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Serious question

I think nothing besides the intros (COG intro, Iredescent intro gang vocals) Chesters vocals are there, also Joe sample on WFTE but all those stuff are heavily edited.

58 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Looks like they used a backing track for Heavy Is The Crown and TEM (Not sure they used it on TEM on the other shows but i may be wrong). Not exactly sure why but I guess it's for the harmonies in the chorus. If I am correct then they used backing tracks for Talking To Myself back then as well to let the chorus sound more powefull (I guess?). Perhaps an expert can elaborate more on the usage of such things. 

I don't like that. Does it make it sound better? I don't know. At the venue, can you really tell? And on some recordings from the audience, it's going to come out as if she's lip-syncing.

I never understood that. To me, vocals from a backing track is a no-no. Honestly, any instrument that you can play live shouldn't be played from tape. Why did Brad spend years playing that one note on the piano on "Waiting For The End" when we can play anything pre-recorded? 

2 hours ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Serious question

Chester's vocal can be heard at the end of The Catalyst. The last "Let Me Go" you hear is his voice played from the backing track.

Edited by c3bebuilder