'The Emptiness Machine' CD Single

LPLStaff

Attendees at Linkin Park's show on Thursday were treated to event-exclusive merchandise after the show, including a surprise CD for lead single 'The Emptiness Machine'.

The artwork comes from a painting Mike Shinoda did and the CD features two tracks - 'The Emptiness Machine' and the instrumental of the song. Copies were limited at the show, but so far no information has surfaced on the CD being sold online or at other concerts yet.

image.png

image.png

If someone who have it can make a HQ scan of the front cover that would be awesome.

Till we will get the HQ version of it from the scan or digital single (which I hope we will get soon), I created the cover from the photo you posted above and cut it just like it is in the CD case, hope you don't mid if I post it here:

TEM-Cover-w600.jpg

8 hours ago, martinez said:

If someone who have it can make a HQ scan of the front cover that would be awesome.

Till we will get the HQ version of it from the scan or digital single (which I hope we will get soon), I created the cover from the photo you posted above and cut it just like it is in the CD case, hope you don't mid if I post it here:

TEM-Cover-w600.jpg

amazing job @martinez! always one step ahead. i did cut and resizing like yours but without the PA sticker and i'm not sure the original color tone. 😂 so i decided to use yours

16 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

What do you mean LINKIN PARK, LLC?

I was thinking the same. Now I’m not fully up to date with how record labels work these days but I’m hoping it means. By LP registering as an LLC they have self funded this From Zero operation and will earn the income directly. Warner Bros then pay Linkin Park LLC for distribution rights. Instead of WB owning all management rights and giving LP a cut of the income. WB are essentially paying LP differently which allows them to be free from stricter Record label contracts? 
May also solidify theories around Papercuts being an “End of Contract” requirement by WB? Given there’s on record details from the band stating they didn’t like the idea of “Greatest Hits” albums 🤷‍♂️ 

But all of that is a guess and should not be treated as facts. Financial decisions and business information really should be private to the Band unless they’re willing to share. 

Edited by Gurch

1 hour ago, Gurch said:

Emptiness Machine - CD Single Scans

Emptiness Machine - Scans - CD Single - Linkin Park

I'm stay with cover i made because unfortunately, the quality of those scans really sucks!

4 hours ago, max91 said:

BTW, since like 3 hours ago the cover is on the Genius page of the song's lyrics @martinez

7c978651780c6d0f2545cb69b5ab3417.1000x10

https://genius.com/Linkin-park-the-emptiness-machine-lyrics

It seems like someone did the same what I did but didn't cut it the same like the version on the CD.

49 minutes ago, Gurch said:

I was thinking the same. Now I’m not fully up to date with how record labels work these days but I’m hoping it means. By LP registering as an LLC they have self funded this From Zero operation and will earn the income directly. Warner Bros then pay Linkin Park LLC for distribution rights. Instead of WB owning all management rights and giving LP a cut of the income. WB are essentially paying LP differently which allows them to be free from stricter Record label contracts? 
May also solidify theories around Papercuts being an “End of Contract” requirement by WB? Given there’s on record details from the band stating they didn’t like the idea of “Greatest Hits” albums 🤷‍♂️ 

But all of that is a guess and should not be treated as facts. Financial decisions and business information really should be private to the Band unless they’re willing to share. 

A lot, (if not all) LPU CDs has Linkin Park, LLC.

6 minutes ago, martinez said:

I'm stay with cover i made because unfortunately, the quality of those scans really sucks!

i believe @Gurch doesnt have proper scanner. the images looks like Gurch using camera phone. but it's fine for me. just wanna see the entire cd single (front, back, disc, inlay, tray). 💯 thanks for you assists Gurch! really appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

i believe @Gurch doesnt have proper scanner. the images looks like Gurch using camera phone. but it's fine for me. just wanna see the entire cd single (front, back, disc, inlay, tray). 💯 thanks for you assists Gurch! really appreciate it. 

No worries, just trying to help. Didn’t realise we were after ultra high quality for printing etc. just snapped the photos for people to see inside and out 👌

I’m sure one of the other 120 people can do a better job 🫣

🤙

54 minutes ago, Gurch said:

No worries, just trying to help. Didn’t realise we were after ultra high quality for printing etc. just snapped the photos for people to see inside and out 👌

I’m sure one of the other 120 people can do a better job 🫣

🤙

Thanks for taking the photos the single looks cool inside.

15 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

Not sharing any links here but the official instrumental can be easily found on Youtube (including a FLAC download link in the description of that video).

I have a feeling the instrumental, and maybe even the acapella, will be released on streaming services pretty soon.

Length of both tracks from the CD single for Linkinpedia:

01.The Emptiness Machine - 3:12

02.The Emptiness Machine (Instrumental) - 3:12

Both have additionally 2 seconds of silence at the end.