Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

32 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Dead Sara in general looks suspicious. They announced new music and shows at the end of last year for this but since then they are basically completely silent. They made a cover EP from 2017 available on streaming and that‘s their only communication ever since then  (obviously there is a chance that they constantly posted Instagram stories that I have no idea about). And for this year there is no music or any show announced. Their drummer is touring with another band right now (not sure about his involvement besides touring), their guitarist played at least one show with another band and Emily herself collaborated on two tracks on her own with other artists. Dead Sara looks very inactive to me which could either be a sign or complete coincidence (lol). 
Also last year they suddenly cancelled all their European shows without any communication or explanation. Most festivals apparently just removed them from the line up. But from what we currently can theorize, that happened before the LP thing got rolling. But in general things look odd. Maybe someone here is more knowledgeable than me about them though. 

Yeah, I was at one such festival and was looking forward to seeing them, there was no announcement, not even from the festival, they just disappeared without anything being said. 

They certainly don't seem to be active currently, their website says under construction and new site coming soon but that post is from September 2023. It seems they went quiet around the time that potentially something happened if you consider Mike's release and something potentially happening around that time that changed his plans.

From what she has posted, she is recording something, but doesn't seem to be active with Dead Sara and this wasn't cross posted on there accounts. So she is up to something, LP related or not. 

Of course all speculation. Normal life happens and sometimes these things line up allowing us to see patterns which aren't really there, but it is rather curious. Was there any other reason why she was rumoured?

Edited by Smarky

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding gas to the fire, Joe and Anna liked Emily's last post, Joe and Mike liked the second last and Joe liked the third.

All posts were up by january-may of this year, if they were recording something I think the timeline lines up.

The other two older posts, has no likes from them..

And a thing that I thought it was suspicious is that Mike doesn't follow her at the moment, and liked the second post.

Maybe he unfollowed her to avoid what we are doing right now? hehe

but yeah, it maybe all coincidences, we'll see

edit: typo

Edited by CFRANS

19 minutes ago, MMM said:

5 E M I L Y 

9 A R M S T R O N G

Haha I know its so deep XD

As nuts as it sounds,  I'm starting to consider there is a slight chance they may really have done it and chosen that date on purpose lol

But yeah, all the Emily stuff is suspicious for sure. There really isn't any other known candidate that comes close in term of likelihood. I guess she really is our best bet here 🤞

20 minutes ago, CFRANS said:

Adding gas to the fire, Joe and Anna liked Emily's last post, Joe and Mike liked the second last and Joe liked the third.

All posts were up by january-may of this year, if they were recording something I think the timeline lines up.

The other two older posts, has no likes from them..

And a thing that I thought it was suspicious is that Mike doesn't follow her at the moment, and liked the second post.

Maybe he unfollowed her to avoid what we are doing right now? hehe

but yeah, it maybe all coincidences, we'll see

edit: typo

Interestingly too, that photo that Mike liked is of her from 2000 saying that she wants to make that person proud this year... and that is her 2024 moodboard....

On 9/2/2024 at 6:26 AM, Smarky said:

I'm very curious as too what's been going on behind the scenes, I hope we find out.

I've not seen it discussed much but the timing seems curious. Just at the end of last year, Mike released already over and seemed to be teasing/talking about something bigger as if it was a new era for him and Mike Shinoda music, he talked about non-traditional release schedules and the whole 'crimson' thing and even making a big deal about shaving his hair etc, seemed like it was symbolising a new era for him and releases.

But then he went pretty silent and then now we have this. It seems to me like something came together behind the scenes and changed his plans? I'd also not be too sure that there is a full album coming soon as if this is true, the time frames would be pretty tight.

Also I always thought the timing of the Papercuts release was strange. As you just had the Meteora 20 stuff and if you were going to follow that release schedule and perhaps do a Minutes to Midnight 20, then I thought they would spread the releases out a little bit more and a 'greatest hits' would have come a little later than it did. I wonder if it's all somehow related, perhaps even contractually and was purposely put out to kinda signify that era of LP and now we are moving into the new one. 

I agree about the timeline being tight for a new album. If a new album is on the horizon:
1. Parts of it must have been worked on for years with Mike and crew liking the songs, just waiting for the right time/vocalist etc.
2. They wrote it hella fast
3. The new single (presumably) Thursday is one of the only finished tracks and it'll be quite a while before the final album release

Or, there is no new album and this is more of a 1-time drop like Mike's recent solo stuff like HE or Ziggurats. I would still be psyched to even get a 3 song EP tbh, I'm not gonna hold my breath for a full new LP album out of fear of disappointment 

It's not really like it took them very long to write albums in the past. Between ATS and LT you had 2 years (technically under 2 years), LT and THP also 2 years and don't forget that also included touring. So really we're talking about 7-8 month period each time to record an album.

Plus it's basically confirmed at this point that they had been writing at least some music together in the past 7 years.

Edited by millytripleseven

9 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I agree about the timeline being tight for a new album. If a new album is on the horizon:
1. Parts of it must have been worked on for years with Mike and crew liking the songs, just waiting for the right time/vocalist etc.
2. They wrote it hella fast
3. The new single (presumably) Thursday is one of the only finished tracks and it'll be quite a while before the final album release

Or, there is no new album and this is more of a 1-time drop like Mike's recent solo stuff like HE or Ziggurats. I would still be psyched to even get a 3 song EP tbh, I'm not gonna hold my breath for a full new LP album out of fear of disappointment 

It's very unlikely they'll release a single without an album on scope within the next 3 or 4 months. I think you're overestimating how long it takes to actually record an album.

13 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

It's not really like it took them very long to write albums in the past. Between ATS and LT you had 2 years (technically under 2 years), LT and THP also 2 years and don't forget that also included touring. So really we're talking about 7-8 month period each time to record an album.

Plus it's basically confirmed at this point that they had been writing at least some music together in the past 7 years.

Confirmed? Brad, Joe, and Dave all said LP has been writing for the past X amount of years - 5? 4? lol

19 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Confirmed? Brad, Joe, and Dave all said LP has been writing for the past X amount of years - 5? 4? lol

dave spoke candidly about them working on music pre pandemic and the pandemic slowing them down.  so year at least 4 years ago something was happening

Edited by RiffSandwich

10 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

I really think this is the least suspicious out of all the things regarding Emily. Because that's easily explainable.

It's very likely that people within LP circle would like a fellow smaller artist from L.A. area, who's also on the same label (they literally could've bumped into each other in label offices over the years, or gone to Dead Sara shows occasionally), and vice-versa.

The wiping out of her instagram pictures seems more suspicious to me, as well as her not even addressing all the questions about LP, which she got many of in the comments (and you can bet in the DMs as well). She just keeps posting vague ig stories, like the middle finger with a microphone, driving around L.A. or at the beach.

Don't know what to think about it. I would like to know where the rumor originated from (allegedly it's from some people in the industry/in the area, but who exactly and how they would know about something that is definitely kept secret).

I absolutely agree with you, and I do believe it is her. But to be a contrarian for a second. Maybe she’s not denying it because it’s helping Dead Sara get seen by more eyes. Everyone I’ve seen that has talked about her has also mentioned that they love her music and even if it isn’t her, they are going to start listening to her. It’s the freest publicity anyone could ever accidentally walk in to. 

still doesn’t explain wiping the insta though. 

3 hours ago, Smarky said:

https://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/226987/linkin-park-tba

Looks like very likely new single on Thursday. 

Considering this is the guy that previous reported the release of Friendly Fire. 

Oh god.... It's really happening then...  I'm beyond excited to see how their sound has evolved! I'm hoping for something on the heavier side but i'd be a fool to expect that😛.

A possible LP new album would not necessarily mean that they started from 0 if indeed the process started late 2023-early 2024. We know Mike has been constantly making instrumentals for years. Many of those got released but Mike could have saved some of those for LP who knows. Then there's the fact that Mike and LP are known to store unfinished projects from previous albums for years and to rework them later. We know very few demos from albums like THP and OML. So some rough ideas, demos or instrumentals from 2014-2017 could have made a comeback in the studio. Also they have been very quiet in these first 8 months of 2024 so maybe they spent this time rehearsing to find a new singer but also jamming and composing new music all together. All this to say that I think we might get a new LP album soon. They have never released a studio album in the winter so we might have to wait for spring next year. And if there's no new album on the horizon but for now it's just a non album single it's still fine for me. 

12 hours ago, lhcluiz said:

https://m.vk.com/wall-23787907_45069

The Emptiness Machine - New Single ?

Oh fuck! If that's legit, I'm totally digging the artwork and the new LP logo

https://genius.com/Linkin-park-the-emptiness-machine-lyrics

I'm not sure how easy it is to create and edit pages on Genius, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm not familiar enough with Genius to know how much weight this holds