Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

The new song will almost certainly feature both vocalists. They'll want mike on it so it is still recognizable as LP, but also will want to introduce the new vocalist. 0% chance the single will be a solo vocal a la Invisible or Shadow of the Day imo, it will be more like Waiting for the End with distinct parts from both singers

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

The new song will almost certainly feature both vocalists. They'll want mike on it so it is still recognizable as LP, but also will want to introduce the new vocalist. 0% chance the single will be a solo vocal a la Invisible or Shadow of the Day imo, it will be more like Waiting for the End with distinct parts from both singers

This was how blink-182 approached it when Matt Skiba was filling in for Tom Delonge. The first single (and most songs from that era, actually) featured both Matt and Mark Hoppus. You need something to anchor to the past of the band, while also showcasing what's different.

11 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

I can't remember any professional band that has rotating tour vocalists.

I know it hurts to see someone else on Chester's place but that's our reality.

I was pretty fucking tired of WAITING and the time is Right.

Whatever they do I'll be there 

IM FUCKING READY

I'm fucking ready too lol

At this point, anyone who says that it's wrong or disrespectful for LP to move forward with a new lead vocalist will never come around anyway. If they can't understand that it's not replacing Chester, but rather about honoring him by continuing on, there's nothing that can make them realize that at this point.

It's been over 7 years now. There's no reason that the 5 other members of the band shouldn't be able to play together again as Linkin Park in front of the huge crowds that they've earned throughout their career. The reality of that means that there must be a new vocalist, since someone needs to sing Chester's parts.

Chester's time with the band will never be forgotten, ever, but I'm also excited to see what a new vocalist could bring to the table creatively in future music! I'm just really excited to see what this new era brings.

Edited by Justin

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

After 100 hours we had the date and after another 100 hours we had a time for something we've all been waiting 7 years for. That's not exactly "nothing" in my opinion.

We also got an audio clip and an image, likely confirming a music video (maybe?)

Also confirms that the 9/5 event isn't LPU only and we all can join in.

I threw a tantrum after it hit 0 but this is what I feel is appropriate and awesome tease-wise

Edited by AParallelogramInTheSand
Grammar

2 hours ago, HT_lash said:

200 hours for nothing 🤡

well… looks like we will have the live broadcast of the event on the 5th…

It's not for nothing. After 100 hours we got the hint for a 9/5 date. Then they released the LPU newsletter for the event and now 200 hours later it's 100% confirmed we are getting a live stream of the event on 9/5.

26 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

This was how blink-182 approached it when Matt Skiba was filling in for Tom Delonge. The first single (and most songs from that era, actually) featured both Matt and Mark Hoppus. You need something to anchor to the past of the band, while also showcasing what's different.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking.

They'd be smart to release something that SOUNDS like Linkin Park too. The big creative swings are a big part of the fun of this band but for this comeback they should just release a massive arena rock single a la What I've Done or New Divide. Coming out of the gate with something like Heavy is going to turn a lot of people off, regardless of if the song is great or not, and i don't think they should risk that at this moment.

17 minutes ago, solidss said:

It's not for nothing. After 100 hours we got the hint for a 9/5 date. Then they released the LPU newsletter for the event and now 200 hours later it's 100% confirmed we are getting a live stream of the event on 9/5.

It seems I didn't choose my words well... I'm not complaining, nor am I thinking it's bad or hating it. I thought there would be something more than just an image, but I already knew there wouldn't be, but I still wanted to create expectations. I'm looking forward to the 5th and happy with the band's possible return.

Anyway, that's it...

On 9/2/2024 at 4:56 AM, Bambitt said:

Doesnt it look like two people in the picture? On the left Mike I presume and on the right someone with longer blonde hair? 

Someone said if you convert it to negative you can see those 2 “figure” better somethin bout hands and a half sleeve? Do it and post it lol

4 hours ago, nickishere12345 said:

I thought it would be a ballad with minimal Mike vocals like Final Masquerade or Lost, but the WFTE comparison excites me. I was wondering if Mike had cracked a modern sound that mixes rapping/singing and doesn't feel dated or trapped in rap rock after we saw the purple images that looks like he's doing vocals, not realizing they did that with WFTE really well. And with how long it's been, I can't help but hope for something that has some really special writing/production 

2 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

Someone said if you convert it to negative you can see those 2 “figure” better somethin bout hands and a half sleeve? Do it and post it lol

I tried converting it into negative and can't see anything. I don't see what you guys see.

Here is what I see quite clearly:

- There is a silhouette of a person with their back turned to the camera

- The person is holding their right hand close to the mouth, appears to be singing into a microphone

- The person has a full head of short hair, possibly curly hair. Mike's hairline 100% doesn't look like that. He shaves sides and back

I don't see any other people, whether it's a purple version or negative

40 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I thought it would be a ballad with minimal Mike vocals like Final Masquerade or Lost, but the WFTE comparison excites me.  

I personally don't see them making a comeback with a ballad-type song, that would likely lack a bit impact. The context calls for something higher in energy imo, but maybe it's also personal preferences giving me a bias ^^

Edited by Qwerty18