Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Do you really want to do this? I have a Marketing degree and have worked in the industry for 20 years; the countdown hitting zero and counting back up was the wrong move and has generated a considerable amount of backlash. Go and read the comments on social media. Why would they risk generating ill will when they had the world waiting with bated breath for an expected announcement when the countdown hit zero? There were over 56,000 people viewing the YouTube stream when it hit zero, only to see a little glitch and the countdown reverse and start counting up? Will they get widespread media coverage if and when they announce they are reforming? They’re Linkin Park. Of course they will. A countdown timer won’t change that. All they’ve managed to do with this stunt is create more confusion and have pissed off a good chunk of the fan base.

Linkin Park literally does this for a living. Scavenger hunts, timers, trolling, puzzles, all that stuff. This is who they are.

Sit back and enjoy the ride and don't take things so seriously. We'll get something when it's time. Of course it's like "WTF" in the moment but we don't know the endgame yet - it'll all make sense.

32 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Linkin Park literally does this for a living. Scavenger hunts, timers, trolling, puzzles, all that stuff. This is who they are.

Sit back and enjoy the ride and don't take things so seriously. We'll get something when it's time. Of course it's like "WTF" in the moment but we don't know the endgame yet - it'll all make sense.

Yes, that's true, but I think it has now gone beyond reasonable. I think you could say it was even a bit cruel.

They must imagine that people were expecting an announcement about a return to activities. Even if that wasn't the announcement, it would have been better to say what they had to say right away.
Creating an expectation, knowing that many want the return, and then not delivering at the time they indicated is a bit of a bad joke.

It could be that the members had no influence on this and it was just the marketing team's fault, but I think it was a terrible decision

38 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Kind of completely missed the point I was making, but thanks anyway 👍🏼

50 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

What? Nooo. Chester’s gone. There’s no Linkin Park anymore. That was a bad taste joke to the fans and to the world. 

The best way for the band to be the band we all love is to show us there they same trolls as before. Is c9mforting tbh to know the boys are still the boys and they are back

Do i understand y people upset I suppose....but this is so Linkin Park....CB would love this move it sucks he ain't here but they have to move on we have to trust them. Please after 7 years of waiting don't give up now we're on the cusp 9f something the tease and troll is too big.....TROLLNODOA IS BACK TRY THE KETCHUP MFER 😄 AND EMBRACE THIS WHO KNOWS WHEN THIS HAPPENS AGAIN

9 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

It glitched at 09:05:00. That means we have 3 glitches: 09min5sec, 1hrs35min and 9hrs5min. 9/5 confirmed x3

/edit posted at the same time as @yagamilight207

I also tried to pay attention this time and the glitch seems to have lasted 9 seconds. I’m definitely counting on 9/5 being a significant date, but I’m still thinking that there should be concrete movements before then..

11 minutes ago, solidss said:

Could possibly be 9/5 at 1:35pm? Next glitch watch should be at 13:35:00

it was suggested as well, but 13.35=13 hours 35 minutes is equavalent to 815 minutes. there's no reason for that number..the next glitch could be either 9:50:00, 90:05:00, 90:50:00, and 95:00:00, but this still doesn't have the same result as 00:09:05 and 09:05:00. however i wonder about 01:35:00 as it actually equals to 95 minutes. it's either as long as 9 and 5 is present in that order,perhaps? 

We'll know the exact time when they post the next countdown. But they need to shave off around 10 hours (otherwise it would fall on very late hours in the US on Sep 5th / early morning Sep 6th in Europe).

Here's what I'm thinking now:

Current count is gonna go only until 90 hours 55 minutes, then it's gonna end with a glitch and transform into 100 hour countdown (during which there might be more hints as to what they're gonna announce).

If they did it this way, the end of the countdown would fall on Sep 5th 1:00PM EST/7:00PM CEST. Perfect time for an announcement.

I have cmpletely different idea

E M I L Y - 5 letters

A R M S T R O N G - 9 Letters

If you turn upside down an old digital clock at 9:05 it will be 5:06 which we can read as May 6; Emily birthday . I m completely crazy. I know XD

1 hour ago, MMM said:

I have cmpletely different idea

E M I L Y - 5 letters

A R M S T R O N G - 9 Letters

If you turn upside down an old digital clock at 9:05 it will be 5:06 which we can read as May 6; Emily birthday . I m completely crazy. I know XD

This is genius 😃  

Can't imagine something this far-stretched, but props for making that connection ahah

Just to write down my 5 cents after a night of sleep.

After being away for more than 7 years, after stopping your band activity because of tragedy, after giving us only vague and cryptic answers to where the band stands for all these years, a 100 hour countdown appears on lp.com. Seemingly out of nowhere. There were rumors (and only that) brought in by Jay Gordon and Billboard before. The LPU is getting some kind of makeover, too. Major portions of the music industry and fans, both old, new and forgotten, are showing interest in this countdown, being curious on what comes next for the band that many loved at some point of their life.

This is not another cycle like before, it's time for a statement, a glimpse of a future for the band. 100 hours to go until there is some kind of resolution. If not balls to the wall, then at the very least... something. But no, nothing aside from a couple of glitches. I pity these poor souls among us who are now monitoring a potential 100 hour count-up(?) just to find more glitches for an extremely uninteresting "riddle". A riddle that isn't needed with this type of situation. We all can wait for a couple weeks.

Of course it could all be for one collaboration song or something in that vein. But, again, it would be the FIRST NEW LP SONG in more than 7 years.

To address some points that a couple of never before seen faces on here bring up to defend this:

1. It gives the band more attention: The band HAD all the attention in the world. Other bands felt the need to get out of the way with their stuff because of that 100 hour countdown. They had an immense spotlight on them. If they would've posted something like a small teaser or whatever, people would be talking EVEN more than they do right now.

2. They always do something like this: Of course they do, it's their way of creating buzz and interest in a new output. But this is not JUST another new album cycle, it's not an anniversary (which they made really special with the throwback stuff, even if it was glitchy). It SEEMED like something we waited for more than 7 years. Something huge, a new era, finally! At least something small would have been a start.

3. It's exciting: What exactly is more exciting than before? We still don't REALLY know what will happen just like before, we got nothing new.

4. To those whom it may concern: It is ok when your favorite artist blunders. You don't need to find constructed arguments to defend them. If you genuinely love this and think "hell yeah, what a cool move" then good for you, have fun and enjoy the ride.

I will obviously wait and see what comes up, listen to new music whatever. But my point still stands: It was unnecessary to do it that way and dragged out something that could and should have been magical.

Everyone have fun staring at a timer.

23 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Just to write down my 5 cents after a night of sleep.

After being away for more than 7 years, after stopping your band activity because of tragedy, after giving us only vague and cryptic answers to where the band stands for all these years, a 100 hour countdown appears on lp.com. Seemingly out of nowhere. There were rumors (and only that) brought in by Jay Gordon and Billboard before. The LPU is getting some kind of makeover, too. Major portions of the music industry and fans, both old, new and forgotten, are showing interest in this countdown, being curious on what comes next for the band that many loved at some point of their life.

This is not another cycle like before, it's time for a statement, a glimpse of a future for the band. 100 hours to go until there is some kind of resolution. If not balls to the wall, then at the very least... something. But no, nothing aside from a couple of glitches. I pity these poor souls among us who are now monitoring a potential 100 hour count-up(?) just to find more glitches for an extremely uninteresting "riddle". A riddle that isn't needed with this type of situation. We all can wait for a couple weeks.

Of course it could all be for one collaboration song or something in that vein. But, again, it would be the FIRST NEW LP SONG in more than 7 years.

To address some points that a couple of never before seen faces on here bring up to defend this:

1. It gives the band more attention: The band HAD all the attention in the world. Other bands felt the need to get out of the way with their stuff because of that 100 hour countdown. They had an immense spotlight on them. If they would've posted something like a small teaser or whatever, people would be talking EVEN more than they do right now.

2. They always do something like this: Of course they do, it's their way of creating buzz and interest in a new output. But this is not JUST another new album cycle, it's not an anniversary (which they made really special with the throwback stuff, even if it was glitchy). It SEEMED like something we waited for more than 7 years. Something huge, a new era, finally! At least something small would have been a start.

3. It's exciting: What exactly is more exciting than before? We still don't REALLY know what will happen just like before, we got nothing new.

4. To those whom it may concern: It is ok when your favorite artist blunders. You don't need to find constructed arguments to defend them. If you genuinely love this and think "hell yeah, what a cool move" then good for you, have fun and enjoy the ride.

I will obviously wait and see what comes up, listen to new music whatever. But my point still stands: It was unnecessary to do it that way and dragged out something that could and should have been magical.

Everyone have fun staring at a timer.

My same thoughts now that I'm less mad about it.

EDIT: You know what also could have made it better? A small, tiny snippet of audio during the glitch. Just some seconds. At least a little reward for that moment.

Edited by KiddIsAlive

6 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

EDIT: You know what also may have made it better? A small, tiny snippet of audio during the glitch. Just some seconds. At least a little reward for that moment.

seconded. i actually thought the glitches would have glitching sound. but there's nothing. 

30 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

EDIT: You know what also could have made it better? A small, tiny snippet of audio during the glitch. Just some seconds. At least a little reward for that moment.

yup, agreed with both of you