Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

I am happy if Mike and the guys are having fun doing this because we want their happiness. Said this, I don't appreciate the lack of explicity in a situation where they play with people feelings

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one even knows what the endgame on this is. One thing is for sure - they are hyping up something big by doing all of this. They knew how many people would be tuned in on this. Let's see how it goes.

10 minutes ago, max91 said:

Even if they're coming back, and im happy for that, i would prefered if the counter ended on the time they release what they have to release, or at least tease something else and not just a clock starting up again with a glitch.

I agree. It seems like whoever planned this has no idea how much expectation this would create for some people. This band is the most important part of many people's lives, and this disappointment goes far beyond just a simple joke.

8 minutes ago, Smarky said:

Yes they will. 

No matter how 'annoying' it is, how many times it counts back and forth or what not, the minute something is actually announced it will be covered by media worldwide, this is just for the smaller fanbase that follow things a little more closely, the amount of people watching the YouTube stream video was in the low thousands, what you are experiencing is the bubble effect and anyone annoyed thinking this is bad marketing is falling for the same trap.  The attention will be plenty. Everyone that watched and is annoyed, even if you don't continue to watch, you are still going to come back at some point to see what it was, every single person will, so not a single person complaining has been lost and when the announcement is made it will be covered much wider.

Those Marketing experts in this thread claiming it is some form of disaster, please post pictures of your marketing degrees and your resumes showing all your years working in Marketing, thanks.

I don't know. When you end up going against your audience, eventually they get tired of you. Sure, if they announce in a year that they're coming back, they'll get media attention, but creating new anticipation for an announcement could be a problem.

They gained attention with just a clock. Can they pull that off again?

Another thing: If you feel so offended by other people's opinions, why are you on a forum?

Edited by LeonardoMF93

• it totally will be 300 hours. Countup to 100 (some news will be releasead) and then countdown to zero again (to release something).

The video on instagram starts at 5 seconds remaining and ends até 9 seconds. That was deliberate.

Then the glitch at 9:05.

And the countup to 100 and then a countdown to zero again will be at September 5th.

There's a lot of evidence now.

The Fibonacci sequence is a numerical sequence in which each term from the third onward is the sum of the two preceding terms. I Think i got it. 100 Hours, Now 200Hours. Finish in 09/05/24. So much crazy? lol

edit: The Fibonacci sequence is represented by the letter phi (ϕ)

It's not like we didn't get anything. 

We got September 5th. 

It's not much, but that is still pretty huge if it's the release of something.

18 hours ago, MalvarLP said:

The Fibonacci sequence is a numerical sequence in which each term from the third onward is the sum of the two preceding terms. I Think i got it. 100 Hours, Now 200Hours. Finish in 09/05/24. So much crazy? lol

edit: The Fibonacci sequence is represented by the letter phi (

)

ϕ.linkinpark.com redirects to - http://xn--7xa.linkinpark.com

Dead page, but odd it has a redirect set up?  Then I realise it's just the normal code for that character and I realise I've had enough internet for the day and need to shut up. This makes us go crazy.

Hope everyone enjoys whatever comes.

4 minutes ago, Smarky said:

It's not like we didn't get anything. 

We got September 5th. 

It's not much, but that is still pretty huge if it's the release of something.

Thats an assumption

12 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

Does someone have a screen recording of the glitch at 9:05?

I found this one on Twitter, its not before but you can look the momment it happens. the clock is stuck on 09.05 and when it resumes it shows 09.14

Edited by max91

9 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Thats an assumption

You are right. But 9:05 is clearly something. What it is, that is the thing. But that is the point of these teases, to make it cryptic and you have to guess / keep everyone guessing.

this isnt a normal album release or tour announcement 

the band ended abruptly after Chester passed away

this time we deserved respect some of us are still hurt, just look at what Oasis did just a normal announcement that made fans happy.

i was fucking excited and this troll was unnecessary, i feel offended by the band.

fuck you whoever decided that it was cool or amazing to do this.

6 minutes ago, max91 said:

I found this one on Twitter, its not before but you can look the momment it happens. the clock is stuck on 09.05 and when it resumes it shows 09.14

Great, thank you!! I think September 5th is pretty clear then.

I think while being disappointed, this was a genious move. The new insta reel already has more traffic than the initial one. There will be memes about this all over the Internet, people will make reels and stuff.

Just now, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

this time we deserved respect some of us are still hurt, just look at what Oasis did just a normal announcement that made fans happy.

i was fucking excited and this troll was unnecessary, i feel offended by the band.

I can't say it better. 

5 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Right. In the end I will love what comes next, but now, fuck this. The most wrong move of all the time.

1 minute ago, Cesar656 said:

Thanks for letting us know mike

Boy oh boy if i was mike there would never have been an announcement in the first place lol

I think people are taking this way too harshly. Does it suck that nothing substantial happened today? You bet. I waited around all morning waiting for something to happen. I'm pretty disappointed. But people acting like the band betrayed them personally is way too fucking far.