"Bleed It Out" ...and other rumblings

LPLStaff

A few random ideas I have for it having nothing to do with a new lead singer or LP playing live:

1. This is just for the Bleed It Out HD video (probably the most underwhelming outcome possible) 

2. LP is gonna drop a bunch of live content on streaming platforms like Projekt Revolution, live in Berlin, all the DVD shows basically. I've felt like this was an obvious move by labels for years and LP has always been ahead of the curve on this sort of thing, so why not

3. New remix project of all the Papercuts tracks as an encore for that project 

4. Return of the LPU with the flagship track being another BIO demo and more demos teased 

5. Some kind of demo compilation on Spotify, maybe all the demo versions of Papercuts tracks again as a sort of encore to that release, with some of them being new to us (COG demo, alternate QWERTY version)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

A few random ideas I have for it having nothing to do with a new lead singer or LP playing live:

1. This is just for the Bleed It Out HD video (probably the most underwhelming outcome possible) 

2. LP is gonna drop a bunch of live content on streaming platforms like Projekt Revolution, live in Berlin, all the DVD shows basically. I've felt like this was an obvious move by labels for years and LP has always been ahead of the curve on this sort of thing, so why not

4. Return of the LPU with the flagship track being another BIO demo and more demos teased 

5. Some kind of demo compilation on Spotify, maybe all the demo versions of Papercuts tracks again as a sort of encore to that release, with some of them being new to us (COG demo, alternate QWERTY version)

If it's one out of 3, 4, 5 I'm hgonna scream like a kid on Christmas morning 

10 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

I love the excitement, but also I'd hate to get excited for LP comeback, get a Mike record + tour (which is a good thing) and get bummed about it because I was expecting LP comeback.

This. Just say it how it this. Too much expectation building an big risk of disappointment.

20 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I would love the 2nd option of the band's shows on DVD or on some service where we can watch the band's shows from 2000-2017

The band has a lot of material recorded on video.

21 hours ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

Fortnite Collab, calling it

that would be cool!

2 hours ago, SinisterNL said:

This. Just say it how it this. Too much expectation building an big risk of disappointment.

They wouldn't tease this much on the LP accounts if it were a Mike project.

Y'ALL IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER WILD THEORY

SNL clips make up 2 of the videos. Despite it being divisive in ppl saying it's good or bad these days, the musical guest element still appears to be an achievement/great promo for new music.

LP returns and performs SNL for their big reveal of the new singer. Bleed it Out to reveal mid show, save the new single for the end of the show.

3 minutes ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

Y'ALL IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER WILD THEORY

SNL clips make up 2 of the videos. Despite it being divisive in ppl saying it's good or bad these days, the musical guest element still appears to be an achievement/great promo for new music.

LP returns and performs SNL for their big reveal of the new singer. Bleed it Out to reveal mid show, save the new single for the end of the show.

I was thinking about them playing one or two songs but couldn't think of the venue, SNL would be perfect as you say! Or maybe one of the talk show hosts or something 

Are still 15 to 20 seconds left until the end of the song if you consider the album version.  So the band should complete the song tomorrow.

So I believe Friday will be the announcement of all the suspense.

Edited by thigolpbr

BIO has some lyrics about not giving up, bleeding yourself to achieve what you want, to keep digging no matter what, to face hard stuff.
Kinda some "Back in Black" vibes, you know? "im back right here for the 100th time and will be again if takes to."

interesting at least.

It must be something important. There are no other roads. Mike, the guys, and the whole team know VERY well how much we await news. They can't speculate like this and then announce something small. It would not be correct and respectful. Furthermore, Mike has always said that in this case he would have stopped the hype train immediately. And he didn't. There must be something. Otherwise, it would really be a punch in the face of those who have always supported them.

1 minute ago, Chazy987 said:

It must be something important. There are no other roads. Mike, the guys, and the whole team know VERY well how much we await news. They can't speculate like this and then announce something small. It would not be correct and respectful. Furthermore, Mike has always said that in this case he would have stopped the hype train immediately. And he didn't. There must be something. Otherwise, it would really be a punch in the face of those who have always supported them.

totally. At this point I think it’s very safe to rule out the 4K upgrade theory.