QWERTY (Live in Tokyo, Japan 2006) Official Release

LPLStaff

Linkin Park has announced on social media that they will be releasing the fan-favorite "QWERTY" (live in Tokyo, Japan 2006) video on YouTube officially for the first time ever. The audio of the song was leaked online in 2006 and then included in the LP Underground 6 CD, but the video has not been officially released until now. It does appear that "QWERTY" (live) will appear on streaming with an audio release as well, judging by what the band has posted on YouTube for audio credits for the video.

LPLive posted a video rip of the song airing on TV in Japan, in 2009, after a very lengthy search to track down the song - this was the culmination of quite an effort to get the video and is the commonly seen video online. The release by the band could be slightly better quality, straight from the master tapes of the show, as well as slightly longer with the Japanese fan at the beginning introducing the song.

Linkin Park's show at Summer Sonic Tokyo 2006 remains one of the biggest sought-after concert releases for the band one day, following big releases by the band for Hybrid Theory 20 specifically with a Projekt Revolution 2002 proshot show, as well as an arsenal of shows for Meteora 20 that feature incredible live versions of songs. Tokyo contains the Xero track Reading My Eyes, QWERTY, and much more. 

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Linkin Park has announced on social media that they will be releasing the fan-favorite "QWERTY" (live in Tokyo, Japan 2006) video on YouTube officially for the first time ever. The audio of the song was leaked online in 2006 and then included in the LP Underground 6 CD, but the video has not been officially released until now. It does appear that "QWERTY" (live) will appear on streaming with an audio release as well, judging by what the band has posted on YouTube for audio credits for the video.

LPLive posted a video rip of the song airing on TV in Japan, in 2009, after a very lengthy search to track down the song - this was the culmination of quite an effort to get the video and is the commonly seen video online. The release by the band could be slightly better quality, straight from the master tapes of the show, as well as slightly longer with the Japanese fan at the beginning introducing the song.

Linkin Park's show at Summer Sonic Tokyo 2006 remains one of the biggest sought-after concert releases for the band one day, following big releases by the band for Hybrid Theory 20 specifically with a Projekt Revolution 2002 proshot show, as well as an arsenal of shows for Meteora 20 that feature incredible live versions of songs. Tokyo contains the Xero track Reading My Eyes, QWERTY, and much more. 

This is a small hope for a dream of many years...
I still believe the band will shared this full show with fans someday :)

Edited by thigolpbr

5 hours ago, BeardyWilderness said:

doowit egin 

i like the way you said that..

ANYWAY, HYPE FOR THIS RELEASES! CD Single for "QWERTY" gonna be fkin sick. 2006 songs revived back in 2024. after almost 20 years... 🥹🤘🎉💯

''QWERTY doesnt fit MTM''

Dude that's a lame excuse, MTM it's one of the albums that have a lot of very different tracks HHH doesnt sounds like anything else, Given Up vs In Between? 

I love MTM but it was so unbalanced too many mid tempo songs. QWERTY could have helped to have a better pace.

The band loves this track for sure, they knew that they messed up when left it out of MTM... thats why it was:

-Played again in 2007

-Mashup w Victimized in 2012

-Re released in 2024

''We are working on some more for you'' hopefully this is what the band is doing right now...

12 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Dude that's a lame excuse, MTM it's one of the albums that have a lot of very different tracks HHH doesnt sounds like anything else, Given Up vs In Between? 

I love MTM but it was so unbalanced too many mid tempo songs. QWERTY could have helped to have a better pace.

The band loves this track for sure, they knew that they messed up when left it out of MTM... thats why it was:

-Played again in 2007

-Re released in 2024

''We are working on some more for you'' hopefully this is what the band is doing right now...

You’re literally having an argument with yourself. No one in this topic said it doesn’t fit MTM.

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

That's why I didnt quote anybody.

Most of your posts are just defensive posts man, create some discussion atleast once lol.

You used “quotation marks”

and the same can be said about you. Unhinged moaning with a lack of any real logic or integrity.

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

-Played again in 2007

-Re released in 2024

Linkin Park left QWERTY out of Minutes to Midnight because MtM was supposed to be an album that was different from their past sound. In their minds probably there was no place for QWERTY (which is nu metal, their last nu metal song) on an album that was made to be a break point. Of course you can put QWERTY on every LP album (maybe not OML lol) and it would fit musically because LP albums are always multifaceted and not constrained to a single genre. But I can see why having QWERTY on MTM was conceptually wrong. It's not always just about the music but also what that music means to an artist. Also playing the song live months before the release of the album when they were still a long way from finishing it probably meant that they had already decided that QWERTY was not right for MTM. Of course Linkin Park loves QWERTY otherwise they would not have played it live in Japan.  They brought the song back from time to time because they were aware of the fact that it was a fan favourite. 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:39 PM, leftshoe18 said:

I wonder what kind of radio push QWERTY will get. I could see that song doing really well on rock radio.

I think that there will not be a significant radio push for QWERTY. I've heard it on the main rock radio in Italy but only because there was a 1 hour special dedicated to LP for the release of Papercuts. Imo qwerty will only be a digital single with minimal airplay

5 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

The video is really cool - glad they included the fan coming on stage. Would love to see the full show!

Me too Would love to see the full show!

Who knows, maybe the band will decide to release it...

I think QWERTY on MTM would have been kinda weird not because it heavy but because it’s nu metal, like, NMS is heavy but it’s a rock song. QWERTY would fit more on a record like THP, out of the non nu metal albums by the band. Certainly not on records like OML or ATS lol. LT maybe, considering there’s Victimized in there, and that record is a blend of “eras” 

17 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

I think QWERTY on MTM would have been kinda weird not because it heavy but because it’s nu metal, like, NMS is heavy but it’s a rock song. QWERTY would fit more on a record like THP, out of the non nu metal albums by the band. Certainly not on records like OML or ATS lol. LT maybe, considering there’s Victimized in there, and that record is a blend of “eras” 

The groovier feel of the live version gives off more of that nu-metal vibe while the studio version has more of a punky sound to it like Given Up. A version of it that resembles the studio demo would work just fine on MTM, in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

The groovier feel of the live version gives off more of that nu-metal vibe while the studio version has more of a punky sound to it like Given Up. A version of it that resembles the studio demo would work just fine on MTM, in my opinion.

People tend to exxagerate when they say that QWERTY doesnt fit in MTM, its the album that has a 18 second heavy ass screaming and then the next track is LOATR lol.

QWERTY shares elements from other songs from MTM... that punk feel from Given Up, Rap verses from BIO, agressive vocals from NMS.

the live version sounds like a Meteora song, the studio version definitely sounds like any of the heavy/rock songs from MTM.