QWERTY (Live in Tokyo, Japan 2006) Official Release

LPLStaff

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

People tend to exxagerate when they say that QWERTY doesnt fit in MTM, its the album that has a 18 second heavy ass screaming and then the next track is LOATR lol.

QWERTY shares elements from other songs from MTM... that punk feel from Given Up, Rap verses from BIO, agressive vocals from NMS.

the live version sounds like a Meteora song, the studio version definitely sounds like any of the heavy/rock songs from MTM.

I wouldn't have said better. Although in hindsight I'm glad that the mellow songs dominated MTM, they had to prove that they're weren't just a nu metal band. I wouldn't have included on MTM but perhaps as a B-Side on a CD single.

4 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

People tend to exxagerate when they say that QWERTY doesnt fit in MTM, its the album that has a 18 second heavy ass screaming and then the next track is LOATR lol.

QWERTY shares elements from other songs from MTM... that punk feel from Given Up, Rap verses from BIO, agressive vocals from NMS.

the live version sounds like a Meteora song, the studio version definitely sounds like any of the heavy/rock songs from MTM.

Come on this is not true. Even the studio version is clearly nu metal. Given up, no more sorrow and bleed it out (the 3 heaviest songs on MTM) don't sound like QWERTY at all. MTM has a lot of different genres in it so QWERTY could fit like any other song but the only specific imposed by LP of a MTM song is to not be "Nu metal" so QWERTY clearly fails that requirements. There's too much continuity with the past in QWERTY to fit in an album that wants to break from the past so bad.

16 hours ago, ScottiePippo said:

Come on this is not true. Even the studio version is clearly nu metal. Given up, no more sorrow and bleed it out (the 3 heaviest songs on MTM) don't sound like QWERTY at all. MTM has a lot of different genres in it so QWERTY could fit like any other song but the only specific imposed by LP of a MTM song is to not be "Nu metal" so QWERTY clearly fails that requirements. There's too much continuity with the past in QWERTY to fit in an album that wants to break from the past so bad.

I mainly agree on this. Like, even tho it wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb like, say, on OML, I feel QWERTY is more nu metal-ish even in the studio form