"Guilty All The Same" 10 Anniversary and THP Celebration!

martinez

On March 7 "Guilty All The Same" the main single off The Hunting party turned 10 anniversary. In celebration of that on March 10, at 11:00 AM PDT we will be streaming the whole album and we'll be using the Linkinpedia account to tweet some facts about each song while we listen to them.

Join and stream the album on Spotify with us!

GUILTY ALL THE SAME is technically "out of the box" for LP musical style. those riff, solos. dont forget about the legendary guest on the track. like, how the f**k they got RAKIM on the track, which is brand new song, not some remix shit. 😭🤘💯🎉 i remember that during the promo for the song, you've got to Shazam any LP tracks and you got a link to listen to "GUILTY ALL THE SAME".

Happy 10th Anniversary, GUILTY ALL THE SAME!

It's a shame that the fkin label hate the entire album & excluding any tracks from THP into the Greatest Hits album. 

Man, I still remember hearing GATS for the first time, I was blown away.  And then I got my roommate pissed off because of over-playing the shit out of it the next morning 😃

In the context of the time,  after ATS and Living Things had been diving deeper and deeper into electronic elements, a 6 min long hard rock track was a huge curve-ball from the band.

Such a banger as well, one of the best track from that record.

Edited by Qwerty18

I remember waking up, trying to Shazam a couple of songs because my first choice didn't work, and then plugging my phone to my stereo.

I was so excited to listen to a brand new, heavy, Linkin Park song.

Still love GATS to this day

I still dont understand WHY as the lead single of your next album someone decides that its a great idea to NOT SHOOT A PROPER VIDEO and instead have a Windows Media Player animation as your video hahahaha

fuck you whoever took that decision. this song with a proper video could have been a success.

3 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I still dont understand WHY as the lead single of your next album someone decides that its a great idea to NOT SHOOT A PROPER VIDEO and instead have a Windows Media Player animation as your video hahahaha

fuck you whoever took that decision. this song with a proper video could have been a success.

For real, that video must be in the top 5 worst decisions of LP's history 😅 

This song was asking for some proper adrenaline-packed "band performance" shoots. Could have multiply the impact of the single by 10.

2 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

For real, that video must be in the top 5 worst decisions of LP's history 😅 

This song was asking for some proper adrenaline-packed "band performance" shoots. Could have multiply the impact of the single by 10.

IMO not really, I love GATS to death but the band had done tons of "energetic performance" MVs and GATS is a 5+ minute metal song with Rakim that sounds nothing like the firecracker catchy LP people love, the song was never gonna get much bigger than it did imo. The video would have to have a hell of a gimmick or something truly interesting to watch. One other thing that would've helped would be a single edit that drastically reduced the length, but I don't think they wanted to butcher the VISCERAL full track

The only thing that might've changed that is inclusion in Transformers 4 or something, but that movie also flopped in the US. Audiences were moving on from both LP and TF at that time

Also, this thread reminds me we have no demos of THP songs really, I'd love to hear what alternate ideas exist for GATS. Didn't Mike say he did a rap bridge at some point? Such a behemoth of a song man, and what a curve ball at the time. I love listening to ALTNC and it back to back just to hear the range. 

Wow! It’s been a DECADE?! It feels like just yesterday to me, I remember when it dropped and I was absolutely blown away.

Just listened to the song, it’s still a freaking banger, entire THP album is underrated to be honest. Especially Rob’s drumming, it’s absolutely insane on the album. It sucks that THP is kind of under the radar, people were asking for “heavy” for years and they got it!

THP is arguably the heaviest album LP did, and that’s probably why it wasn’t promoted well by the label. I remember Chester saying on Twitter in 2017 that GATS was “too rock for radio”. Also the video they did was a very puzzling decision, a proper music video instead would’ve been much better. 

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

On 3/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, Stranger said:

like, how the f**k they got RAKIM on the track, which is brand new song, not some remix shit.

I think it was Mike who made an off handed comment about how awesome it would be to have someone like Rakim on the track, and their engineer was like “Oh, I just did a record with him. Want me to give him a call?”

3 hours ago, linkindan said:

I think it was Mike who made an off handed comment about how awesome it would be to have someone like Rakim on the track, and their engineer was like “Oh, I just did a record with him. Want me to give him a call?”

oh yess!!! it was Mike. it was a great decision ever! LP with Rakim, two legends together. but now it made senses, why GATS or the rest of THP being hated by the label. Rakim's verse is one of the reason. he dissed the record label straight forward.

3 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Not having Rebellion as the first single might be the weirdest decision of their career 

Rebellion is a great track but it's not really LP-style-ish. if the song hit the radio randomly, ppl might think it's System of A Down track.

1 hour ago, Somebodyangry said:

Listening to the full album right now, I’ll get a lot of hate for this but if I had to rank it, UIG would be higher in the list than KTTK, AFN, GATS, War for sure. 

Please somebody ban him forever 

When GATS dropped I was living in a hotel during a very rough period of my life. I remember it as one of few things that excited me at the time and I listened to it a lot. As dumb as it sounds, looking forward to THP was a big part of grounding me and pushing me forward for those few months.

3 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

When GATS dropped I was living in a hotel during a very rough period of my life. I remember it as one of few things that excited me at the time and I listened to it a lot. As dumb as it sounds, looking forward to THP was a big part of grounding me and pushing me forward for those few months.

I get that feeling, hardest period of my life right now, that’s why I love FF so much probably, new comfort music from my fav band

GATS is an incredible song. It has so much momentum and dynamism to it that it doesn't really feel like it's six and a half minutes - this probably comes off as hyperbole but I feel like it and The Little Things Give You Away are the two songs in LP's catalogue that most feel like you're being taken on a journey through the song, with distinct movements to them. A Line in the Sand has this same structure but it doesn't hit quite the same as those two.

I did this as a personal take on my least fav record by them 

THP REIMAGINED (same number of songs): 

1. Wastelands

2. White Noise 

3. GATS (radio edit but with the standard long intro)

4. KTTK (Chester just sings instead of yelling and there's no "I am not allowed to say certain things" outro)

5. The Summoning 

6. War 

7. UIG (no baby crying outro) 

8 Rebellion 

9. MTG 

10 ALITS (cut the rap part, ending gets shortened with less repetition of "give me back what's mine") 

11. Drawbar 

12 Final Masquerade (extended intro and outro video version)

Edited by Somebodyangry

I believe it was Chester who prefers "The Hunting Party" instead of "Carnivores" because he said "Carnivores" just a word and it translate really well while "The Hunting Party", it's something that need to be figure out and mysteriously. i might be wrong on that but i watched the LPUTV recently.

9 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

I did this as a personal take on my least fav record by them 

THP REIMAGINED (same number of songs): 

1. Wastelands

2. White Noise 

3. GATS (radio edit but with the standard long intro)

4. KTTK (Chester just sings instead of yelling and there's no "I am not allowed to say certain things" outro)

5. The Summoning 

6. War 

7. UIG (no baby crying outro) 

8 Rebellion 

9. MTG 

10 ALITS (cut the rap part, ending gets shortened with less repetition of "give me back what's mine") 

11. Drawbar 

12 Final Masquerade (extended intro and outro video version)

yikes 🤢

24 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

yikes 🤢

Haha, sorry. I still do like THP as it is but it's my least fav album by LP and it's the one I would "reimagine" the most. I love heavy LP but not that kind of heavy  TBH.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:53 AM, bloodbath said:

I've always said it, people didn't wanted a "heavy" LP record, they wanted Meteors/HT all over again

Nailed it.

Those sounds defined LINKIN PARK. MTM, ATS were cool experimentations but HT/MET will always be their SIGNATURE SOUND. It's 2024 but it's still sound fresh and unique for a 20+ year old albums.