"Guilty All The Same" 10 Anniversary and THP Celebration!

martinez

8 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Nailed it.

Those sounds defined LINKIN PARK. MTM, ATS were cool experimentations but HT/MET will always be their SIGNATURE SOUND. It's 2024 but it's still sound fresh and unique for a 20+ year old albums.

Exactly man

Everything on HT and M sound like they were recorded yesterday.

Even the synth sounds that they used they dont sound like something outdated, the drums and guitar sound really nice too.

16 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Exactly man

Everything on HT and M sound like they were recorded yesterday.

Even the synth sounds that they used they dont sound like something outdated, the drums and guitar sound really nice too.

I don't mind an old-school LP album with Shinoda as a lead singer as long it's in the style of Nobody's Listening, High Voltage (HTEP), etc. Give Joe Hahn something to do beside pressing the MIDI. Let him scratch like he used to. 

3 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I don't mind an old-school LP album with Shinoda as a lead singer as long it's in the style of Nobody's Listening, High Voltage (HTEP), etc. Give Joe Hahn something to do beside pressing the MIDI. Let him scratch like he used to. 

Thata would only work if they play small venues.

11 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

8 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Thata would only work if they play small venues.

You have to exactly replicate the 2000-2005 sound, can't be too Carousel or else people ain't gonna like it. 

11 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

Why replicate the sound of 20 years ago ? That’s not what I would find exciting TBH

Because it's their true SIGNATURE sound? why pretend to be somebody else when you have the starpower of HT and Meteora. Heck, LP could've had been bigger than Coldplay or Taylor Swift today.

13 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

Why replicate the sound of 20 years ago ? That’s not what I would find exciting TBH

almost every modern metal/popmetal band did the LP sound is one way or another in past ten years.  it's time to show them how it's done properly :D

1 hour ago, Bambitt said:

almost every modern metal/popmetal band did the LP sound is one way or another in past ten years.  it's time to show them how it's done properly :D

Haha yeah, it’s full of band who has Meteora/HT elements 

There's a whole genre right now that's basically early Linkin Park.

All those new "post-metalcore" bands are clearly heavy-influenced.

Just play the playlist "The Core" on Spotify and you will basically hear modern-faster-Linkin Park.

Edited by vinifeijo

On 3/14/2024 at 6:34 PM, bloodbath said:

Am I the only one who thinks that, if they come back, they should do something completely unexpected? Not a nu metal revival, not a mixture of sounds... Just another reinvention.

in my mind the only thing that could work for them is to have some songs like Its going down, Papercut... do something like P.O.D or Limp Bizkit.

If the next album is OML 2 its going to flop for sure. 

close the circle with a nu metal revival, bring back some Xero elements w Mike going all out with some nice riffs in the background.

They should have the mindset like when they were recording Meteora... in a sense that they basically have no songs to play w Mike as a lead singer, they need more songs that would work on a live environment.

OML live is just ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzZZzZzzZ.........

Imagine brad stepping up to the plate doing lead vocals on more songs, harmonizing with Mike and the rest of the band. If thy bring the right elements forward and make an album around those elements they could def pulled this off, while it also being focused for the live environment. 

11 minutes ago, AceWav said:

Imagine brad stepping up to the plate doing lead vocals on more songs, harmonizing with Mike and the rest of the band. If thy bring the right elements forward and make an album around those elements they could def pulled this off, while it also being focused for the live environment. 

Brad's vocals are very weak.

3 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Brad's vocals are very weak.

Yes but there’s always room for improvement. It’s not like he’s stuck where he’s at and can’t go any further. Plus, do we really know what Brad can really do? He only sang on one song. 

On 3/16/2024 at 5:12 PM, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

in my mind the only thing that could work for them is to have some songs like Its going down, Papercut... do something like P.O.D or Limp Bizkit.

If the next album is OML 2 its going to flop for sure. 

close the circle with a nu metal revival, bring back some Xero elements w Mike going all out with some nice riffs in the background.

They should have the mindset like when they were recording Meteora... in a sense that they basically have no songs to play w Mike as a lead singer, they need more songs that would work on a live environment.

OML live is just ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzZZzZzzZ.........

OML live is what a live of OML should be, they cut some hits and that is weird but I love that they had the balls to put out a live album with 90% songs off that record

56 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

OML live is what a live of OML should be, they cut some hits and that is weird but I love that they had the balls to put out a live album with 90% songs off that record

I wasnt talking about the album OML Live. I was talking about a possible new tour with Mike singing a lot of OML tracks, its going to be boring.