Record Store Day Exclusive: Dead By Sunrise w/ Las Vegas 2009 Show

LPLStaff

On 3/7/2024 at 10:14 AM, LPLStaff said:

Completely floored Linkin Park has not mentioned this once in any email, social media reshare, or anything, but they absolutely hammer anything Mike does by including it in the LP emails and socials. Even sending some Mike-only stuff to the LP email list. What gives? It's been weird with DBS since day one - they didn't even have a website. Why, the label didn't want to pay for them to have one?

Linkin Park hasn’t backed anythimg ‘’Chester’’ since he passed. First it was Cross Off, then Grey Daze, which is understandable, Talinda’s Chester Bennington Clothing Store that I personally have bought many items from, and now Dead By Sunrise. Sean Dowdell and Samantha and Draven and shit think it’s Mike that tried to not support any of his side bands and stuff but it never was. It was more the label and maybe even Brad, honestly. Mike always supported Chester doing stuff outside of LP, if you look at the performance in 2006 when Chester joined The Doors, Mike was side stage, there’s a photo. He also posted about DBS on his blog very early on, remember that iconic photo of Chester holding the demo CD? Mike also is the reason DBS played during LP’s shows in 2009.

I’m starting to think Brad has always been the leader of the band. Once you read Jeff Blue’s book you will understand. And also, Mike’s ‘’ask Brad’’ comment about Papercuts totally sold me on that idea. We never knew it but Brad was very much behind everything the band did. Not saying it’s bad. I love Brad, of course. But yeah. 

I mean he was even heavily involved with Fort Minor, being A&R. Wasn’t Bandmerch Brad’s company too back in the 2000’s? Because all the epic stuff I have from the 2000’s, my clothes, backpacks, all kinds of shit, was bought directly from LP and like Hot Topic and shit. And it was all band merch. Brad was heavily involved in that.

Honestly, if there ever were arguments in the studio or disagreements, I can see it being between Mike and Brad now. It’s clear to me now. Linkin Park is really Brad’s band. You have to read the Jeff Blue book to really get insight on it too. And I’m not saying Brad is bad or anything. I love Brad. I just think we as fans never really knew this stuff before. 

Edited by NotAlone24

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stores are posting their Record Store Day lists. Some don't have this release at all and others have just a few copies. This release is going to go really quickly, to no one's surprise. Hopefully this incentives the label to keep putting more DBS out.

2 hours ago, Stewe said:

Is possible to have the acoustic show uploaded here, since I don't buy vinyl and it seems that is not available on streaming?

The only links you'd see here are the ones that are technically 'legally' fine to be shared. I'm no law/music expert so yeah.

36 minutes ago, RentEznor said:

The only links you'd see here are the ones that are technically 'legally' fine to be shared. I'm no law/music expert so yeah.

Yeah, but this is released on vinyl only 

Got my copy without much issue - my local store had 6 when I got there in the late morning. Missed out on the Paramore/David Byrne 7'', though - no chance of getting that without lining up, I'd imagine. Overall, another successful RSD.