Record Store Day Exclusive: Dead By Sunrise w/ Las Vegas 2009 Show

LPLStaff

1 hour ago, Astat said:

Also LP take note and release the other Roxy show tracks for Collision Course 20 PLZ

understatement

1 hour ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

Or UNO-reverse it. Julien-K with Styles of Beyond rapping verses.

that's actually a wild idea and someone should seriously suggest them to do something with rap one day!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

Or UNO-reverse it. Julien-K with Styles of Beyond rapping verses.

We seriously need to make this happen.

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Does DBS has some other unreleased tracks or full shows?

Yes. After Chester passed they said they planned to use the Dead By Sunrise social accounts to post unreleased music. Unfortunately, Julien-K doesn't own any of the music, so they weren't able to do anything with it. Getting this release approved was huge for them. I hope this means more Dead By Sunrise is coming in the future.

Not a big fan of vinyl, TBH, I've never liked any Linkin Park related RSD since they're always just a reissue with some absurd colors and that's it. 

This one though is different, it has exclusive and unreleased material. It's worth having.

10 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Styles of Beyond did a numetak track and it's actually good

https://youtu.be/kRrOq4NipQQ

Such a 2000s song but it’s very decent, I quite like some of Celldweller's stuff myself, and SOB of course. 

5 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Not a big fan of vinyl, TBH, I've never liked any Linkin Park related RSD since they're always just a reissue with some absurd colors and that's it. 

This one though is different, it has exclusive and unreleased material. It's worth having.

I get why many like vinyl over CD or digital, I own a couple of original pressing releases and nothing beats that organic sound, but each to his own. Very excited over this and hopefully I can get one, never got the chance to own the original 2009 vinyl release (allegedly a bit expensive). I assume it will be updated on digital platforms.

Edited by RentEznor

Was hoping for Demos from 2005 or maybe even the 2008 demo sessions. Or 20 Eyes from the Out Of Ashes takes. 

I guess it’s a cool release since people sell the Out Of Ashes vinyl for so much money online it’s ridiculous. Making Chester proud with that price. At least people will be able to get the album on vinyl now that didn’t get the original one in 2009 without having to pay half a grand. 

Maybe if this sells well Warner will want to do a Out Of Ashes box set with demos and unreleased tracks, etc. That’s what I’m really hoping for. So much more demos then what was on that Chester Bennington Demo CD that leaked in 2018.

Not a fan of live DBS unfortunately unless we’re talking the 2005 Let Down performance or the 2008 Club Tattoo set. But I’m glad people are happy to be getting this show released. Chester was talking about putting out the show back in 2009 when he was referring to releasing acoustic tracks, he never meant acoustic studio recordings, he was talking about these but LPL didn’t understand at the time. That’s why we got Let Down and Morning After from it already back then. So I’m assuming that’s why it’s getting released here because it was already planned at one time. 

42 minutes ago, DBSFan101 said:

Was hoping for Demos from 2005 or maybe even the 2008 demo sessions. Or 20 Eyes from the Out Of Ashes takes. 

I guess it’s a cool release since people sell the Out Of Ashes vinyl for so much money online it’s ridiculous. Making Chester proud with that price. At least people will be able to get the album on vinyl now that didn’t get the original one in 2009 without having to pay half a grand. 

Maybe if this sells well Warner will want to do a Out Of Ashes box set with demos and unreleased tracks, etc. That’s what I’m really hoping for. So much more demos then what was on that Chester Bennington Demo CD that leaked in 2018.

Not a fan of live DBS unfortunately unless we’re talking the 2005 Let Down performance or the 2008 Club Tattoo set. But I’m glad people are happy to be getting this show released. Chester was talking about putting out the show back in 2009 when he was referring to releasing acoustic tracks, he never meant acoustic studio recordings, he was talking about these but LPL didn’t understand at the time. That’s why we got Let Down and Morning After from it already back then. So I’m assuming that’s why it’s getting released here because it was already planned at one time. 

We need a DBS boxset to close the circle.

This release is cool to get the acoustic tracks. But I do really hope we will also get DBS demos someday as someone said. I know some titles of unreleased DBS music. It would be cool if somebody adds the eventually missing titles existing in the list I write here:

-Lincoln car ad demo
-Split personality
-Wall of sound
-Hard life
-Evil twin

5 hours ago, DBSFan101 said:

It's pretty publicly known Ryan and Amir have been trying for many years to get this stuff released and have hit road blocks every step of the way, even with this release. When the demos leaked Ryan said he was trying to push a demos/vault release through and was getting some opposition about it. If there was no label involvement they'd probably release every single thing they had.

They are good acoustically. When/where did Chester say that? We can add it to the wiki. We need some good DBS interviews/quotes to add to the DBS pages.

4 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

We need a DBS boxset to close the circle.

They've tried. This is a label hold-up at this point. They couldn't even put the DBS set on the Julien-K box set from the 2011 show. The Stars of the Season show. They sound absolutely amazing on the two Julien-K songs in that set, what a great idea it was to play Palm Springs Reset, I'll Try Not to Destroy You and The Messenger in that. We need that full show badly.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mrfox said:

What about cd version, will it be avaible too?

Maybe not for CD. On Facebook, DBS said they specially mastered the Vegas tracks for vinyl. I hope they at least put it on digital platforms… and it’s not a case like when the Post Traumatic b-sides originally were not on digital, didn’t it take a few months at least of begging Mike to get them added? This DBS show is too good not to be on streaming. I have Apple Music, I hope they just delete the album and Let Down (Live) Single that they have up and just put up this version of Out Of Ashes instead. 

Completely floored Linkin Park has not mentioned this once in any email, social media reshare, or anything, but they absolutely hammer anything Mike does by including it in the LP emails and socials. Even sending some Mike-only stuff to the LP email list. What gives? It's been weird with DBS since day one - they didn't even have a website. Why, the label didn't want to pay for them to have one?

30 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Completely floored Linkin Park has not mentioned this once in any email, social media reshare, or anything, but they absolutely hammer anything Mike does by including it in the LP emails and socials. Even sending some Mike-only stuff to the LP email list. What gives? It's been weird with DBS since day one - they didn't even have a website. Why, the label didn't want to pay for them to have one?

My feeling is that DBS was created in a very bad moment in Chester's life. He was going off the rails in that moment i guess that the band and label thought that something negative could happen to Chester if he sticked w them. When it was about Chester they always put a barrier... remember the Grey Daze reunion in 2002? blocking the collab w Slash? 

Yeah but in 2017 didn't they put the Grey Daze announcement on LP socials? It seems to be something about Dead By Sunrise. I'm sure if I looked back at the 2009 LP emails, they had DBS in those, because there are like, LPTV episodes about DBS. But why would they not share the vinyl? This is the most exciting thing going on right now.