Linkinpedia Updates

LPLStaff

Hi everyone!

You may have noticed some changes with Linkinpedia. To start, it has been a very long time since we updated the Linkinpedia database. We are going through some much-needed updating right now as we gear up for 2024 and beyond. We are fortunate to have @Rasputin 93 from the amazing RammWiki on the team to help lead and guide us through our next steps with the wiki.

You may have observed URLs not working for a few days - we will be using new links going into the future. This is a minor inconvenience for all of the new capabilities and features we'll have access to in order to grow the wiki. For now, please access the site at Linkinpedia.com and browse & search from there. The new URLs will be cached online soon enough and we'll grow into using the new (shorter) link format. We have redirected all of the old URLs to the new pages.

When we started Linkinpedia in 2015, we honestly did not think it would be going strong over eight and a half years later. It was a risk - a big one - but we are very happy with where we are now. We are appreciative to everyone for being with us through the ups and downs since we created not just the wiki, but LPLive itself as well. We fully intend to keep both LPLive and Linkinpedia going forever and to cover all of the upcoming projects, releases, news, and shows from all of the acts. We are looking forward to the future of both sites.

Thanks for your understanding! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 4:21 PM, martinez said:

Shame, I liked it a lot and already got used to it.

So, the error is gone now?

We might reintroduce it down the line, but we need to cover some basic work first. Optional design features like dark mode are the least priority for now.

I didn't clear the cookies because i want to have it in dark mode for now. But when I go with the private mode then there is everything ok, except the hide function - credits/lyrics are not hidden by default as it was previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Some stuff that you can update:

- add "Lost" to Singles / Promos section on discography

- add a note to Already Over Acapella/Instrumental the ones released for free download were unmastered and that the mastered version was later released with Already Over Sessions EP. You can split them, because the acapella unmastered version released for free has different length than the mastered that was released with the EP.

I keep having issues while searching. For example I try to look for a song and sometimes it doesn’t even come up even when I type it correctly word for word.

Also I have a suggestion, is it possible to make the old theme an option? I’ve used MediaWiki before and theres an option to allow people to switch themes. I personally prefer the old one more but that’s just personal preference and just a suggestion other than that the new changes to the wiki have been great.

Honestly I love Linkinpedia along the work and effort you put into it. I liked the old layout more but this is nice as well. Only confusing thing is that concert pages appear constantly when I hit random page. Used to be Touring Summaries at best, I kinda miss the randomness and trivia. But that's just my opinion. If you guys ever need help, I got no rep, but hmu whenever :)

On 1/19/2024 at 3:47 AM, epicgaming1003 said:

I keep having issues while searching. For example I try to look for a song and sometimes it doesn’t even come up even when I type it correctly word for word.

Can you provide an example and send screenshots of the result?

6 hours ago, LPsMart said:

Only confusing thing is that concert pages appear constantly when I hit random page.

We'll discuss if those will be excluded down the line.

3 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Can you provide an example and send screenshots of the result?

We'll discuss if those will be excluded down the line.

So I figured it out. It seems to be that the search bar is case sensitive and I would type names of stuff without their proper capitalization.

file-1705791831352.png 

file-1705791892151.png

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion to remove following paragraph from the Papercuts page: 

"They basically took first 18 of top Spotify streams, with just 2 songs switched - Given Up and Heavy being replaced with Lost and WFTE This release is literally the most popular songs of theirs it’s not “the best songs” or band’s choice."

17 hours ago, RayGun4200 said:

It seems if I click an image on Linkinpedia it tells me Login Required, it seems that way for all images on site 

for example if I click this it'll tell me Login Required https://linkinpedia.com/wiki/File:Single-Crawling_Cover.jpg

What happens when you click images from an article?

The behavior should be to just open the respective image in a gallery pop up.

5 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

What happens when you click images from an article?

The behavior should be to just open the respective image in a gallery pop up.

Same thing I think pretty much any thing/link that sends me to the JPG view, but If I click the photos on the main page it shows the correct stuff like the Discography but I'd imagine that's cause it's not an actual view of the JPG