Warner Music Fixing "Hybrid Theory 20" Box Sets... Again? ("LPU Rarities"?)

LPLStaff

On 12/23/2022 at 12:07 AM, Energy said:

I don’t know. Parcels are getting priority here. Won’t be holding my breath for it though!

also how the hell are you? You vanished off all social media just as I was trying to message you. :D

I'm still available on Messenger and have been trying to quit Insta too. Social media has a huge influence of so much evil that I'm no longer interested in using it haha.

But I'm good man! How are you?

Packages to Southern Germany came both 23rd and 30th of December, one had been stuck in Leipzig, probably due to import issues with packages from UK to EU.

Containing the same MS lithograph as last time but additionally with JH and FM. LPU Rarities in often mentioned paper packaging. All the DVDs in original paper cover, including the third one this time. Same concert pass as the last replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I bought my box set not through official Warner store, opened it and surely it has errors everyone has. So I wrote a message to Warner (the email provided especially for HT20) and got a reply:

Hello Vladislav, Many thanks for your e-mail. We have looked into your enquiry and it appears that this order wasn't placed with us. Please locate your order confirmation email and contact the company that sent you that email. Alternatively, if you no longer have that email please look on your bank statement for the name of the company to whom the money for the order went and contact them directly. I'm sorry I could not be of more help. Warm wishes, Scott Warner Music Customer Services (UK & Europe)

Really? How should I get the replacements for the lytho and pass?

4 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I think those of us who didn't buy it through Warner are just shit outta luck.

I didn't buy mine through Warner but I still got the replacements after applying for it back in 2021, they must've added me to their database after that since I just got the new replacements. If you contact Warner and provide them with proof of purchase it might work

Edited by HybridSuns

On 2/1/2023 at 12:19 PM, leftshoe18 said:

I think those of us who didn't buy it through Warner are just shit outta luck.

Yeah no, I think they don't even check on that. I even think they would send it to anyone willing to give mail and e-mail adress.

Edited by LPsMart

They did a very bad job contacting the purchasers of the box set. This is on the label. The USA people didn't get any sort of emails, right? We had to go out of our way to ask for a link from someone in the UK/Europe with a link to apply for replacement pieces. It was geographically restricted it seems. And if you didn't buy it through Warner you were screwed it seems. WTF?

3 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

They did a very bad job contacting the purchasers of the box set. This is on the label. The USA people didn't get any sort of emails, right? We had to go out of our way to ask for a link from someone in the UK/Europe with a link to apply for replacement pieces. It was geographically restricted it seems. And if you didn't buy it through Warner you were screwed it seems. WTF?

That's incredibly sad they basically locked out non-Warner customers and never notified USA buyers, must be wanting to increase sales on their end. What I find odd about these HT20 replacement kits is that they're willing to ship out replacements to people who don't even have the box and won't ship to people who do have the box?? That makes no sense to me how people who have the box can't even get a replacement kit, while I'm able to order a replacement kit without a box and no proof, and it even arrived (as you can see with the below message). Terrible job, Warner. Terrible job.

IMG_0258.JPG

Edited by capoofan3

4 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Well shit does anybody have the link/contact so I can try this again?

i've got the link, but submissions through it are closed. in the email they sent with tracking info, it was said to "please get in touch by emailing us at uk-customerserviceteam@wmgcustomerservice.com" so try that maybe? in the past, i've also seen another email (ht20@wmgcustomerservice.com) so try that too?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how to get any replacements. In particular the LPU Rarities CD?

I remember when rumors first started about the LPU Rarities disc probably being replaced I got an email saying that they would not be replaced in the foreseeable future. Later I learned that the sign up process was in effect at the same time. HOWEVER: I was never informed of that. They're like "sign up here" but I didn't even know I had to sign up anywhere. And so I tried to tell them and their response is basically "Well signups are closed theres nothing we can do". Honestly. I am pretty pissed right now

9 hours ago, rd1994 said:

Does anybody know how to get any replacements. In particular the LPU Rarities CD?

I remember when rumors first started about the LPU Rarities disc probably being replaced I got an email saying that they would not be replaced in the foreseeable future. Later I learned that the sign up process was in effect at the same time. HOWEVER: I was never informed of that. They're like "sign up here" but I didn't even know I had to sign up anywhere. And so I tried to tell them and their response is basically "Well signups are closed theres nothing we can do". Honestly. I am pretty pissed right now

Try with the emails attached above, hope you're lucky... BTW, from where did you bought it?

12 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Try with the emails attached above, hope you're lucky... BTW, from where did you bought it?

Guess what: I did. All of them. All with the same result "The sign up period has ended. There is nothing we can do"

I bought it from Amazon

Like I said I am quite furious

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 9:40 PM, rd1994 said:

Guess what: I did. All of them. All with the same result "The sign up period has ended. There is nothing we can do"

I bought it from Amazon

Like I said I am quite furious

Yeah I’m quite annoyed too.

I spent a lot of money on this super-deluxe package which I was initially happy with but it’s now incredibly disappointing to hear that they will replace the faulty products for some global regions but other regions will ignore.

I reached out to the Australian company that distributed for Warner and they replied with one line “Sorry, this has gone past the return policy.”.

Maybe I should of reacted sooner, but I feel like a lot of us were patiently waiting for Warner to ‘reach out’ to the customers affected - now time has passed.

Warner should have set up a Replacement program, so for those affected can register for a replacement instead of the other way around because obviously that didn’t work as well.

4 hours ago, dampney said:

Warner should have set up a Replacement program, so for those affected can register for a replacement instead of the other way around because obviously that didn’t work as well.

That is exactly how it worked? If you bought it from a third party, how is Warner supposed to know about your purchase and your contact information? They can’t so they created a sign up page were you were able to register for replacements but they were only able to contact people who purchased it from them directly. I think there were people on here who registered for those replacements and also got them, even though they bought it from somewhere else. If you didn‘t get that information it is probably up to the company who handled distribution in your region. 

Sucks to read all of this. Unfortunately, with big releases, this seems to be a common trend nowadays with box sets/vinyl. This is not exclusive to WB either. I'm pushing 1k pieces in my record collection, and I've noticed a steep drop in QC on major releases in the past couple years. All the big names. I wanted LP Rarities on Vinyl, so I just got the regular HT box set so I didn't know about the big box set issues. There have been a few big releases I had to buy/return several times. I collect, but I also listen to every record I get. I try to spin them within a few days of receiving them. Beastie Boys Hello Nasty took 3 tries. First time, 2x copies of Side C/D and second time both LPs were warped but packaging/sleeve was perfect (most likely warped at the plant from not letting them cool/rest long enough).

On 3/22/2023 at 12:39 PM, Coizu said:

That is exactly how it worked? If you bought it from a third party, how is Warner supposed to know about your purchase and your contact information? They can’t so they created a sign up page were you were able to register for replacements but they were only able to contact people who purchased it from them directly. I think there were people on here who registered for those replacements and also got them, even though they bought it from somewhere else. If you didn‘t get that information it is probably up to the company who handled distribution in your region. 

IMO what they could've done is send out an email to their mailing list subscribers with further instructions. Because lets face it. If warner tells me the LPU Rarities don't get replaced for me its the end of that but the thing which pisses me off is that the date I was informed that they're not planning on doing a reshipment was during the time period where they were accepting signups for another replacement batch. And again I was not aware of that campaign because I am not aware of socials 24/7

1 hour ago, rd1994 said:

IMO what they could've done is send out an email to their mailing list subscribers with further instructions.

They can't just do that. When someone subscribes to mailing list, the user gives consent for a very specific usage of the address they provided. In some areas of the world (e.g. the EU) regulations and laws around stuff like that got very strict and no sane company wants to screw around with it. Also imagine how many people who never bought the boxset would have signed up for the replacement if they knew it was freely available? As I said, the only reasonable solution would have been for Warner to make resellers aware and those resellers then contact their customers.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:39 AM, Coizu said:

They excluded US fans from it. It was international only. In fact the first one was UK/EU only and I thought that's what the second one was too until some fans in Mexico and South America mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 10:39 PM, Coizu said:

When I say third-party, I mean the Warner distribution in Australia was handled by a company Warner chose. + There was never any talk about the replacement program coming to Australia, I’m yet to hear anyone here who had the opportunity as the UK/EU (some US) did.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:23 AM, Coizu said:

They can't just do that. When someone subscribes to mailing list, the user gives consent for a very specific usage of the address they provided. In some areas of the world (e.g. the EU) regulations and laws around stuff like that got very strict and no sane company wants to screw around with it. Also imagine how many people who never bought the boxset would have signed up for the replacement if they knew it was freely available? As I said, the only reasonable solution would have been for Warner to make resellers aware and those resellers then contact their customers.

They can totally email the mailing list about the replacement (lack of) program. They always include news about LP to the mailing list - this is LP news: Easy. Could of. Didn’t though.