Warner Music Fixing "Hybrid Theory 20" Box Sets... Again? ("LPU Rarities"?)

LPLStaff

In October 2020, we reported on issues about the misprints and errors on the Hybrid Theory 20 box set.

Linkin Park said, "We’ve heard from some European fans who have unfortunately received HT:20 Super Deluxe Box Sets that included mislabeled DVDs & had issues with the laminate & MS lithograph. Please email ht20@wmgcustomerservice.com for further updates on providing replacements for these elements.

Your code for the digital download link that is included in the Super Deluxe Box Set has now also been updated with corrected versions of “Hurry” and “Chair” from the LPU Rarities disc."

From Discogs:

"There are several pressing errors on this box set:
- The "Frat Party At The Pankake Festival" and "Fillmore 2001 / Rock Am Ring 2001" DVDs have the actual content of the DVDs swapped around.
- Mike's lithograph is pixelated and the Projekt Revolution 2002 backstage pass wasn't laminated. These problems aren't present in the US version.
- There is an error in the credits of every pressing of the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl: Mike Shinoda isn't credited for producing and mixing "Technique (Short)", instead, he is credited for "And One" twice.
- "Hurry" and "Chair" are incomplete on every CD of "LPU Rarities"."

In late 2020/early 2020, fixed elements of the box set were sent to fans (two DVDs, Mike's lithograph and the backstage pass). However, Mike's lithograph was still blurry/pixelated.  Unfortunately, the LPU Rarities disc was not replaced with the "Hurry" and "Chair" incomplete versions.

And then sometime after this, the "LPU Rarities" CD WAS replaced for only some fans, with the two songs being fixed with their full versions. It is unclear to us exactly how many fans received the fixed "LPU Rarities" CD and how the process went for getting that exact CD replaced, because the original 2020 replacement fix did not even include the CD. The fixed "LPU Rarities" CD is somewhat of a rarity itself. Where did it even come from at that time?

To add a brand new twist to the story...

In November 2022, fans received emails that said, "We're getting in touch with you, following your contact with us previously, regarding some issues you'd experienced with your original purchase of the Linkin Park Hybrid Theory boxset. We want to apologise for the length of time it has taken to get this resolved for you. So that we can process your complimentary replacement just for you, please provide your details on the Linkin Park Replacement sign up page." We have received confirmation from a few fans today that these replacement items have now been shipped out this week.

So, more items are being replaced for fans - maybe for those who weren't included in the first batch in 2020? Or the fixed "LPU Rarities" CD is going out to a larger batch of fans this time?

As of this posting, it appears Europe is now getting two sets of replacement items overall. However, the fix does appear to be for fans across the entire globe as we are now getting updates that fans in locations like Mexico, Peru, etc are getting their items replaced as well.

All of this is on the heels of a potential Meteora 2023 celebration, as teased by the band the other day. Are you one of the ones receiving a fix for the issues in the box set? What has your experience been in this?

Spoiler

Dear Customer,

We’re getting in touch with you, following your contact with us previously, regarding some issues you’d experienced with your original purchase of the Linkin Park Hybrid Theory boxset.

We want to apologise for the length of time it has taken to get this resolved for you.

So that we can process your complimentary replacement just for you, please provide your details on the sign up page here:

If you have any questions regarding this email, please feel free to contact us via this email address: uk-customerserviceteam@wmgcustomerservice.com and one of our customer services representatives will be on hand to assist you.

Warm wishes,

Warner Music Customer Services (UK & Europe)

Spoiler

Dear Linkin Park Fan,

We are writing to you today to let you know that your HBT20 Replacement Pack has been dispatched via DHL Express Worldwide. This is a duty paid service

Your tracking code is 2296*****

Please track your delivery via the DHL website on the link below
dhl.com/en/express/tracking

We would like to thank you for your patience whilst we have been arranging for the replacement pack to be dispatched to you and apologise again for any frustration caused by the original production issue. 

If you have any further questions please get in touch by emailing us at uk-customerserviceteam@wmgcustomerservice.com where we will be more than happy to help.

Many Thanks,
Warner Music Customer Services

First and second emails.

Edited by JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship

• LPLStaff changed the title to Warner Music Fixing "Hybrid Theory 20" Box Sets... Again? ("LPU Rarities"?)

Similarly got the tracking number for 48 hour delivery. Although with the strikes I expect the earliest deliveries will be the 29th / 30th December. 

Considering I got the original replacement package, complained about the lithographs and soon after got a message saying that they were stopping doing replacement items... I'm intrigued with what's actually going to turn up. 

4 minutes ago, Energy said:

Similarly got the tracking number for 48 hour delivery. Although with the strikes I expect the earliest deliveries will be the 29th / 30th December. 

Considering I got the original replacement package, complained about the lithographs and soon after got a message saying that they were stopping doing replacement items... I'm intrigued with what's actually going to turn up. 

Royal Mail is still up the creek matey, give it until New Year at least I reckon. Hope you're doing well bro! :) 

5 hours ago, Wilderness said:

Royal Mail is still up the creek matey, give it until New Year at least I reckon. Hope you're doing well bro! :) 

I don’t know. Parcels are getting priority here. Won’t be holding my breath for it though!

also how the hell are you? You vanished off all social media just as I was trying to message you. :D

19 minutes ago, TubButter said:

Anyone have a link to where you can set this process in motion? Also, whom was the email from? I have gone back through my emails and do not see anything. Thank you.

We are USA-based and didn't get one either. It's allegedly from Warner Music.

Just now, KlaytonShinoda said:

Oh boy, can't wait for (if) Meteora 20 gets a similar release and here we go again, same f*cking bullcrap. I'm getting my second wave soon, hopefully it's all fixed and not just some of it.

I actually love that they made mistakes 

Errors in merch/coins etc are more valuable 

It's cool that they are talking responsability.

Got the new replacements a couple of days ago. It includes all three prints, all DVDs (not just the misprinted), the rarities CD and the lanyard. I haven't had the time to compare everything in detail or check the CD yet, but the lanyard looks like the one from the first replacement.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

Got the new replacements a couple of days ago. It includes all three prints, all DVDs (not just the misprinted), the rarities CD and the lanyard. I haven't had the time to compare everything in detail or check the CD yet, but the lanyard looks like the one from the first replacement.

Post pictures please... 👀

9 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Can't believe that no one posted pics yet

It was Christmas. I am not even at home the most time and so are a lot of other people.

Also the only interesting thing was already posted: pictures of the prints. Everything else looks like before.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:08 PM, KlaytonShinoda said:

Oh boy, can't wait for (if) Meteora 20 gets a similar release and here we go again, same f*cking bullcrap. I'm getting my second wave soon, hopefully it's all fixed and not just some of it.

Well, just got mine today. Everything is fine until I see all 3 litographs dented. Thankfully I already got half of the fixed stuff last year, this time I only needed the LPU CD, still, thanks Warner/DHL for that late Christmas gift.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

14 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Can't believe that no one posted pics yet

Most people haven’t got it yet due to the strikes. Mine was sitting in a sorting office somewhere over Christmas and has moved today to the local one. Will post all the pictures when I can. 

Honestly not sure you’ll be able to see much difference. When they resent the prints last time they were just as pixelated… The CD will be interesting though to see if it’s got any identifying number or similar to show it’s the corrected one.