Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

10 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I have a feeling it’ll be more of a melodic Chester song. That super melodic lead sample we’ve heard in those clips is very unique. So excited to hear it.

Knowing Meteora-era Linkin Park there still could be a big, heavy bridge/breakdown in the middle though.

Also that blue screen numb.exe thing is fantastic. Brings me back to the Kazaa/Limewire days. lmao

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

27jan2023.jpg

image updated. And a new voicemail #3: faint. 

Look at the top right, there's a small squarebox (with a light type thing), that's the updated part.

25jan_Introduction
26jan_Somewhere I Belong

It' s a part of the music video of "Faint". That's what that small square box is.

Also, could someone record the new voicemail for "Faint"?

Edited by NJPLP

24 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

On linkinpark.com, there's a countdown timer saying 5 days and 6 hours currently. It seems like we'll be getting the announcement and "Lost" next Wednesday, February 1st around 12 PM.

Isn't the download link specially about Numb? If it's supposed to be like that, won't that mean we'll be getting a demo of Numb if supposedly they're following HT20's format in which meant that Lost will probably be released sometimes soon? 

This is primarily because She couldn't was released like prior In The End demo

Edited by arcyy57

8 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

Isn't the download link specially about Numb? If it's supposed to be like that, won't that mean we'll be getting a demo of Numb if supposedly they're following HT20's format in which meant that Lost will probably be released sometimes soon? 

This is primarily because She couldn't was released like prior In The End demo

I don't think it is, but who knows?

Also, the banner on LPCatalog will be updated with the next single being "Numb" (most likely going to be updated tomorrow on Saturday), then "From the Inside" (most likely going to be updated on Sunday), then finally "Breaking the Habit" (most likely going to be updated on Monday).

Edited by NJPLP

Who wants to see the Meteora Music Videos turned into 4k on Linkin Park's Official YouTube?

My bet is they'll definitely upgrade their Meteora Music Videos into 4k, just like they did for HT as part of 20th Anniversary Edition. 

Edited by AJ93

3 hours ago, AJ93 said:

27jan2023.jpg

image updated. And a new voicemail #3: faint. 

Look at the top right, there's a small squarebox (with a light type thing), that's the updated part.

25jan_Introduction
26jan_Somewhere I Belong

So my theory was right! Nice

1 minute ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yooo!! February 1st! Can’t wait!!

Also, I think it’s called Numb.exe just because it’s their biggest hit single from Meteora. Just my guess. Lost is said to be the first track we’re getting, and it’s a completely new song, not a demo of Numb.

Well, duh of course lost isn't. I know for a fact that it's TTTAMP. However, I was referring to the release format of HT20 where She Couldn't was released first, a couple of weeks/days before In The End Demo. So basically what I am proposing is that we could be getting Lost within a few days before the timer and after the timer hits the 5 days time frame, we'll get Numb demo. Obviously this is only speculations because I really want to hear tttamp lol

16 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

Well, duh of course lost isn't. I know for a fact that it's TTTAMP. However, I was referring to the release format of HT20 where She Couldn't was released first, a couple of weeks/days before In The End Demo. So basically what I am proposing is that we could be getting Lost within a few days before the timer and after the timer hits the 5 days time frame, we'll get Numb demo. Obviously this is only speculations because I really want to hear tttamp lol

That is possible. But I feel like if they dropped a Numb demo it’ll probably be in March at some point. A numb demo isn’t even listed, sadly. Same with Sick (Don’t Stay demo). Numb and Nobody’s Listening may not have had full enough demos possibly, and the final version we’ve heard might be too similar to the demo version. Sick, though we know it’s different, more “reggae rock” like I think Mike described it. That could be interesting to hear.

Either way, even though we all know it’s coming, I’m still going to freak out the day I see “Lost (Official Audio) - Linkin Park” on youtube.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

FWIW the website code suggests that there are multiple phases and we are in phase 1 right now. Phase 2 could start after the timer hits 0, but it could progress independently from that and it starts to reveal other things before the final big announcement takes place when the countdown is over. Or it means nothing and the reference to phases are just leftovers, you never know.

23 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

LP updated their social media logos!! 

YES! METEORA 20 RING IT IN!!!!

Also Veterans Stadium 2003 is a show I’ve wanted in full for a long time. Just realized it was the Summer Sanitarium show (July 12th). That’s the one.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

As I said in the other topic, perhaps the nUmB.exe might be a prank to disguise Lost, like those times when you thought you've downloaded something and it was another completely different song

that's an interesting thought. since Numb demo wasnt on the tracklist, it could be "Lost". 

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

that's an interesting thought. since Numb demo wasnt on the tracklist, it could be "Lost". 

I don’t mean to be that annoying guy but I said before, Lost is not a Numb demo. It’s its own song. The two songs don’t even sound remotely the same. It wouldn’t make sense for Lost to be a Numb demo, if they said it was a “fully realized” track.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

I'll be eyeing linkinpark.com throughout the countdown to see if anything changes. The HT20 teaser was designed to mimic a Windows 98 desktop, and this one is a reference to file-sharing programs of that era such as Limewire, where malware would be disguised as something like "LiNkiNgPaRk-nUmB mp3.exe". Maybe "Lost" will be released at the end of this. 

Edited by LPxDBZ