Jump to content

Mike on Linkin Park


LPLStaff
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mike provided a brief update on the band today on Twitch, when he said, "The only Linkin Park news I have for you is - yeah, we talk every few weeks, but there’s no tours, there’s no music, there’s no albums in the pipeline. Let me just tell you that. So just keep in your minds that that is not happening."

 

You can view the video here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly he was super clear in the video. We shouldn’t expect LP for a very long time. That was predictable and super understandable TBH, I guess they are still scratching their heads on how to “build” the post Chester... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they do one last album, it would be cool if they feature several artists that where inspired by LP and/or inspired LP. I don´t see them quiting music, I think that they are very passioned about their craft. But LP continuing without Chester is something super hard to imagine, at least for me. If LP ends, I hope the guys continue to release music, together or solo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

me either.
hope we can see exclusive shows and material like demos and etc...

I'm expecting something to happen with the meteora 20th (yes, a box like the HT20th).

if the band won't come back, we can only hope for that, a meteora 20th box, in 2027 a 20th minutes midnight box, 2030 hybrid theory 30th etc...

I just hope the band thinks about the fans at least, since they won't be coming back (and without chester, it really doesn't make sense) I hope they can gift the fans by releasing old material like unreleased demos and full concerts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they do another album with the intention of it being their last album I think it would be cool to dig some old songs out of the vault and rework them into something new so that Chester could still be a part of it in a way. If they decide they want to come back and just be a normal active band then I think recording with a new lead vocalist or just Mike on vocals would be the way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike casually just give an updates about Linkin Park and fans/people already assuming lots of stuff. He might said "Plan A" today but turns out "Plan B" tomorrow.

 

LP comeback surely will give a huge impact or backlash because there will be 2 sides, eg:

 

A: those fans who loves LP and wanted new materials no matter what.

B: those fans who think LP is nothing without Chester and want them end.

 

from now on, whatever they wanna do, it's up to them. we already have tons of LP stuff for the past 20 years. tons of band out there who take a hiatus status and come back with brand new materials, so i'm not surprise if LP take that route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, jopevc said:

 I think that they are very passioned about their craft.

 

Honestly, no LP for the foreseeable future seems like a good thing. Most of these guys clearly don’t have an interest in making music so why bother?

Edited by Hybrid1988
Not in the mood to argue with sensitive fanboys lmao
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Most of these guys clearly don’t have an interest in making music so why bother?

 

they don't have to tell you everything they did, tbh. these guys making music for almost 20 years, if it's time for them to take a break, they deserve it. hell, maybe they did music but wont tweet it, post it, publish it online. it's all bout common sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Stranger said:

 

they don't have to tell you everything they did, tbh. these guys making music for almost 20 years, if it's time for them to take a break, they deserve it. hell, maybe they did music but wont tweet it, post it, publish it online. it's all bout common sense. 


lol :)  

Edited by Hybrid1988
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, LPLStaff said:

Mike provided a brief update on the band today on Twitch, when he said, "The only Linkin Park news I have for you is - yeah, we talk every few weeks, but there’s no tours, there’s no music, there’s no albums in the pipeline. Let me just tell you that. So just keep in your minds that that is not happening."

 

You can view the video here.

Mike even mentioned that "I sa- I say that because anytime the band says anything or does anything, everyone is, like, tries to start up the hype train and we're like 'No, no, no, no, don't start up the hype train.' That's not- you're gonna get yourself- you're gonna disappoint yourself. Don't do that"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 years after tragically losing a key member is not even a long time. I mean, we waited 3 years for OML, we can wait longer now. When they feel they can return they will. If not, it’s totally understandable, we all have to remember they owe us nothing and I totally understand Mike being annoyed by questions about LP, same as the Chester questions few months ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not the point, limp bizkit had something similar when they recorded their results may vary album, wes who was the primordial soup, defacto member up and left and the band had to go on without a guitar player, made 2 albums scrapped one but left the end product which was dubbed one of the worst albums ever made, if the band can't find someone theyll warm up to then the label won't delay much and looking to sell more lp they would just look for demos the band won't touch again, and I don't think the band has a say in this either, after all it is Warner of course considering they still plan on making more music if not its safe to assume we can expect old music because again this is Warner bros. They're not done milking Linkin Park, they would have to find a way to satiate the hardcore fans at least the out layer because last thing they want is their fan base to move on considering theyve been around for a quarter century. And a rock band at that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just can't see Rob coming back to being an active drummer, recording stuff, rehearsing, touring and playing concerts.

I can see Mike doing that, maybe Phoenix. They feel like more energetic people.

Joe and Brad i see them recording, not so much touring.

 

I just can't feel them with the energy to deal with interviews and all of that that comes with releasing an album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

i just can't see Rob coming back to being an active drummer, recording stuff, rehearsing, touring and playing concerts.

I can see Mike doing that, maybe Phoenix. They feel like more energetic people.

Joe and Brad i see them recording, not so much touring.

 

I just can't feel them with the energy to deal with interviews and all of that that comes with releasing an album.

Have to agree on this, I see Rob and Joe really in the background. Plus, if they’ll ever come back as a 5 piece, I don’t see them doing big tours like the festival I attended in 2017 in Milan or stuff like Milton Keynes, Chester was the “real” frontman (don’t want to disrespect Mike) when it came to live shows 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no way for them to come out on top. If they continue as Linkin Park, everything they do will be compared to the CB releases.

Any new vocalist will be under an insanely high amount of pressure, it would take a really strong type to handle that for the entirety of their career.

If they reform as a different band, it will *still* be compared to Linkin Park, I feel. Just because it's the entirey of ex-LP, minus one.

Plus, we live in a different era nowadays, where negativity spreads and influences way faster than back when, for example, Nirvana disbanded and Foo Fighters were formed.

So for the rest of those five people's careers, the cloud that is Linkin Park will hang over their heads. Nothing they can do with LP will be satisfactory.

I think the only way to handle this is by putting the band on indefinite hiatus (Japanese bands often do this, instead of outright saying they disband), release some old stuff every now and then, keep the LPU alive.

But the moment they release new music under the banner of LP, all hell will break loose.

Edited by Seelentau
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, there's the possibility of bringing back Mark Wakefield to the band again. It most likely wouldn't happen at all whatsoever, but, hey, it's a possibility.

Edited by NJPLP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

i just can't see Rob coming back to being an active drummer, recording stuff, rehearsing, touring and playing concerts.

I can see Mike doing that, maybe Phoenix. They feel like more energetic people.

Joe and Brad i see them recording, not so much touring.

 

I just can't feel them with the energy to deal with interviews and all of that that comes with releasing an album.

Lol, you talk like you know ‘m al so well in person 😂

 

can you tell me what they ate yesterday too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I mean, there's the possibility of bringing back Mark Wakefield to the band again. It most likely wouldn't happen at all whatsoever, but, hey, it's a possibility.

He’s not a singer anymore, he’s like an agent now. I don’t think he would come back 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2022 at 3:43 AM, Hybrid1988 said:

 

Honestly, no LP for the foreseeable future seems like a good thing. Most of these guys clearly don’t have an interest in making music so why bother?

True musicians are always working on music, even if its only recording a cool guitar riff, a drum part or melodies in general. I believe that they are still thinking in making music, but the current situation is tough to handle

 

37 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

He’s not a singer anymore, he’s like an agent now. I don’t think he would come back 

And he doesn´t know how to sing, and also has stage fright (I think, from what I remember from Jeff Blue´s book)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

He’s not a singer anymore, he’s like an agent now. I don’t think he would come back 

 

38 minutes ago, jopevc said:

True musicians are always working on music, even if its only recording a cool guitar riff, a drum part or melodies in general. I believe that they are still thinking in making music, but the current situation is tough to handle

 

And he doesn´t know how to sing, and also has stage fright (I think, from what I remember from Jeff Blue´s book)

I just said that it was a possibility, I didn't say it was gonna happen lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...