'One More Light' Passes 1 Billion Spotify Streams

LPLStaff

Congratulations to Linkin Park!

'One More Light' has passed 1 billion streams on Spotify, becoming LP's fourth album to reach the feat after 'Hybrid Theory', 'Meteora', and 'Minutes to Midnight'.

Spotify, which was launched in 2008, really gained in popularity with the shift to streaming that occurred in the last 5-7 years. Four albums reaching 1 billion is quite impressive.

1 hour ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

their peak was 2004 for sure

Their peak in terms of commercial success was between 2001 and 2009, MTM was super huge and got #1 in basically every country where it came out, things began to go commercially “”worse”” with ATS, with a huge drop in sales compared to MTM 😊

1 hour ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Their peak in terms of commercial success was between 2001 and 2009, MTM was super huge and got #1 in basically every country where it came out, things began to go commercially “”worse”” with ATS, with a huge drop in sales compared to MTM 😊

I lived the HT & MTM era and they were the biggest band in the planet

MTM was huge but not as big as HT or M

10 hours ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

I lived the HT & MTM era and they were the biggest band in the planet

MTM was huge but not as big as HT or M

but from a charting and singles standpoint MTM was the biggest success. I also think that in the MTM era it was much harder for a rock band to achieve that kind of commercial success. Pre-MTM, rock was still hip.

Edited by PizzaPino

27 minutes ago, PizzaPino said:

but from a charting and singles standpoint MTM was the biggest success. I also think that in the MTM era it was much harder for a rock band to achieve that kind of commercial success. Pre-MTM, rock was still hip.

Yeah MTM is their best charting record, and WID was more successful than, say, Papercut or OSC or SIB and Faint chart-wise 

Just now, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Yeah MTM is their best charting record, and WID was more successful than, say, Papercut or OSC or SIB and Faint chart-wise 

I think LOATR was a huge too. Maybe not in terms of charting record (I actually don't know that) but the promotion of it was massive, the single had 6 officially released physical versions (including Limited Japan edition and not 1 but 2 Premium editions) and I don't remember them doing something like that with any other single.

26 minutes ago, martinez said:

I think LOATR was a huge too. Maybe not in terms of charting record (I actually don't know that) but the promotion of it was massive, the single had 6 officially released physical versions (including Limited Japan edition and not 1 but 2 Premium editions) and I don't remember them doing something like that with any other single.

Yeah chart wise it didn’t do that well but I remember the song all over on the radio and on MTV, it was pretty massive, in Italy is one of the best known songs by the band among the occasional fans 

1 hour ago, martinez said:

I don't remember them doing something like that with any other single

didn't ITE get like 3 different CDs minimum plus DVD plus VHS releases? but that's basically it. Numb, Faint, Waiting For The End, The Catalyst, Burn It Down and ALTNC saw two releases I think. Don't know about the MTM era with the picture vinyls and stuff

but I mean, that's why I'm grateful for ppl like you martinez, you kept track of stuff like this

did all the physical releases get digital releases too? like if I wanted a b-side from a Meteora or MTM single that's not been released elsewhere (if that's even the case)

11 hours ago, LPsMart said:

did all the physical releases get digital releases too? like if I wanted a b-side from a Meteora or MTM single that's not been released elsewhere (if that's even the case)

https://lplive.net/lpdigital/

No. A lot of singles from Hybrid Theory and Meteora are still missing from digital stores. Basically only Somewhere I Belong is available and it's missing the live version of My December. At least now we have all the Hybrid Theory b-sides available on HT20.

53 minutes ago, Whatstherealdefinition said:

Mtm is their 3rd most streamed? I'm surprised its not ats, I can remember Alot of people not liking mtm even smosh took a shot at it in 2009 when ats came out "hey guys have you listened to the new Linkin Park CD yet? Theyyyyrreee sooo good now" 

MTM singles are a lot bigger than ATS singles in terms of popularity among the occasional fans. Stuff like WID, BIO LOATR and SOTD were (and are) a lot more popular than The Catalyst, WFTE or Iridescent among the occasional LP listeners 😊

36 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

MTM was a thousand times bigger than ATS to the casual fans and charts. And overall, its actually a really good record

Yeah am I wrong or even SOTD went super big on both radio and charts despite being like the 3rd single, in the same way as on Meteora/HT ITE and Numb were super big despite being the 3rd single? I mean the biggest single on ATS was WFTE but (sadly, because it’s super awesome) it didn’t reach half of the success of stuff like SOTD or BIO