Mike Shinoda Announces 'Cropped Frames' Release

LPLStaff

Big news!

Mike Shinoda has announced that he is releasing a merch spin-off of his 'Dropped Frames' album series titled 'Cropped Frames'! A collection of prints based on art he's drawn on stream, Mike has also announced that 'Cropped Frames' will be sold as NFTs as well.

Since Mike has been quite vocal about wanting to "change things up" lately, the 'Cropped Frames' art will be broken into pieces and sold randomly, blind-bag style! In order to complete the entire piece of art, you have to buy multiple pieces and just simply hope that you don't get doubles! How about that for innovative?

The product description for MECHA MAN says, "Introducing "Cropped Frames", a limited run, spinoff collection featuring randomized art prints of drawings done by Mike live on his Twitch channel over the last year. Each item purchase will include one of several pieces of the full drawing, and is randomly selected and numbered. Collect all the prints to finish the entire art piece!"

"Art print featuring a randomly selected piece of "Mecha Man" - a drawing by Mike Shinoda done live on stream. 8.5" x 8.5". The number of prints available for each drawing varies, please see the item's name to determine odds. Pieces that may feature a signature are not actually signed, but are part of the print itself."

Items include MECHA MAN, DROPPED FRAMES, STEAM PUNK SOLDIER, and HOLD THE PHONE.

When reached by Twitter DM, Mike told LPLive, "Screw the prints, I am just SO excited to sell every piece of every print as an NFT... 54 in total! It's NFT time, y'all!"

Check out the collection here.

Not sure if anyone cares, but I wondered what the amount of money is that you need to spend on average to get all pieces.

Ran a Monte Carlo simulation (1M iterations), here are the results (rounded up):

Mecha Man (1 of 4)  $50.00 each

$450 (9 draws)

Dropped Frames (1 of 25)  $25.00 each

$2400 (96 draws)

Steam Punk Solider (1 of 9)  $40.00 each

$1040 (26 draws)

Hold the Phone (1 of 16)  $35.00 each

$1925 (55 draws)

7 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

Not sure if anyone cares, but I wondered what the amount of money is that you need to spend on average to get all pieces.

Ran a Monte Carlo simulation (1M iterations), here are the results (rounded up):

Mecha Man (1 of 4)  $50.00 each

$450 (9 draws)

Dropped Frames (1 of 25)  $25.00 each

$2400 (96 draws)

Steam Punk Solider (1 of 9)  $40.00 each

$1040 (26 draws)

Hold the Phone (1 of 16)  $35.00 each

$1925 (55 draws)

Those odds aren’t looking too good for me, I bought 15 of the soldier hoping I would just get lucky and get them all right away

13 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

Those odds aren’t looking too good for me, I bought 15 of the soldier hoping I would just get lucky and get them all right away

Your chance of collecting all 9 with 15 draws is about 11.8%. So, I wish you luck - still possible! Also, maybe you can trade with someone if 1 is missing (50.0% chance to get 8 out of 9 with 15 draws).

12 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

Your chance of collecting all 9 with 15 draws is about 11.8%. So, I wish you luck - still possible! Also, maybe you can trade with someone if 1 is missing (50.0% chance to get 8 out of 9 with 15 draws).

I figured I’d grab a few more just in case there aren’t many people who want to trade, and for more leverage to trade with, but the “ADD TO CART” button isn’t working anymore. Anyone else having this issue?

3 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Yupp, money rules even our favorite artists

I´m sorry but that sounds kinda rude and disrespectfull to Mike (and I´m sorry if I understood you in the wrong way). We know that Mike likes to try new things, either towards music or other things. Maybe he´s trying something new! And get a bit of money is a nice bonus, especially in a time that artists are stuck at home without being able to perform and earn money from that

I’m not attacking Mike, but it’s a little disingenuous to pretend that he’s a starving artist. He’s worth many millions of dollars. I can see him doing the NFT thing because he sees it as exciting and cutting edge or whatever, but it’s not like he’s on the edge of poverty because he hasn’t been able to tour for a year.