More "Hybrid Theory" Remixes Coming

LPLStaff

Following January's remix of 'One Step Closer' by 100 Gecs, Mike has confirmed in his interview with The Needle Drop that more remixes of Hybrid Theory songs are on the way.

Talking to The Needle Drop, Mike explained that he was having conversations with Warner, who brought the idea up to him to have artists do Reanimation-style remixes to continue the celebration of Hybrid Theory 20 this year. Mike liked the idea but wanted artists who were super creative and not artists who would just make some generic pop remixes of the album's songs.

Along with 100 Gecs, Mike mentioned that he'd been having conversations about umru, Kero Kero Bonito, and Blood Orange. He added that some of the remixes worked out while others didn't, so we will have to see what Linkin Park ends up releasing.

In addition, Mike seems to have been working on a 'Papercut' remix himself, judging by the folders on his Twitch stream. Thanks to the keen-eyed PeppePark for that one. Hopefully we get that remix too!

Stay tuned for more information, as it's we are slowly approaching two months since the 'One Step Closer' remix... hopefully more are coming shortly.

3 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

could share the official Hybrid Theory Multitracks, for fans to also remix and mike choose the best remixer among fans.

apfmh, with you, and Poa.

it would be incredible.

Because those contests always high quality results, lol. Does someone remember a single remix that was the result of one of those contests?

14 hours ago, Coizu said:

Because those contests always high quality results, lol. Does someone remember a single remix that was the result of one of those contests?

No, but if LP had put it on recharged or something, I probably would remember it. I love the LGM, LITE, UIB (Money Mark), IBG and BID (Tom Swoon) remixes on that album. 

Just because there's a lot of fan remixes that are trash doesn't mean great ones can't come from it. As long as someone is curating and puts it in front of fans in an accessible way (Spotify release) I think it's a fun idea. After all, it's not like there aren't fans that can produce the quality of the recharged tracks, or others like Aoki track remixes or that Heavy remix from 2017. 

3 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

No, but if LP had put it on recharged or something, I probably would remember it. I love the LGM, LITE, UIB (Money Mark), IBG and BID (Tom Swoon) remixes on that album. 

Just because there's a lot of fan remixes that are trash doesn't mean great ones can't come from it. As long as someone is curating and puts it in front of fans in an accessible way (Spotify release) I think it's a fun idea. After all, it's not like there aren't fans that can produce the quality of the recharged tracks, or others like Aoki track remixes or that Heavy remix from 2017. 

Wow I hate every single second of the Recharges LGM remix, you’re the first I hear being positive on that remix 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:41 AM, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Wow I hate every single second of the Recharges LGM remix, you’re the first I hear being positive on that remix 

I think it goes so hard in all the right ways lol. Easily my go-to track for testing a "party" bass-heavy system.