grandson & Fever 333 X Linkin Park

LPLStaff

On October 26th, grandson tweeted: "GRANDSON X LINKIN PARK" , uploading a picture with is name written with the Hybrid Theory logo generator both on Facebook and Instagram which sent social media into a frenzy, getting thousands of interactions quickly.

Days ago he also tweeted "SHUT UP WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU", so fans are now speculating about a possible cover or remix of One Step Closer.

Mike was asked about the tweet today on Twitch and had this to say: "I do not have a comment on the grandson tweet. Leave me alone. You guys are relentless. I just wanted to get that out of the way so that we can actually get down to business today and make something without you guys spending the entire morning doing that. So just... I'm putting it out there. I'm not answering."

He then added, "grandson tweeted an image. I'll tell you what it's not - some of the fans were like, "It's a brand new Linkin Park song featuring grandson!" and then some people threw in other names too. It's like, sure. You know it's not that. It's fun, it's going to be something fun and exciting. It is something, but it's not that. Yeah, grandson is a great kid. Jordan."

Fever 333 also tweeted with the caption "333 X LP", grandson retweeted announcing: "TOMORROW".

Jason Aalon from Fever 333 commented during a live stream saying that it's "Something very cool with a little bit of collaboration-ish, kinda like a tribute. Just thought it would be cool to honor it."

What do you think we'll get tomorrow?

12 minutes ago, JediAHoles said:

If they don't want fans getting excited and asking them about stuff, why post anything at all?

Sometimes reading text makes it seem like the mood is more intense than it really is. He was in a fun/joking mood as usual.

So, multiple LP covers? I'm kinda surprised honestly, it doesn't seem like something Mike would be that into, especially because he wasn't even super into HT20 at the beginning (which is what I'd expect). I'm thinking it has to be remix-ish, maybe with some new verses or something like that, leaning towards what reanimation did to the songs. That I could see Mike appreciating creatively. 

• PeppePark changed the title to grandson x Linkin Park

I really like the OSC cover. The instrumental is super dope. Not 100% sure about the vocal performance though.

Not a fan of the ITE cover though. I am not familiar with the music of Fever 333 but it sounds like the singer doesn't really rap. It just sounds like a more rock-ish version of ITE.

I'm not necessarily into Grandson's style on OSC, but I definitely think he made it his own. I can appreciate that and the instrumental is dope. 

I'm having a harder time appreciating In The End. The instrumental pretty much just sounds like a straight remake, and the rap delivery is a different style. But it's not unique enough a spin on the song for me. And the heavier vocals make it sound like every "pop goes punk" or whatever cover, which frankly I'm not into. 

grandson singing is very very amateur. Don't like it at all, can't even say it's singing. The instrumental is nice.

fever 333 instrumental is almost identical, sounds like a generic youtube cover.

meh.

now thinking again, i'm glad they didn't make a HT cover album.

Edited by vinifeijo

1 hour ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

They chose the wrong songs for them 

Fever has the potential to go all out in a heavy song 

Grandson would have sounded good on Papercut 

5/10

Cringefest

Exactly. I think By Myself could've been a perfect fit for FEVER 333. I'm not sure about grandson, though. Runaway, maybe?

The other problem I have is, I'm a huge fan of FEVER 333. Their 2019 album is one of my all-time favorites. Awesome live band, too. Very underrated. But now a lot of people are gonna recognize them based on this not really good cover song.

38 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

Exactly. I think By Myself could've been a perfect fit for FEVER 333. I'm not sure about grandson, though. Runaway, maybe?

The other problem I have is, I'm a huge fan of FEVER 333. Their 2019 album is one of my all-time favorites. Awesome live band, too. Very underrated. But now a lot of people are gonna recognize them based on this not really good cover song.

I like the song that he did w Poppy, Fever is great 

these are both some pretty mid covers. Instrumental on OSC is pretty cool but grandson coulda done  a lot better with the vocals.  The ITE cover sounds like a YouTube cover, not a huge fan about how he delivered those verses either. Both artists definitely coulda been better on covers of different songs but it's pretty obvious why these two songs were chosen.

If you guys thought these covers were bad, check out this disaster we found while trying to figure out what these covers were: https://open.spotify.com/album/7nPTvmqTpOLOikmsrWxSmE?si=K8xqPyKRQCOF9Nl2qHpUIQ

I actually laughed out loud at By Myself lmao

7 hours ago, RogueSoul said:

If you guys thought these covers were bad, check out this disaster we found while trying to figure out what these covers were: https://open.spotify.com/album/7nPTvmqTpOLOikmsrWxSmE?si=K8xqPyKRQCOF9Nl2qHpUIQ

LMAO i actually like some of the songs on that album, although POA is a fucking disgrace

Also i don't even know the last time everyone agree about something being trash.

grandson instrumental is cool i find the 808s on the second verse weird but i don't hate them, his voice is meh at best.

And ITE is pretty similar to original song but the dude rapping sound like Vanilla Ice

Edited by Diaux