Grey Daze to Premiere "B12" at Download TV

lpliveusername

This weekend, the U.K.'s Download Festival will head online for Download TV, a virtual, three-day event held in lieu of the 2020 in-person festival, which was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Download TV features past Download performances, never-before-seen footage, brand new interviews, and more! The event will also host the world premiere of 'B12,' the latest single by Grey Daze. Make sure you’re tuned in this Friday from 4.30pm!

Ws3KUZVJB0r0OjMnOcvgJ5X7jD0rF5dCIj8AgDkc

In addition to the Grey Daze premiere, Download TV will also feature content from Deftones, System of a Down, Iron Maiden, KISS, Disturbed, The Offspring, The Pretty Reckless, Volbeat, Korn and Biffy Clyro. This is a one time only event, meaning it won't be available to watch later. Make sure you don’t miss out!

For the full schedule, visit DownloadFestival.co.uk.

The song is already out on every streaming platform. As it’s been said multiple times, it’s not one of the strongest on the album but it’s not bad, the instrumental bridge is very cool and something reminds me of Castle of Glass. 
Overall, still pretty good, waiting for the album 😍

4 hours ago, Comfortinthepanic92 said:

The song is already out on every streaming platform. As it’s been said multiple times, it’s not one of the strongest on the album but it’s not bad, the instrumental bridge is very cool and something reminds me of Castle of Glass. 
Overall, still pretty good, waiting for the album 😍

Yeah its not bad, but I prefer the original one, maybe the synths/keyboard make that CoG resemblance. The one thing that bothers me is that they seems to only have 1 concert footage and they are using it for all or most of the videos/promos, etc. I wish they had more live performance videos so they could mix it up and not display some scenes that might not belong to the song they are performing. 

Btw, did Chester left GD to join LP ? (I dont think so, maybe Im wrong) but thats what people over DownloadFestival TV claimed before the video premier.

Grey Daze broke up. Chester auditioned for other bands. Nothing worked out. Then he got a call to try out for LP. 

He did not leave GD for LP. Just another misinterpretation (maybe deliberately by the band, feeding this stuff to the press). 

1 minute ago, Comfortinthepanic92 said:

Yeah he auditioned LP after GD broke up, but I remember Sean saying it correctly in many IG Lives and interviews 

Yeah, maybe the media just wanted to give a more dramatic meaning for the video premier hahah who knows.

11 minutes ago, Mazatan said:

Yeah, maybe the media just wanted to give a more dramatic meaning for the video premier hahah who knows.

Yeah probably, I remember Sean saying multiple times that the band broke up after a nightmarish show where some people came on stage beating one of the band member (Maybe Mace or the other guy who’s not in the band anymore) and after that show they had really harsh discussions and split up and Chester auditioned for LP. 

22 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Grey Daze broke up. Chester auditioned for other bands. Nothing worked out. Then he got a call to try out for LP. 

He did not leave GD for LP. Just another misinterpretation (maybe deliberately by the band, feeding this stuff to the press). 

Sean actually described their last show where everything ended

36 minutes ago, pablobitter said:

I prefer the original. I feel that in this new version the essence of the song was lost, it's the only one I didn't like so far on the album

The guitars never go anywhere, this song needed some heavy riffs and a fucking solo to make it explode 

Probably they released B12 because it's the only "upbeat" song of the whole album 

Hopefully Morei Sky is next that's the best track of Amends for sure. 

Edited by JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan

3 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

The guitars never go anywhere, this song needed some heavy riffs and a fucking solo to make it explode 

Probably they released B12 because it's the only "upbeat" song of the whole album 

Morei Sky is stellar, THB I quite enjoy this version of B12 the more I listen to it. It has less energy than the original but I really like the bridge. Anyway, it’s the weakest track on the album on par with What’s In the Eye IMO 

1 hour ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

You weren't kidding, they destroyed this song

11 minutes ago, Vinescence said:

You weren't kidding, they destroyed this song

TBH I don’t think so, yeah it’s not Soul Song or Morei Sky or She Shines or Syndrome where the new version is light years better than the original, but it’s not that bad IMO. I really Iike parts of the song especially the bridge and the distorted backing vocals in the last part, even tho the verses seem disjointed by the rest of the song. 

2 minutes ago, Comfortinthepanic92 said:

TBH I don’t think so, yeah it’s not Soul Song or Morei Sky or She Shines or Syndrome where the new version is light years better than the original, but it’s not that bad IMO. I really Iike parts of the song especially the bridge and the distorted backing vocals in the last part, even tho the verses seem disjointed by the rest of the song. 

I'm kinda skeptical with this whole project, but I always listen to every new released track. Original B12 is my favorite Grey Daze song, but this one is very weird in a bad way to me

3 minutes ago, Vinescence said:

I'm kinda skeptical with this whole project, but I always listen to every new released track. Original B12 is my favorite Grey Daze song, but this one is very weird in a bad way to me

The only thing That disappointed me was the choice of WITE as first release, pretty weak choice compared to the rest of the songs. If you didn’t join the listening parties, the songs they didn’t release are great, especially “She Shines” and “The Syndrome”. As I said multiple times, I’m super into the project because I always thought GD songs needed better production and instrumentation, and I probably will never listen to the original songs anymore, even tho I liked them. 
This is probably a project I’ve been wanting since I found out GD  more than 10 years ago 

They took this song and shit on it more than words can ever explain.  I can try to explain how big of a shit it was but I would run out of space on the internet.

I'm not hooraying and hoora-ing for this garbage.  The only Grey Daze song I liked.

2 hours ago, Comfortinthepanic92 said:

Still better than the Disney motivational cringefest of songs like Prove You Wrong or Ghosts, IMO. 

Prove you wrong is not a bad song at all, but i feel like you are big Mike hater so no point in arguing really.

You know what is really cringy? using a dead person´s son to mumble in a song used to milk his fathers legacy, now that is cringy

10 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

Prove you wrong is not a bad song at all, but i feel like you are big Mike hater so no point in arguing really.

You know what is really cringy? using a dead person´s son to mumble in a song used to milk his fathers legacy, now that is cringy

I’m really not a Mike hater, I saw him on the PT tour and I like some stuff on the album, I’m talking about quality, and I think the new GD project is great quality, not talking about what surrounds the project. Mike is an awesome human being and great  musician but I his solo music is not exactly my taste, especially Empty songs like prove you wrong 

Can I compare songs ? Promises I can’t Keep is amazing, Over Again is hard to listen but really honest and true, IOU is super fun, but I think Ghosts PYW and CAL are pretty dull. On the other side I love the grunge meets 2000s alt rock GD have To Amends and I think some songs are among my favorite Chester-related projects ever (Soul Song being the best example of my idea of “great song”).

Never meant to insult Mike, in the exact same way as many of you don’t mean to offend the band when they call songs like SIB or BID “garbage”, that‘a all.😊

Honestly i don't think is that bad, Is my favorite from all of the singles, The instrumental bridge sound like Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys but with a synth instead of a guitar.

It still feels weird hearing all of the electronic elements or the overproduction on this song and the rest of the album especially compared to the original material which was very raw.

And yes they are over using the same live footage over and over again