Montebello Rockfest Archived Footage

LPLStaff

Montebello Rockfest, which Linkin Park headlined in 2015 with a weather-shortened set, has announced that they will be streaming past performers online the weekend of June 19-21, 2020 in partnership with Budweiser, Red Bull, and Rev.

"The popular annual music festival which takes place every June in Montebello, Quebec, will transform into a virtual edition, streaming videos from nearly 15 years worth of unreleased footage. The exclusive footage will feature behind the scenes clips from a variety of bands since the festival’s inception in 2005, live music, mosh pitting, and fans."

"Unseen footage will feature high-profile bands like System of a Down, Blink-182, Rammstein, Linkin Park, Motley Crue, The Offspring, Deftones, Korn, Limp Bizkit, NOFX, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, and others, all of whom have played at the concert at least once since 2005."

The festival is selling tickets to this virtual event online. "Weekend passport, VIP passport, day ticket and option to add a bracelet from the 2020 edition. Each buyer will receive a unique non-shareable link. Each weekend passport holder will receive a $ 10 discount code on the regular rate for the next edition."

At minimum, it looks like we are going to get at least one proshot song from Linkin Park's 2015 set... maybe/hopefully more since they are selling tickets to this event. Stay tuned.

Source here.

Thanks to our friend Wesley at linkinparkbr for the heads up!

Yeah. Looking into the festival, they had to declare bankruptcy a few years back. Maybe they will recover some money this way.

At this point, it's no problem to pay for some archived footage of Linkin Park with Chester that is totally unreleased, even if it's just a few songs. Maybe they will air the full set, who knows. But worth checking out since no one else has done this with LP, at least yet.

37 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Yeah. Looking into the festival, they had to declare bankruptcy a few years back. Maybe they will recover some money this way.

At this point, it's no problem to pay for some archived footage of Linkin Park with Chester that is totally unreleased, even if it's just a few songs. Maybe they will air the full set, who knows. But worth checking out since no one else has done this with LP, at least yet.

Yeah you are right in that. also my comment was kind of rough lol

Is always cool to have more unreleased shows, the san diego one wasn't enough:D

7 minutes ago, felipeintheend said:

Thats a GREAT idea.. I'd buy tickets to watch unreleased footage anytime! 

Go Download Festival... Do it!!! hahah

Well Summer Sonic doing something similar to this. so let's hope for SS06🤑

3 hours ago, Justin said:

I'll consider buying a ticket if they stream the set in full. I don't want to buy a ticket to watch a mash-up of all the performances featuring like 1-2 songs from each performer...

I'll gladly do it if it means we just get one LP song, I mean I'm spending like $0 on LP this year at all until Mike sells CoronaJams (if he does) or LP drops a HT release. Ha.

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I'll gladly do it if it means we just get one LP song, I mean I'm spending like $0 on LP this year at all until Mike sells CoronaJams (if he does) or LP drops a HT release. Ha.

Oh I'm going all out for the HT release. Pre-ordering the biggest package available as soon as I'm able to. We don't even know the details yet, but I'm already 100% in lol.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:47 AM, lpplus said:

Is this possible to record it?! If yes, I need to tell some people about this

I'm not sure if we'll be able to save the raw stream as it might be encrypted, but nothing stops us of basically do a window recording of whatever we're playing.  Unfortunately, that route would go along a bit of loss in quality.

EDIT: I got this answer from their facebook page. 

To be clear, this is not a concert livestream like you have probably seen over the past months.  You can watch plenty of full shows for free on youtube, so we decided to try something different that focuses more on the actual Montebello experience and vibe, not full band performances. :)

Edited by linkin_boss

• 3 weeks later...