The Official Minutes To Midnight Thread

ChuckCheese

In my opinion, Valentines day and Shadow of the day were by far the best songs on the album. Valentines day for all of it's samples used, the calmness in it, and the sudden burst of electric guitars at the end. Shadow of the day because of the way it increases gradually, and sounds like a happier type song.

I honestly have to say, i dont like this album too much, it's ok though, i expected something better... when everyone heard QWERTY, we all thought holy fuck this is going to owns, but later something unexpected turned out. I like it cuz it's LP, but oh well, they could have done something much better IMO.

I think that MTM is the best LP album!!!I like all the songs in it and they are amazing songs!!!

Some of these amazing songs are Given up,LOATR,SOTD,What I've Done,In Pieces and Hands held high!!!

I love this album!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

I think that MTM the best LP album ever too {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_razz.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_razz.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_razz.gif

All tracks in MTM are awesome, exluding In Between (WHY they haven't added No Roads Left instead In Between???). {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

No More Sorrow is awesome. Should have been a single.

In Pieces is also a favourite. A great song overall.

Obviously No Roads Left should have been on the album but it was probably left off as Mike knew he would struggle to perform it live. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

The single choices were average. I think Given Up as a single was a big mistake. LOATR probably would have done well as a single with the right promotion; I can see how it would do well but it's not one of my favourites. And the videos could have been better. A little less Chester focussed.

LOATR probably would have done well as a single with the right promotion; I can see how it would do well but it's not one of my favourites. And the videos could have been better. A little less Chester focussed.

Leave out all the rest actually is a single now, they play it on the top 20 stations now where I live

LOATR probably would have done well as a single with the right promotion; I can see how it would do well but it's not one of my favourites. And the videos could have been better. A little less Chester focussed.

Leave out all the rest actually is a single now, they play it on the top 20 stations now where I live

Yeah, I did know that. Probably should have said it would have done better with the right promotion. The song was given a lot hype early after the album was released; where the band said it would definitely become a single. I don't think it lived up to expectations.

i think, is one of the best videos of lp, is better than in the end, i hate that video

the problem is, the teenagers just like paramore and fall out boy and mtv love this two band, and lp is old and bearded so they don't fit with "clean" emos

the solution to lp back to mtv and similars charts is make "funny" videos

loatr is cool, but the sleeping part is unnescessary, they could play videogame or watch tv instead of sleep

in pieces is the best song on that album, and little thing's really blown me away the first time i heard it. it's a good album to listen to when i'm in the right mood, but generally i stick with gu and nms, since i'm more into lps heavier side.

lyrically i like loatr best, and hhh of course, but that song's on a different level anyway since it stands out of the album the most imo.

the worst song for me would be valentine's day. it's okay lyrically, but i don't like the poppy touch too it, it just doesn't fit with the band in my head. and i don't like chester's singing too much, too.

It's my favorite LP album up to this point. Like the band, I was getting bored with the 'nu-metal' sound and I really love every single song on this album equally. If I HAD to pick what the best tracks were, I'd say Given Up and In Pieces are my favorite. The atmosphere that they used to record this album really amazes me too, I loved seeing the Houdini House and all the footage and pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the huge problem with this album is that it doesnt have the right balance about heavy/soft songs

and another big problem is that they repeat the same lyrics over and over

how many times does chester says 'bleed it out' ?

TLTGA would have been better if Mike could have more lyrics in its vocals

and what about ''with HHH in to a sky so blue as the ocean opens up to swallow you''?

they need to work this out

• 3 weeks later...

I like the album, though it should've had some more harder tracks. I'm very dissapointed in "In Between", it's not album worthy. Best songs: In Pieces, LOATR, WID and SOTD

The single choices were average. I think Given Up as a single was a big mistake. LOATR probably would have done well as a single with the right promotion; I can see how it would do well but it's not one of my favourites. And the videos could have been better. A little less Chester focussed.

Yeah, I did know that. Probably should have said it would have done better with the right promotion. The song was given a lot hype early after the album was released; where the band said it would definitely become a single. I don't think it lived up to expectations.

True, the best thing to do was to release LOATR as second single. It would've been a bigger succes than BIO was.

Edited by ThePretender

the huge problem with this album is that it doesnt have the right balance about heavy/soft songs

and another big problem is that they repeat the same lyrics over and over

how many times does chester says 'bleed it out' ?

TLTGA would have been better if Mike could have more lyrics in its vocals

and what about ''with HHH in to a sky so blue as the ocean opens up to swallow you''?

they need to work this out

True. It's too unbalanced.

• 4 months later...

Nearly all Lp fans say that MTM was either the best or worst Lp album. They should have released No More Sorrow in place of LOATR or SOTD imo.

And the videos for Bleed It Out & Given Up sucked. They could have done something special for Chester's long scream in Given Up and Bleed It Out was just plain boring.

Although i am in the video for Given Up :lol: (along with thousands of other random faces like)