Talinda Releases Grey Daze Statement

hahninator

Talinda Bennington has posted a lengthy message about Grey Daze for fans of Chester's music, via her social media platforms.

The new Grey Daze project is rumored to be released sometime in early 2020 with work being completed this year by the band.

Read Talinda's statement below:

"One of Chester's greatest gifts was music. The only thing he took more pride in was being a father to his children. Given how much he cared, he wanted fans to hear everything he did, and his musical journey started with Grey Daze.

In February 2017, Chester and his bandmates began re-recording their music for a planned re-release of the band's early music and by June, he announced that Grey Daze was reuniting and would be playing a 20th anniversary reunion show that fall. He was so enthusiastic about doing this, he was eager to play rock music and there were messages in those songs he knew would be meaningful to fans. It also meant a lot to him to be working with his Grey Daze bandmates, Sean Dowdell (with whom he had a very special friendship, and was a business partner in Club Tattoo) along with Mace Beyers, and Cristin Davis. He'd known them more than half of his life.

When Chester passed away, Grey Daze's reunion seemed like an afterthought to everyone involved, they were suffering, I was suffering, and there were way too many emotions to work through before we could even think about what would happen to that project. Once the clouds lifted a bit, once we could focus on what Chester would want us to do, we looked for a way to continue what Chester was working on, the things he was proud of and wanted to share with his fans. The Grey Daze project is one the ways we can continue to tell Chester's story and connect with his fans.

Through our foundation, 320, I endeavor every day making sure Chester's legacy shines a light for positive change. For us, releasing a new Grey Daze album will shine a light on where my husband started and hopefully give his fans a better understanding of his art and a more full picture of his journey through this incredible music.

-Talinda Bennington

December 10, 2019"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Talinda..

Bennington

Who is that woman? As far as I know she's already engaged to some other dude, respect your new man and don't disrespect Chester. 

I'm super excited about this project, Grey Daze is such an amazing band and Chester's vocals were so good he was super young that's remarkable. 

Y...you DO realize your name doesn't change until AFTER you get married, right?

On 12/11/2019 at 10:41 AM, Hahninator said:

Well I would hope so. She's been OK'ing everything so far, much better than the situations going on with Cobain and Cornell.

Kind of strange though since he married her in 2005. He made A LOT of music before he married her. But I guess that’s how those things work in Hollywood. Not a big fan of Talinda but I didn’t want to post something like JZLP and get attacked for it.

Edited by Garret

It's basically like - she controls his estate since she was married to him, even though yes she didn't come into his life until 2004-2005. However this is much better than his ex wife controlling it. I didn't know that about the old stuff. Trust me Talinda has been as good as we could hope for with a situation like this. She OK'd Cross Off with Mark. Mike said they met with her almost immediately to have the hard conversation (2017) about releasing LP stuff in the vault and she gave them the OK to do it. She fully supported OML Live, etc. All future LP releases with Chester won't have any drama from her involved, I'm pretty positive of that. 

I do think LP and their label are absolute experts with the legal situation, so surely his ex wife can't block an entire release herself? Right? At the same time that she was trashing everyone, everything, etc there was no issue releasing the pre-MTM songs on OML Live. I don't know any details of what is going on there but I would think she can't be the sole inhibitor of something. 

On 12/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, Hahninator said:

It's basically like - she controls his estate since she was married to him, even though yes she didn't come into his life until 2004-2005. However this is much better than his ex wife controlling it. I didn't know that about the old stuff. Trust me Talinda has been as good as we could hope for with a situation like this. She OK'd Cross Off with Mark. Mike said they met with her almost immediately to have the hard conversation (2017) about releasing LP stuff in the vault and she gave them the OK to do it. She fully supported OML Live, etc. All future LP releases with Chester won't have any drama from her involved, I'm pretty positive of that. 

I do think LP and their label are absolute experts with the legal situation, so surely his ex wife can't block an entire release herself? Right? At the same time that she was trashing everyone, everything, etc there was no issue releasing the pre-MTM songs on OML Live. I don't know any details of what is going on there but I would think she can't be the sole inhibitor of something. 

Yeah who knows. Brad went to law school before the band, right? And they are all very smart in terms of legal stuff. So I think if they want to release stuff with Chester they can find a way to do it. Idk though. The whole situation just sucks. I’m not sure how Live stuff works, either. Is it different than studio recordings? There is so many live shows that I want but I know we won’t get them.

Edited by Garret

I think at the end of the day, money talks and everyone wants to get paid (I am talking about Chester's family) as money goes to his estate no matter who is involved in it. If LP does absolutely nothing then that obviously doesn't help them monetarily at all. That should be enough incentive to give LP the thumbs up to do what they want. Even other bands talk about how professional LP comes across with their branding, image, marketing, etc so it isn't like LP would do something irresponsible with Chester material, they are a very very smart band and know what to put out and what not to put out. 

Wow i had no idea that an ex-wife can have anything to say about releasing his stuff now. I thought she basically has no rights now since they are not family anymore. That’s very interesting and i am also glad that Talinda is supporting everything so far. 

6 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Wow i had no idea that an ex-wife can have anything to say about releasing his stuff now. I thought she basically has no rights now since they are not family anymore. That’s very interesting and i am also glad that Talinda is supporting everything so far. 

Yeah that’s not how it works here in the good ol’ USA. Just one thing in a number of reasons why Europe is so much better than America. 

2 hours ago, Garret said:

Yeah that’s not how it works here in the good ol’ USA. Just one thing in a number of reasons why Europe is so much better than America. 

Didnt want to say that but now that you have said it i have to agree lol. It doesnt make any sense. I could only understand that maybe his son from his first marriage could say something but other than that... Sam would be irrelevant in Here lol.

tbh i cant wait for the cd because i really like grey daze. The only thing i dont like is that for example when you listen to the album as a whole you feel (at least i do) like you are listening to one song for the long time. Some songs stand out but some are just flowing into the others and i cant hear any difference because the production sucks obviously and they seem very bland. But i enjoy it anyway. I’ve always liked grunge type of music since HT times. 

I just hope it wont be postponed until forever just like when their second record was rerecorded. 

Edited by sordomuda

Is it about money but I hate seeing the pissing match back and forth between Chester's family. Chester's Mom and his half sister or whatever both said that Mike bullied Chester and that the truth will come out. Don't forget that his Mom said that too. And of course all the Sam drama. And Talinda was quiet for a while but idk man. Then you have Chester's old friends like Rene Mata who he was close with before he died saying stuff that I don't even want to post here because everyone here is super pro-Talinda (which is fine but yeah). The battle for rights and royalties and stuff from Sam sucks and it also sucks that stuff has to be approved by Talinda to be released (even though I guess she has been cool, right)? Idk. I mean there is SO MUCH stuff with Chester that is unreleased that we will probably never see. It's not just this remix Grey Daze album and Cross Off. There is so much. Slash sent Talinda Chester's version of Doctor Alibi and said it's up to her to release it. You also have all the unreleased stuff with LP, DBS, STP (probably a little bit), GD (maybe they have some old demos), Julien-K (he did work on some stuff with them early on that surely feature him), all of the collabs like Head Like A Hole and more, and tons of stuff we don't even know about. And I'm not saying we deserve to have it but if she says Chester wanted us to hear everything he worked on... I mean hey. I know that certain circumstances prevent some releases such as Head Like A Hole but I highly doubt his main bands (LP, DBS, Grey Daze, STP) would be against releasing stuff, except for maybe LP. But this family feud stuff sucks. Chester wasn't even that close with his Mother for a very long time (sorry but gonna just say it here). He was super close to his Dad for most of his life and LP life, he used to talk about him all the time, the best one is the STP interview I have where he says every band they have ever toured with always asks him how ''Pops'' is doing and Chester tells a funny story of him and his Dad getting wasted at an Orgy show back in like 2001. He also was on stage for BOW's show at Club Tattoo 2005, etc. He posted too back in like 2010 pics of his Dad and his brother Brian, anyone remember that? I'm just saying, it's funny how when certain family members die and stuff like this happens, I've seen it happen personally. And Sam was shown in the studio with Grey Daze last year (or earlier this year, can't remember), now Talinda is giving them the OK to release it, Chester's Mom is now writing, it's all just weird. And they all state facts that anyone can dig up from interviews. As crazy as Sam is, she did know Chester, especially his life up until like 2005, and some stuff she says makes you wonder. Same for people who Chester was really good friends with up until the end. I'll say one thing, I love how Mike and the rest of LP have remained out of the crossfire through all of it the past few years, very smart on them, they probably think they're all crazy (sorry hate to say it). And Sean too, you have to remember that Chester was pissed at him for years, up until like 2005 probably. And Mace said during an interview that he showed up to a show in NJ and was wasted on pills and Chester wouldn't even talk to him and was mad at him for a long time for embarrassing him. There is just a lot of drama between all of this stuff. Chester once said that the only perfect relationship he has ever had was with LP and the rest of the relationships in his life, whether it be romantic or friends or bands, etc. have been shitty. Kind of think maybe he was telling the truth.

Edited by Garret

Man not only did I not know any of that, but never even thought about any of that family type stuff before (i’ve always just been more into the music/art info and stuff like that). That’s a lot to process. “Sam” was Chester’s first wife? Man I miss him (as a fan). Glad there’s still such a strong community of fans we can all lean on and keep enjoying the music with. 

11 hours ago, OKCrew said:

Man not only did I not know any of that, but never even thought about any of that family type stuff before (i’ve always just been more into the music/art info and stuff like that). That’s a lot to process. “Sam” was Chester’s first wife? Man I miss him (as a fan). Glad there’s still such a strong community of fans we can all lean on and keep enjoying the music with. 

Yes Samantha is his first wife. He has a son with her.

I was always hating the fact somebody could tell Mike was bullying Chester. WTF????? We’ve seen so many videos, from backstage, interviews, live on concerts that they are more than friends, they were like brothers. And somebody wants us to believe it was fake? I HAVE TO LAUGH.

Also I believe he might have had some hard times with Talinda in 2017 which is nothing usual when you are for such a long time with each other. Even in the best relationship you have ups and downs. Well we wont know the truth but i trully believe they loved each other very much. 

I hate this family drama with all my heart. It sucks and because of that there is so much stuff that we might never get because people want f***** money. 

Grey Daze has released their statement as well.

Will the album be released on iTunes etc? I hope so. Or it will be more like underground irrelevant project. I think that because of the circumstances album will blow up pretty much because not many people know about Grey Daze and it will contain Chesters vocals. I cant already picture randoms thinking the songs are new 😂😂😂😂😂😂 they will be SHOCKED baby Chester was singing it. I hope they will not kill the grunge vibe though because this is the reason why i like these albums. 

I am sure it will be on all digital retailers due to Universal partnering with the label that the album is on.

Yes, I already see the media reporting that these are new Chester vocals. The band actually has not done a good job in setting that straight, in my opinion. It makes me wonder if they are shying away from saying there are no new Chester vocals because they want to drive attention to it from folks thinking this is an all new project with new CB on it. I really have no idea, that is just a hypothesis. There's really no information on this project out there at all anyway, besides that a release is coming. No time frame, no confirmed guests, no tracks, etc.

1 hour ago, Hahninator said:

I am sure it will be on all digital retailers due to Universal partnering with the label that the album is on.

Yes, I already see the media reporting that these are new Chester vocals. The band actually has not done a good job in setting that straight, in my opinion. It makes me wonder if they are shying away from saying there are no new Chester vocals because they want to drive attention to it from folks thinking this is an all new project with new CB on it. I really have no idea, that is just a hypothesis. There's really no information on this project out there at all anyway, besides that a release is coming. No time frame, no confirmed guests, no tracks, etc.

Yeah it’s def not new Chester vocals. They are his original vocal tracks from the 90’s. However they did change the pitch a few times that I’ve heard on Hole. But still not new vocals. People are going to think that it was the last thing he recorded before he died and it’s not true. I honestly think the last thing he did were those ‘’5 new songs’’ he said he wrote on Twitter in like late May. Cuz then LP was on tour through June and some of July and Mike said the Watsky meetup was just them meeting him and talking and then Watsky left, they didn’t make music, it was basically just him and Chester hanging out talking about the upcoming tour. So besides those songs he wrote that he probably did vocals for in some capacity, I guess Cross Off would probably be the last song he did vocals for. Vocals for OML were complete in December 2016.

But yeah, GD seems to be promoting it almost like it was the last thing Chester did and stuff and it’s not really true. Yeah he wanted to do a show and a reunion but he said the same to DBS about doing shows in LA and getting the band back together, remember that’s what he said to Frank Zummo and Ryan and shit. Plus a few days before he died he was texting Matt Sorum about wanting to do more Kings Of Chaos shows. GD wasn’t exclusive, they are kind of making it seem like it was his number one priority. It’s definitely to sell albums. The press is kind of annoying about it honestly. He also was super excited about the upcoming LP tour and Mike said he was recently talking about future ideas for LP before he died too. So yeah. LP was always his number one priority and honestly, he probably would have done that GD reunion show and that would have been it, trust me.

And I’ll get hate for this but I think they ripped the whole ‘’Chester wanted to make rock music again’’ from what Mark Morton said he told him. 100% believe that hahaha. I know Sean and Talinda now say that in February of 2017 he wanted to re-record vocals for this whole CD but I honestly don’t remember ever hearing that, I know he said on Instagram in like March that they were going to being playing a one off reunion show and then they announced it in like June but it’s easy to say ‘’Chester said this and this’’ years after he is gone cuz no one is gonna question that. But like it wasn’t more important to him above everything else, I mean he basically wanted to do the same thing with DBS and KOC right before he died lol

Edited by Garret

Pretty possible. No matter what the reason was, he really kicked ass in some of these projects. Kings of Chaos is something I really wish I saw, every time I see a video of him performing with them I am like ....damn this is legendary stuff. Chester gets a LOT of respect from other bands and artists for being able to nail those classic rock songs, the huge tracks.