'My Horizon' Added To BMI

lpliveusername

A new title has surfaced on the BMI catalog of Mike and Brad. 'My Horizon' credits the two Linkin Park members as well as English producer and songwriter Justin Parker (who co-wrote 'Invisible' with Mike). The title presents a previous catalog number than the One More Light songs, meaning it was registered before the rest of the album, but it wasn't public in Mike's or Brad's pages until now. Currently, it isn't attributed to any artist, so you won't find it in Linkin Park's catalog. The song was previously known as 'Lost My Horizon' and the band can be seen working on the lyrics with Parker during one of the live feeds from the One More Light sessions. Watch the video below.

Thanks to community member lhcluiz for the heads up. For a screenshot, see his Reddit post.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:31 AM, hybrider said:

I hope the new LPU album is coming soon! This is a sign maybe. 🔜🎶🎧

I'd strongly argue that LP's first release after CB would not be a fan club demo or fan club demo CD. That would go viral, everywhere, and they aren't even "album quality" songs. With how much of a perfectionist the "LP machine" is, I doubt they'd do this. Before we see anything from the LPU, I bet we get the full band announcement that they are back, an album announcement, and a single at the bare minimum.

I don't think this is anything to be concerned about, they register unreleased stuff on BMI a good bit. What Are You Worth and Ricochet were on there. Pictureboard is on there. Other unreleased stuff too. One thing we do know is - LP is very good at hiding/not having anything published to BMI until after it is released, if it is a new song. So I'd even argue that having it on BMI now means there is no release planned lol.

Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I'd strongly argue that LP's first release after CB would not be a fan club demo or fan club demo CD. That would go viral, everywhere, and they aren't even "album quality" songs. With how much of a perfectionist the "LP machine" is, I doubt they'd do this. Before we see anything from the LPU, I bet we get the full band announcement that they are back, an album announcement, and a single at the bare minimum.

I agree with everything. The only thing I can see getting released through LPU are either MS/PT demos or live recordings.

Did they do something for LPU18? I know LPU17 had a package just with no CD (and some recycled items from OML) but as far as I know LPU18 just had like a couple of shirts. I think I bought a long sleeve one but I don’t even know where it is. Lol. I hope they do one for LPU19, would be cool, and maybe some new music. I didn’t even think LPU was still a thing honestly so that’s cool. Since Lorenzo left a long time ago who runs it?

As far as music if they did give us something, I agree it won’t probably be new music like Hahninator said. Maybe some cool live tracks? PT demos don’t seem likely since LPU never really gave us side project stuff before except for a few small exceptions like Morning After acoustic 2009. I’d be ok with live stuff honestly. Probably won’t happen either way but yeah. 

Edited by Garret

I don't disagree that a cool move would be a "DSP" style release of a Mike Shinoda live Post Traumatic Tour show. That is what the LPU should have even done in between CDs in 2015 when the USA tour got canceled... I would have mixed up Orlando or Nashville and given it out for free to the LPU because the tour got canceled.

4 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

I don't disagree that a cool move would be a "DSP" style release of a Mike Shinoda live Post Traumatic Tour show. That is what the LPU should have even done in between CDs in 2015 when the USA tour got canceled... I would have mixed up Orlando or Nashville and given it out for free to the LPU because the tour got canceled.

Wow yeah that would have really been great if they had done that. And that way fans who couldn’t see the tour would still be able to hear what the tour sounded like in good quality. 

I’d be ok with a Post Traumatic show DSP. Probably won’t happen lol but you never know. Live stuff to me is fine to release, even LP. Live is a lot different than demos IMO. That’s why I want so much live stuff from the vaults and I don’t think the band would even be against live stuff coming out. Demos on the other hand I understand why they wouldn’t.