2019 Post Traumatic European Tour Announced

LPLStaff

Germany are always gonna get loads of shows Mercedes amg is a business partner of lp there headquarter is in Germany so bit of a coincidence. Feel sorry for other countries that did well with the wedemand but are over looked. Manchester should get a show considering how lps show had to be cancelled there think fans deserve a show. But least he is playing a non festival in uk this time so Ill go

Man...all these negative comments about Germany...Seriously, I would like to see other countries (South west europe, South east europe and eastern europe) getting the same love as we get here but almost hating a country for having a large fan base is undescribale :huh:

Hating? Germany always gets spoiled, I get it, it's not only an important place for Warner, but also a place with a lot of fan support. I could say the same for other countries but hey, I'm no manager or booker, I'm just a fan that wants to see people happy, especially countried that have never seen anything LP related being played live.

Nobody hates, or almost hates, Germany as a country for getting a lot of shows or having a large fan base. That's a silly thing to say.

People feel left out and wish Mike had spread out more for this tour and are voicing their opinion. That doesn't mean they "hate" Germany.

Germany always showed LP massive support. The band started touring heavily there starting in like 2009/2010 if you look at the band's live history. Before 2009, they did the usual festivals in Germany but look at years like 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017. Lots of touring there. It's a big market for LP there, and it looks like they are showing Mike solo a lot of love, too.

The only other place that has gotten more love from LP over the years is probably California but that's because that's the band's home and shit. Germany is huge for LP/Mike.

The first MTM Tour in 2007 only had one Germany show, in Hamburg. Before that, they did the Berlin club show but they had club shows in Germany for both Hybrid Theory and Meteora so that's nothing new. It was in 2008, I guess due to the massive success of MTM in Germany, where LP started exploding in popularity in Germany. They had three arena shows there in the winter, and then they took Projekt Revolution outside of the USA for the first time by taking it to Germany.

Munchen, Berlin, and Dusseldorf had massive Projekt Rev shows. I would really love for those to be released as DSPs one day too. In the LPTV for 2008, Chester says Munchen was the largest PR show ever (later outdone by Milton Keynes). Later on after those were announced, they added the Mannheim show too for the fourth German show of the tour. I think that's when it really started.

In 2009 they had 30k~ in Stuttgart at just a headlining show. That show was MASSIVE. Two shows on that tour. In 2010, they sold so many tickets immediately for five arena shows in Germany that they needed to add a sixth in Dortmund mid tour.

I am shocked the Living Things arena tour didn't happen because it would have had a ton of German shows. THP in 2014 got a LOT. And now it continues with Mike. It isn't a surprise to me, the fans there are epic and shows are always sold out or close to it.

The first MTM Tour in 2007 only had one Germany show, in Hamburg. Before that, they did the Berlin club show but they had club shows in Germany for both Hybrid Theory and Meteora so that's nothing new. It was in 2008, I guess due to the massive success of MTM in Germany, where LP started exploding in popularity in Germany. They had three arena shows there in the winter, and then they took Projekt Revolution outside of the USA for the first time by taking it to Germany.

Munchen, Berlin, and Dusseldorf had massive Projekt Rev shows. I would really love for those to be released as DSPs one day too. In the LPTV for 2008, Chester says Munchen was the largest PR show ever (later outdone by Milton Keynes). Later on after those were announced, they added the Mannheim show too for the fourth German show of the tour. I think that's when it really started.

In 2009 they had 30k~ in Stuttgart at just a headlining show. That show was MASSIVE. Two shows on that tour. In 2010, they sold so many tickets immediately for five arena shows in Germany that they needed to add a sixth in Dortmund mid tour.

I am shocked the Living Things arena tour didn't happen because it would have had a ton of German shows. THP in 2014 got a LOT. And now it continues with Mike. It isn't a surprise to me, the fans there are epic and shows are always sold out or close to it.

2007 had 4 German shows, 5 performances if you count the one song played at TV Total. 2008 is when the band started heavily touring Germany from there on out. I don't really consider 2008 as MTM, it's more like in between MTM and start of ATS since they started working on ATS in 2008.

Edited by GarretLP

I know they sold out Amsterdam in 2014 but I don't know about Germany. Obviously drew enough people at the arena shows in 2014 in Germany to play a soccer stadium in Berlin in 2015, though, and two HUGE other shows.

THP had a lot of German shows if you look at the calendar's for 2014 and 2015. I guess it was partially because LT didn't really have a tour in Europe at all. LT was a strange tour because it had stops virtually everywhere except Europe. Weird to me. They should have done a Europe Tour after South Africa in November, into December. And then launched another U.S. tour in January 2013 and some of February 2013, and then headed to Australia for Soundwave. Plenty of time to do it all. BID and LT did well pretty much everywhere, #1 single and #1 album, so the funds should have been in place. Wonder why they didn't do it.

But that's cool that they sold out Amsterdam. Was a cool show. I bet a lot of those late 2014 German shows were close to sold out, if not sold out. Europe really responded very well to THP, especially Germany.

Did they had sold out shows in THP run?

Interestingly enough, Mike said in the Zach Sang interview from 2017 that THP was actually the most successful touring cycle that the band had ever done. So I imagine that the band did pretty well at all the shows for THP.

Interestingly enough, Mike said in the Zach Sang interview from 2017 that THP was actually the most successful touring cycle that the band had ever done. So I imagine that the band did pretty well at all the shows for THP.

That is really crazy to me considering the Honda Civic Tour was WILDLY successful as well as the rest of the Living Things cycle. If I had to put a dollar amount on the most successful touring cycle I'd say MTM by far, because they did so many international huge shows.

But THP had 2 massive Brazil shows, the INSANE China Tour which I'm sure with 5 stadiums netted LP a lot of millions, and a big Euro Tour.

That is really crazy to me considering the Honda Civic Tour was WILDLY successful as well as the rest of the Living Things cycle. If I had to put a dollar amount on the most successful touring cycle I'd say MTM by far, because they did so many international huge shows.

But THP had 2 massive Brazil shows, the INSANE China Tour which I'm sure with 5 stadiums netted LP a lot of millions, and a big Euro Tour.

MTM had a lot of touring but I think LT/THP really grossed the most amount for the band. Carson 2012 was one of the band's biggest shows ever and Mike did say THP was the most successful touring cycle for the band, so he would know. They did a bunch of huge international shows in 2008-2009 in between MTM and ATS, that's when the band really took off overseas the most.

Those Brazil 2014 shows were epic. It just sucked that Brad wasn't there but they were still cool. China 2015, yeah, they definitely made some $$$ doing that tour for sure. Anyone remember when Mike played that OML demo off of his phone during an interview on that tour? That was cool. Randomly just remembered that.

Edited by GarretLP

No Portugal, Spain, Greece, Romania... yeah.

They havent been to Greece in years.... they came only back in 2008 and 2009 when i was 9 and 10 years old. they were my fav band but had no one to take me to the concert. Now LP has been my fav band for 10 years and still hadnt have the chance to see them (or Mike) live. Was really hoping that now that he has gone solo he would also tour in smaller countries like Greece. I'm a huge fan of the band and really need to see a live show. It's a dream goal to me. I'm thinking of going to the Paris show since I got a friend living there, hope I will make it happen :)

They havent been to Greece in years.... they came only back in 2008 and 2009 when i was 9 and 10 years old. they were my fav band but had no one to take me to the concert. Now LP has been my fav band for 10 years and still hadnt have the chance to see them (or Mike) live. Was really hoping that now that he has gone solo he would also tour in smaller countries like Greece. I'm a huge fan of the band and really need to see a live show. It's a dream goal to me. I'm thinking of going to the Paris show since I got a friend living there, hope I will make it happen :)

They played here (Spain) last year, they've been here only 5 times in over 15 years (2001, 2003, 2008, 2010 & 2017) and I don't see Mike coming to play because I rarely hear Mike's songs in the radio, sadly. So.. hopefully Greece and other places will have more chances.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda