Waiting For Tomorrow Releasing October 19

GlassCastles

mikes new tweet about the song is interesting, he says that the band wanted him to play it live at ultra in 2016

The tweet is talking about him and Garrix agreeing that Garrix should play the unfinished version of the song at Ultra (which he did), not that Linkin Park had plans to play at Ultra

i cant even tell chester is on that version... sounds just like the version released today but with different lyrics and vocal take from mike.

His voice is clear as day doubling Mike on the chorus. Check the distinct way he nasally pronounces "almost there" for example.

His voice is clear as day doubling Mike on the chorus. Check the distinct way he nasally pronounces "almost there" for example.

thanks i can hear it a little bit better now :) sometimes mike sounds like chester when he sings, at least to me

Definitely Chester's voice. My question, which I know nobody here can answer, is why Garrix decided to scratch Chester's vocals and not include them in the official release.

Mike sings really well on this song, and I'm taking nothing from his performance, but this is Chester Bennington. Why take his voice off the song?

If he was going to do that, then what was with him saying "because of Chester's passing it's little bit hard to release the song. I don't know if we're ever gonna release it."?

Did he scratch Chester's vocals BECAUSE he passed? If so, that makes no sense unless Chester personally didn't like his vocals on the song or something.

I'm guessing Warner or somebody in the LP/Chester camp decided not to allow Chester's vocals.

yeah probably because we havent heard any other unreleased songs with chester since he died (except the live album by LP but that was a while ago). probably the label doesnt want chester stuff released

• 3 weeks later...